What the heck? Dustin Martin to go to Crows

Martin to crows 2018

• Yes

• No

• Maybe..

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The difference between Dusty & Richmond and those players & there other teams is that the other teams were good enough to replace the player they lost. I can't say the same about Richmond as they have no where near as much depth as either Geelong, Hawthorn or Adelaide. Martin is one of the main reasons they've been so successful this year... so why the hell would you get rid of him?

There's really no comparison between Richmond this year & those Geelong/Hawthorn teams... They were both incredible sides at the time, Richmond hasn't proved that yet.
Martin would be a huge loss for them & difficult to cover.
Agree. Geelong and Hawthorn both had the ability to cover that loss. They'd both also won 2 premierships with those individuals. Richmond losing Dustin is far worse than Geelong & Hawthorn losing Ablett & Franklin respectively.

The Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees and went on to actually win a title just 86 years latter.

So it is not all bad news for Tigers fans if they lose Dusty. :)

Last edited:
If Richmond lose to Martin they wint turn to s**t but they will probably struggle to make finals. The difference between hawthorn and Geelongs list and then Richmonds in talent is night and day

I somewhat agree. He may be demanding top top top dollar and it could free up cap space. I am unaware if he is a RFA? If so and dusty goes for top dollar they will get full compo. Trade for Kelly and maybe another gun.

Dusty is an awesome player though. Glad the decision is not mine.

If they finish Top 4 full band 1 compo will not be that great and will be an automatic pick right after their 1st Rd pick from memory which will be quite low anyway in an even draft which is not very highly rated outside of the Top 10 prospects.

Next years draft by all reports is outstanding from what i am reading on draft boards and in the media.

I still do not think he will leave though and IF he stays he is gunna screw the Tigers for all they have $$$ wise.

why stop at just Dusty? Rance, Cotchin, Reiwoldt, get rid of all of them and watch the premierships flood in year after year.

No they'll have to let Riewoldt go in 2018 to win 2019, let Cotchin go in 2019 to win 2020 and let Rance go in 2020 to win 2021 if they want to win multiple flags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We would get pretty well compensated or would get 2 first rounders if we forced a trade so it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Not if North finish last and he requests to go there and they have the PSD leverage. If the offer was 2 mil a year that would place Richmond's salary cap in such a mess they'd probably settle for Pick 1 if the Kangas offered it. Certainly it would be one hell of a negotiation.

I can't see him leaving to go to North though. I'm convinced if he does leave he's sneaking up to Sydney or taking a bucket of cash from the GC.

You dont let your best player leave because of some random factoid. You might trade because the price is too high and you have the last chance to get a good return due to FA (we should have done this last contract with Motlop for example).

We already had a moment similar to that - we got rid of Deledio (who, although not the best player in the comp, we barely won without) after finishing 13th and are currently in the top 4 almost a year later.

I am not saying that we won't improve without Martin, but he is currently a key cog in our midfield. Not sure we have the ability to lose him and remain competitive.

Interested to hear why you think that ... what parts of SA have you been to and what s**t hole experiences have you had ?
Genuinely intrigued on your view ?? throw some s**t
As someone who goes to Melb for work very often, Melb is a s**t hole. Beaches are like you would find in the black sea in Russia. The fishing in Pt Phillip bay and Westernport are terrible. Went to a snapper fishing contest around Mornington and there was more trophies than fish caught. Go swimming and you leave the water with your feet bloody from sea lice bites.
You can visit some of those beautiful suburbs like St Albans, Broadmedows and Frankston. Sure you might get stabbed or beaten by a group of new arrivals, but the kebabs are to die for.
Then you get the pleasure of paying hundreds of dollars a week to drive on toll roads. Or you can cruise along the ring road doing 60kph because theres so many people climbing on top of each other.
Unless you have yellow fever dont bother with the women there. Even Goldfingers and its ilk are full of overseas backpackers because the locals are too ugly.
And if you want to go for a stroll through the city most of the time you will spend walking uphill.
Such a great place.

As someone who goes to Melb for work very often, Melb is a s**t hole. Beaches are like you would find in the black sea in Russia. The fishing in Pt Phillip bay and Westernport are terrible. Went to a snapper fishing contest around Mornington and there was more trophies than fish caught. Go swimming and you leave the water with your feet bloody from sea lice bites.
You can visit some of those beautiful suburbs like St Albans, Broadmedows and Frankston. Sure you might get stabbed or beaten by a group of new arrivals, but the kebabs are to die for.
Then you get the pleasure of paying hundreds of dollars a week to drive on toll roads. Or you can cruise along the ring road doing 60kph because theres so many people climbing on top of each other.
Unless you have yellow fever dont bother with the women there. Even Goldfingers and its ilk are full of overseas backpackers because the locals are too ugly.
And if you want to go for a stroll through the city most of the time you will spend walking uphill.
Such a great place.
Quite a glowing report compared to my last visit. Sounds like Melbourne has improved quite a bit.

Did you make it to Moorabbin? I hear you can get moccassins with buy 1 pair get one free deals. And my mate says in one of the arden street car parks you can pick up good quality transistor radios, 2nd hand, with an ear piece for a few bob.

I agree. For 1.5 million they could get a decent midfielder (not Dusty tier but still good) and a good 2nd KF and still have some left over. Plus they could get 2 high draft picks this year (2 already, get 2 for Martin and trade a couple out for the other positions).
That'd improve their list overall I reckon. If Dusty stays for around 1 mil it might be worth it but anymore and they're better off letting some other team risk 1.5 mil on 1 player.

why stop at just Dusty? Rance, Cotchin, Reiwoldt, get rid of all of them and watch the premierships flood in year after year.

That was the tried strategy of the Blues which you are suggesting.....Kennedy, Betts, Garland, Toohey, Waites, etc...that worked well for the Blues.

Back