Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those in the know, what type of forward is big Harry?

Watching the Giants tonight and their fwd line doesn't seem dangerous at all with Patton, Cameron and lobb

The Crows talks however seem to work well together and all bring something different to the side. They're also very tall Tex, Gov, Lynch, Jenkins.

It shows how important it is to have different types of talls rather than just good talls.

Id say McKay is a 100 goal forward who is likely to win several Coleman medals and at least 5 flags. But hey i could be biased......

So youré saying you would rather a Kerridge type who trains hard & seems to try and do what Bolts tells him than recruit a match winner like Stringer??

I'd definitely prefer a Kerridge type (Ed also springs to mind) whose direction of late is northwards than a flaky potential matchwinner whose recent direction is southward. But you weren't asking me and I happen to be a fan of Kerridge and have never had a wrap on "the Package"

I hear ya NavyBlue. But from another point of view I hear everyone saying Curnow is going to move more and more into the midfield. I dont want that to happen but everyone else seems too.

Sooo...if Curnow does move into the mdfield..then there is a bonus midfielder right there and then Stringer (if regaining his best form) is a great midsized fwd replacement for Curnow.

The package at his best is just simply mouth watering.

I know...we need more midfielders, and Stringer is not at his best right now (moneyball). Soooo, it all comes down to price. I'd risk the Gibbs pick if it was 17/18. There, I said it. Pick three on a mid. Add Curnow and pick 3 mids to our mids. Find someone like a Miles to add to our mids. Sit back and stroke on it as Curnow kicks it to Stringer who fends off 5 defenders and kicks a goal!

I too love a mouth watering package. I still think Curnow will spend over 50% of game time as a forward next year.

What were to happen if we kept him once again only for him to finally shrug his shoulders to the point where it effects his performance and our chances of winning crucial matches? There's no guarantee he'll take it as well a second time. The club is well within its rights to stand firm to get something good for him but to make it so tough as to effectively sabotage the trade boggles the mind at this stage. I'd would have rather have had a kid like Jarrod Berry on the list right now, probably fully committed to the club for the next ten years, than someone who only has a small handful of years left and doesn't really want to be here. We should be using Gibbs as a springboard to make trades happen; to think we were only to keen to let Geelong get their man if it meant making the trade for Marchbank and Pickett much easier.

I really don't understand the attitude regarding Gibbs, especially a second time.

We have had no indication so far that Gibbs is actually demanding a transfer to Adelaide and, after looking at them last night, I'm extremely doubtful that they will want, or need, to match our demands. Rockliff basically comes free and is little less capable than Gibbs.

Gibbs has always displayed a professional attitude towards his football and I can't see that changing, specially as he doesn't seem to have put all his eggs in Adelaides basket.

I'm for keeping Gibbs at all costs but, then again, I've always been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Kelly along with other Giants last night he was uninspiring... is he worth the big $$ ?

I actually thought he was very good last night in a side that was being poleaxed and I watched him live against West Coast in the second last round and if he doesn't play they lose that game.

Think it's academic anyway, GWS are a chance to go out in straight sets and I've always thought that the only reason he leaves is with a premiership.

Re Kelly along with other Giants last night he was uninspiring... is he worth the big $$ ?
Still... He was streets better than most of their players on the night. Really looked like none of them could be arsed. Although it sounds like now that a few key posts have injuries... J. Cameron the hamstring, Mumfords ankle is bad again, Davis' back is bad again and their attacking half backs in wilson and Williams seem to be completely off the boil.

In saying that, if that was an off night for Kelly - wow...

Kelly looked like a guy not emotionally invested in the result because he's leaving for bluer pastures.

Also, was still better than every one of his teammates. He's the real deal, and if he's available we move #3 to obtain him for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back