• End of 2017

• End of 2018

• ASAP

• Extend his contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Scott will be the key to what happens with the Head Coach position at West Coast.

If North offload Scott and / or he decides to go to GC or Collingwood, things will start to happen very quickly at the Eagles.

The announcement from Adam will be along the lines of 'While I have enjoyed and learnt from my time at West Coast, the chance to coach at my old club...and for my family to return home to Melbourne, is an opportunity that I just have to take'.
In my dream all of this happens and in a masterstroke the eagles planned for this in getting mitchell - who was a forward scout for clarko - having Got the rebuild at hawks well on the way is looking for a new challenge.

We snare clarko and go from the softest bunch of girly sooks to the sociopathic eagles - win a threepeat starting 2018 - defeating gws three grannies in a row and basically making the afl's collective head implode.

Dockers fans spend the next 5 years altenating between weeping piteously and accusing us of somehow using a hypnotist to convince clarko

We laugh.

Long and loud.

6-0 chumps

Fapx10^20

In my dream all of this happens and in a masterstroke the eagles planned for this in getting mitchell - who was a forward scout for clarko - having Got the rebuild at hawks well on the way is looking for a new challenge.

We snare clarko and go from the softest bunch of girly sooks to the sociopathic eagles - win a threepeat starting 2018 - defeating gws three grannies in a row and basically making the afl's collective head implode.

Dockers fans spend the next 5 years altenating between weeping piteously and accusing us of somehow using a hypnotist to convince clarko

We laugh.

Long and loud.

6-0 chumps

Fapx10^20

In your dream are there no asterix beside the cups?

No I'm stupid enough to think that Cripps and others continually fumbling it and our general poor skills is Adam Simpsons responsibility.

So far he hasn't done anything about it and continues to tolerate it and pick the same players that keep doing it.

Are you stupid enough to think it isn't his responsibility?
You do realise a s**t player is a s**t player. Coaches aren't fix-all magicians who can turn anyone into a star. Cripps being a fumbling mess has nothing to do with Simpson. Cripps work rate was good but his polish non-existent.

You do realise a s**t player is a s**t player. Coaches aren't fix-all magicians who can turn anyone into a star. Cripps being a fumbling mess has nothing to do with Simpson. Cripps work rate was good but his polish non-existent.

So why is he still playing?

So why is he still playing?
I am in the camp that he never should have been brought back in from injury without playing WAFL, so I don't agree with his continual selection this year.

In saying that though I imagine it to be a combination of:
  • The game last week where he started on fire
  • Injuries of Lecras, Venables and Rioli
  • Hill and Karpany hitting really bad form and nobody in the WAFL really in that position besides them
  • GPS data showing his work rate to the coaches and them believing it's a confidence/matter of time thing

I'd be disappointed if he wasn't overtaken next year but not sure where from besides Rioli?

Venables is dangerous but also a far better option through the middle with his pace and ball use, Karpany has been on the list a while and doesn't offer much but I still hope it clicks for him one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because possibly the players he has at his disposal are more s**t:rolleyes:

And who's fault is that? Cripps? Those players?

It's Simpson and his cronies who have ****ed our list. Along with Worsfold who ****ed it before he left and we still have some residual s**t.

That's my point. Ultimately it's the coach's responsibility.
Just Clarkson said he wouldn't allow players who couldn't kick properly in his team and removed those who couldnt. He took responsibility for it and fixed it.

Simpson and some here just blame the players.
And then Simpson does nothing about it.

I am in the camp that he never should have been brought back in from injury without playing WAFL, so I don't agree with his continual selection this year.

In saying that though I imagine it to be a combination of:
  • The game last week where he started on fire
  • Injuries of Lecras, Venables and Rioli
  • Hill and Karpany hitting really bad form and nobody in the WAFL really in that position besides them
  • GPS data showing his work rate to the coaches and them believing it's a confidence/matter of time thing

I'd be disappointed if he wasn't overtaken next year but not sure where from besides Rioli?

Venables is dangerous but also a far better option through the middle with his pace and ball use, Karpany has been on the list a while and doesn't offer much but I still hope it clicks for him one day.

