Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/lu...g/news-story/050ba350751eebc593743475d02df1a2

Anyone think this has legs? I watched it last night and my initial reaction was it's absurd.

Reminds me a little of Paul Salmon moving to the Hawks from the Bombers after being the arch nemesis.
Didn't quite get the logic of the Cats letting their aging stars go and recruiting one from the Hawks either.

That said I wouldn't mind him in the mix with us if the Hawks decided his time is up and he wanted to play on. Or as a coach if thats his wish, either way he'd be a great influence. Hodge is the most valuable player of this century in my opinion.

Last edited:

I'd love him to come as a coach, but I doubt he will.
Cushy media job or another year at Hawthorn teaching the youngsters. He's pretty set.

Obviously him coming as a player make no sense for either Geelong or Hodge.

There's plenty to suggest he's more interested in media than coaching, as he doesn't want to miss time with his young boys that assistant coaching would force.

Can't see him doing anything other than retiring.

Seems like a fantasy to me.

Hutchy also thinks that if the Suns manage to make finals they should sack Rocket and use a caretaker from there onwards. So there's that.
Yeah saw that
:rolleyes:Great chance disrupting the coaching group would help for the remainder of the season, you would think.

Wouldn't cost them much, why not?

Imagine Dangerfield, Selwood, Hodge and Ablett all in the same team next year.
It reminds me of the Lakers Kobe/Gasol/Nash/Howard line-up that failed dismally. The idea of having all-time greats in the same team is appealing, it doesn't always work when two of them are way past their best and injury prone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like a fantasy to me.

Hutchy also thinks that if the Suns manage to make finals they should sack Rocket and use a caretaker from there onwards. So there's that.
What a ******* idiotic thing to think, let alone say on national television.

So we tap Chappy, SJ, Bartel and Kelly on the shoulder, Geelong legends, then bring in a 34 year old Hawthorn legend in Hodge to play 1 year?

We'd pretty much be shitting on those legends of our footy club by doing that, doesn't make any sense.

Hutchy has lost the plot anyway though, he just makes s**t up like all journos.

So we tap Chappy, SJ, Bartel and Kelly on the shoulder, Geelong legends, then bring in a 34 year old Hawthorn legend in Hodge to play 1 year?

We'd pretty much be shitting on those legends of our footy club by doing that, doesn't make any sense.

Hutchy has lost the plot anyway though, he just makes s**t up like all journos.

That's the other side of the coin, and it doesn't make sense either

Bringing Ablett in for a year or two I, and I think everyone, would understand

Hodge makes zero sense from a playing capacity

We will swap you back Lewis for Hodge
Will Lewis play again in 2018? He's getting his hands on it, but has looked slow this year.

Ablett you could understand because he's still playing some brilliant footy.

Hodge isn't. Offers leadership and experience, but is well down on form, it's been a downwards trend for a couple of years too so I don't think we'd see a form reversal next year either.

It's coaching or media for him.

My initial reaction is that it's absurd but I also thought the same about Mitchell to West Coast when the rumours started popping up. Still can't believe that happened so eh who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back