Autopsy **** yeah! Pies beat Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

There were a number of iffy free kicks for both sides but we were in front when the Reid free kick was given with only a minute to go so who knows what would have happened.
I think today showed a lot of character from the team, Grundy was huge worth only Reid helping in the ruck, most stood up and even though I was having a go at Crisp in the first qtr, he also played a game and seems to be a quiet achiever.
Shame about Moore may be out for the rest of the season, elbow or arm I think in addition to neck injury maybe.

Try Varcoe.

That was truly a gutsy win and all credit must go to the playing group.

Again, no discernible game plan but occasionally the playing group is able to play above the deleterious impact of the game plan and have a memorable win. All kudos to them. That's hard work.

Interesting stat - 22,927 under the warm roof of Etihad. Ouch to the bottom line.
Fans have been good this year. We will top the AFL attendances after next week. Only 200 behind leader Richmond who play GC. Amazing effort.

Wow never looked like winning that until the final siren. Some great efforts. Brodie was huge in the ruck and was supported by ALL the mids

Firstly. How bad is the channel 7 coverage of footy when you compare it to fox footy. The camera angles, the delayed replays whilst the actual game is running. Ugghhh!!!

Anyway, good win and all but it was a disgusting performance for mine. I'm not sure what it is, but I feel as though our list is just made up of a lot of dumb players, wrong decisions are forever being made, here are just a few:
- Josh Smith kicking in board from the HBF with a high kick and setting up WCE for a run in goal
- Maynard and Howe in a two on one both bumping the opposition and then neither going for the ball
- Maynards 75m set shot...
- Every second player standing 5-10m away from the man on the mark, effectively in no mans land, allowing an opposition free player to run into space for the easy overlap pass.

We need some respected senior players to come into the club next year to help with this. We don't have many seasoned veterans and those that we do have, don't seem to be the type that will pull a young guy aside and have a stern chat about what they did wrong and how they can improve on it next time.

It's near impossible but a player like Hodge on a one year deal would be massive for us. It's not about what he could do on the field, it's how he can coach whilst playing and start putting good habits into our players. I'm not sure who else is out there come seasons end, but players like McVeigh (Syd) Goddard (ESS) and even Shaw (GWS) would be great for us, we need some structure and leadership

Firstly. How bad is the channel 7 coverage of footy when you compare it to fox footy. The camera angles, the delayed replays whilst the actual game is running. Ugghhh!!!

Anyway, good win and all but it was a disgusting performance for mine. I'm not sure what it is, but I feel as though our list is just made up of a lot of dumb players, wrong decisions are forever being made, here are just a few:
- Josh Smith kicking in board from the HBF with a high kick and setting up WCE for a run in goal
- Maynard and Howe in a two on one both bumping the opposition and then neither going for the ball
- Every second player standing 5-10m away from the man on the mark, effectively in no mans land, allowing an opposition free player to run into space for the easy overlap pass.

We need some respected senior players to come into the club next year to help with this. We don't have many seasoned veterans and those that we do have, don't seem to be the type that will pull a young guy aside and have a stern chat about what they did wrong and how they can improve on it next time.

It's near impossible but a player like Hodge on a one year deal would be massive for us. It's not about what he could do on the field, it's how he can coach whilst playing and start putting good habits into our players. I'm not sure who else is out there come seasons end, but players like McVeigh (Syd) Goddard (ESS) and even Shaw (GWS) would be great for us, we need some structure and leadership
Josh Smith???

I thought Josh Smith was one of our best...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was truly a gutsy win and all credit must go to the playing group.

Again, no discernible game plan but occasionally the playing group is able to play above the deleterious impact of the game plan and have a memorable win. All kudos to them. That's hard work.

Interesting stat - 22,927 under the warm roof of Etihad. Ouch to the bottom line.

index.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back