List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saints didn't have a pick in the first round last year.
Here's the trades:

SAINTS

Saints traded pick 10 and 68 to Hawks.
Hawks gave back 2017 First round pick, Pick 23 and Pick 36.

Richmond
Traded Brett Deledio

Received:
2017 first round pick (Geelong)
2017 Third round pick (GWS)

I've never claimed to be a youth footy expert, but after watching a couple of minutes of highlights from Izak Rankine (that now makes me an expert, right?), he's exactly what we need in next years draft. Dare I say it, a right footed Josh Kelly.

I know this has been floated before, but is it worth looking at trading out pick 4 this year for a first rounder next year given how strong the draft will be? It would put us in an excellent position for a super draft with two first round picks that we could either use to get two of the best yougn players available, or package to move higher in the draft and give us a shot at one of the truly elite kids.

I would love to know how our recruiters rate the top 4 or 5 prospects of this draft against the first rounders of next year. Pykie as the most knowledgable youth person on this board, how would you rate Rayner/Dow/Cerra/Stephenson/LDU if they were in next years draft? Would they be top 10 talents? If not, would it be worth trying to trade out our first of this year for one next year?
nah reckon we'll get a damn good player with our pick 4 this year and too much of a lottery on what actual pick we end up with next year. Also looking to season 2019, pick 4 this year will have had 2 pre seasons, time in the gym and in the system, and played at least a handful of afl games in 2018, and ready to make an impact on the comp in 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See look at ya's, all up and about looking forward to the super talent we will get with pick 4. The easiest thing for North to do was offer a young champ ( Kelly) 10 million dollars. My biological father who embezzled 5 mil could have come up with that plan. Actually Kelly may not have seen a cent of it.

We'd be pick 4 down and our first next year in the so called super draft. This will work out for the best. Just got to figure out a way to finish below Brissy and Carlton....... won't be easy.

Hit the AFL up for a priority pick and Bob's our Uncle. With the talent that emerged during the year and the overall standard of the comp,we won't be far off a lot sooner than some want to believe.

True story!
There is no way in the world we will get a priority pick, ever. With a healthy list, organic improvement, and a better draw, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us in contention for 8th spot come august next year.

There is no way in the world we will get a priority pick, ever. With a healthy list, organic improvement, and a better draw, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us in contention for 8th spot come august next year.

I know that, you know that, the general football public don't.

Time to bank on the misinformation

Bottom 4 in the 8 is a possibility, the lower the more likely I spose.

Tom Lamb from west coast would be a good cheap pickup

Have always been a fan

Nah, been s**t for East Perth this season, was on the verge of being dropped to East Perth Reserves.

Question someone smarter than I may be able to answer.

What's the go with changing current contracts in a POSITIVE way? Can it be done if both club and player agree to it and signed off on by the AFL?

Say we're sitting 2m behind the minimum cap for the year, we're not going to say... "Hey Dec, Sign on for a year at 2m?" to meet that minimum cap.

Could we say, go to every player at the club and offer them a 50k bonus for the year?

What's the go with changing current contracts in a POSITIVE way? Can it be done if both club and player agree to it and signed off on by the AFL?

Say we're sitting 2m behind the minimum cap for the year, we're not going to say... "Hey Dec, Sign on for a year at 2m?" to meet that minimum cap.

Could we say, go to every player at the club and offer them a 50k bonus for the year?

Just tweeted Ricky Nixon to find out.

2019 payments can be brought forward into the 2018 cap to bring it up to min of 95%.

2019 payments can be brought forward into the 2018 cap to bring it up to min of 95%.
Yeah, I'm talking about if we're at a point where bringing forward payment's doesn't really solve any issues, at some point that money has to be spent.

Yeah, I'm talking about if we're at a point where bringing forward payment's doesn't really solve any issues, at some point that money has to be spent.

Well if we are paying 80% of cap in 2018 we can bring 15% from 2019 payments.

I think it would take awhile to completely use all of the following years payments but at that point I guess youd need to spend it.

Time to get a Brayshaw back to the club. Angus' younger brother Andrew has everything we need - reads the play, gets plenty of the pill, inside/outside run, explosiveness, clean hands, good ball use. Pick #4 should be used on him. Looks better at least than Uniacke-Davies, Cerra and Dow. Rayner and Higgins are the other two that I would consider if still available at 4.

St Dwarvians......you can say all you want about not deflecting all you want. But you guys were going all nuts about Josh and calling him Jelly, changing avatars to photoshop jobs of Josh....pictures of Jelly and were so much into Josh as we were. The only thing different was you guys knew you were no longer in the picture (even though you never were) much earlier than Josh's announcement and leak last week. You can try and convince yourself otherwise all you want but you got wham bam smacked in the face :)

Save yourself the embarrassment. Because you are embarrassing yourselves.....though your immature selves would probably not even care. My whole family are Saint supporters and they were a direct reflection of the desire for Josh on your board; only not 10 year old like maturity.

I'd say that Josh re-signed with GWS and went nowhere else gives me joy; but it really doesn't because he was only considering two clubs in the first place. No worries, we will have another crack and will no doubt continue the conversations with Josh over the next couple of years. There's no real legitimate targets from now to then and we'll still be in a strong position to do so when he's ready to come home. But if not, no worries I am happy with most of our list and I look forward to seeing Jy Simpkin develop and whom we get in the draft this year, along with other Tas academy players. I'm disappointed, but happy :)

St LOLda - The biggest NM board stalking members on BF...let the obsession continue. ROFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back