I agree with you.

Ultimately it is a failure of the coach and recruitment development team that has us in this position.

We used to be ruthless. Not anymore.

Simpson has destroyed this football club.

We have become the laughing stock of the football world.

Do you really feel the need to just say the same thing every couple of days?

Everyone is aware of your views on the subject. Everyone. Repeating them like clockwork adds nothing.

Give it a rest.

Do you really feel the need to just say the same thing every couple of days?

Everyone is aware of your views on the subject. Everyone. Repeating them like clockwork adds nothing.

Give it a rest.
Yeah well ive seen you post this a few times fivey!!

Good for the goose good for the gander

:crosseyed:

We laugh.

Long and loud.

6-0 chumps

Fapx10^20
The footy gods should have just let us win the whole damn thing in 2015 if they wanted to play a cruel joke on freo.

And who's fault is that? Cripps? Those players?

It's Simpson and his cronies who have ****** our list. Along with Worsfold who ****** it before he left and we still have some residual s**t.

That's my point. Ultimately it's the coach's responsibility.
Just Clarkson said he wouldn't allow players who couldn't kick properly in his team and removed those who couldnt. He took responsibility for it and fixed it.

Simpson and some here just blame the players.
And then Simpson does nothing about it.

is there any chance we might play someone 6 foot in the centre bounces? Listening to Simmo at the presser.. he still loves and rates Priddis and what he provides as champion. With Gaff, Hutch and Mitchell.. No wonder we have/had no chance or hope in our midfield. He started with Yeo in the midfield then shits his pants and puts him back to half back. yes.. Yeo went back to save the day.. GREAT that's how we think? Always totally reactionary? Guess you have to when deadweight Priddis and Gaff clog up the MVP middle spots. By choice and or by default (can't play them anywhere else). Why not throw our most offensive players at the opposition from the middle instead of off half back for f's sakes!!

I agree with you.

Ultimately it is a failure of the coach and recruitment development team that has us in this position.

We used to be ruthless. Not anymore.
Simmos fault he couldnt heal Venables or Rioli sooner

wd1ahsy.gif

Simmos fault he couldnt heal Venables or Rioli sooner

wd1ahsy.gif

Miss the point much.

We've been a fumbly soft weak side for a long time. Not just the last 10 minutes.

And it hasn't been addressed for a long time.

What has Simpson down to address the mental and physical weakness in our side since the 15 gf?

Sweet heck all.

I actually think the biggest problem isn't Simpson based but the other areas of coaching and development. Stoppages and structures are the single most important part of the game in my opinion and we are ******* pitiful in this area (sorry coxy).

On top of this drafting and development are the next most important. A forward line coach, a back line coach, a midfield coach, really all they should be doing is reinforcing the setups and play style set and designed by the head coach and stoppage and structures coach. Put the money into making sure we have the best stoppage and structures coach and the best development team and a lot of our problems in the future will disappear.

Miss the point much.

We've been a fumbly soft weak side for a long time. Not just the last 10 minutes.

And it hasn't been addressed for a long time.

What has Simpson down to address the mental and physical weakness in our side since the 15 gf?

Sweet **** all.
You just said Simmo and the recruitment team are at fault in reference to out forward line particularly Cripps. We have Rioli, Venables, Waterman and Allen in the wings but they have been injured. It may explain why he has kept playing certain players.

I actually think the biggest problem isn't Simpson based but the other areas of coaching and development. Stoppages and structures are the single most important part of the game in my opinion and we are ******* pitiful in this area (sorry coxy).

On top of this drafting and development are the next most important. A forward line coach, a back line coach, a midfield coach, really all they should be doing is reinforcing the setups and play style set and designed by the head coach and stoppage and structures coach. Put the money into making sure we have the best stoppage and structures coach and the best development team and a lot of our problems in the future will disappear.

Excellent post - I would also add medical staff to the 'review'

Seem to take a while getting some players back on the park, put them on the park too early only to re-injure themselves and the we recruit kids with long term injuries who we don't see the best of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back