The Charles Cameron Apology Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty amusing to see people (mostly Jeffcrowe) come out on the offensive after Cameron's one good game in 4 months.

Cameron was rightly being criticized for providing nothing but half-quarter cameos for 2/3rds of the season. He deserved to be dropped at the time. He stagnated badly and was showing no signs of development. His excellent preliminary final doesn't retrospectively turn his poor games into good games.
you can't do everything with a spreadsheet.

Charlie had shown serious glimpses on big stages in the last two finals series, and those performances are never an accident. His preliminary final shows that, and that the coaches were right to back him in.

Pretty amusing to see people (mostly Jeffcrowe) come out on the offensive after Cameron's one good game in 4 months.

Cameron was rightly being criticized for providing nothing but half-quarter cameos for 2/3rds of the season. He deserved to be dropped at the time. He stagnated badly and was showing no signs of development. His excellent preliminary final doesn't retrospectively turn his poor games into good games.
His preliminary final proves that it would have been the wrong call to drop him. Could not possibly have been more emphatic.

His preliminary final proves that it would have been the wrong call to drop him. Could not possibly have been more emphatic.
Did anyone want him dropped for the prelim? I was mostly referring to people repeatedly wanting him dropped in the regular season

Did anyone want him dropped for the prelim? I was mostly referring to people repeatedly wanting him dropped in the regular season
Yes? People have been calling for him to be dropped for the entire second half of the season. If it stopped, it was only because some gave up hope that it would happen.

Pretty funny that people wouldn't have picked him and he came out and fired as I predicted after a couple of weeks off in 3

And then people still bagging him and me

That's the funny bit , shall we drop him again this week

I like people that go extra offensive after being wrong , I'd be sitting pretty quietly if I was them after an absolute howler of a call to omit him

Pick 15 in trade seems to be the consensus , not bad for a hack

Yes? People have been calling for him to be dropped for the entire second half of the season. If it stopped, it was only because some gave up hope that it would happen.
It should have happened in the middle of the season. I thought Cameron was serviceable in the QF so he was never in line for being dropped. I don't remember a single person in the PF changes thread calling for Cameron's head

I never called for him to be dropped, although his form late in the H+A season was definitely worthy of scrutiny.

You've lost the plot now though...

Something is wrong with you.

The kinda guy that would say we're all idiots for not thinking Steven Bradbury would win gold in the speed skating.

We get it, Cameron had a good game for the first time in about 15 weeks.
Well you're the ones acting like you made the right call . You didn't call for him to be dropped but plenty arguing now with me did

But they are still correct because he's had a diabolical season apparently

But still worth pick 15 in trade and one of our best big game performers

Love I'm being ridiculed for making the right call , I said he'd fire in the prelim after a freshen up , he did . I'm right . Can't see what your problem is , maybe the winning a prelim thing has thrown a few people

so did they want him dropped to find form in the SANFL or because they thought the side couldn't carry him?

given his performance on Friday night and the fact we finished top of the ladder without him missing a game I guess they were wrong either way.

Well you're the ones acting like you made the right call . You didn't call for him to be dropped but plenty arguing now with me did

Love I'm being ridiculed for making the right call , I said he'd fire in the prelim after a freshen up , he did . I'm right . Can't see what your problem is , maybe the winning a prelim thing has thrown a few people
He had a poor regular season. As I said, his prelim performance doesn't retrospectively make his H&A games good

you can't do everything with a spreadsheet.

Charlie had shown serious glimpses on big stages in the last two finals series, and those performances are never an accident. His preliminary final shows that, and that the coaches were right to back him in.
Amen - you're comments are a more balanced and correct version of mine

I'm Just trying to shake these clowns up a bit

so did they want him dropped to find form in the SANFL or because they thought the side couldn't carry him?

given his performance on Friday night and the fact we finished top of the ladder without him missing a game I guess they were wrong either way.
Probably both? It's not unreasonable to want an underperforming player dropped to the SANFL. See David Mackay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably both? It's not unreasonable to want an underperforming player dropped to the SANFL. See David Mackay
I don't think you understand football

In fact I'm sure of it

In what universe could david Mackay come out and turn a final like CC did

And what do you think is one of the main parts of our game plan that CC is a crucial part of making happen

Have you heard Pykey and players say ' territory , get it in forward half , set up and lock it in , repeat entries , build pressure kick goals '

There is a bl00dy AFL.com article about how Adelaide and Richmond are the best at this and the main players being CC and Eddie . And CCS goals and tackles outweigh any of the Richmond guys and that's one of their strengths and they in a granny in part because of it

If that's a diabolical season in a GF side then you guys have no credibility and need a new hobby

I'm sure the coaches and the players disagree , I know they do

This be you trying to convince Scorpus

kDWBYf.gif

was he dropped twice? I know at least once he didn't even play in the SANFL before he was recalled.

Douglas is another one I thought needed to be dropped to find form earlier in the year, but I was wrong about that.

The problem here is you're going on and on after 1 game.
He needs to have those kinda games fairly regularly.

We'll see whether he's worth pick 15.

I don't think you understand football

In fact I'm sure of it

In what universe could david Mackay come out and turn a final like CC did

And what do you think is one of the main parts of our game plan that CC is a crucial part of making happen

Have you heard Pykey and players say ' territory , get it in forward half , set up and lock it in , repeat entries , build pressure kick goals '

There is a bl00dy AFL.com article about how Adelaide and Richmond are the best at this and the main players being CC and Eddie . And CCS goals and tackles outweigh any of the Richmond guys and that's one of their strengths and they in a granny in part because of it

If that's a diabolical season in a GF side then you guys have no credibility and need a new hobby

I would have thought this is fairly straightforward so I'll explain it to you.

Defensively Cameron was on par with last season. Offensively he was worse. For this reason, he had a worse season. Some of his field kicking and goal kicking was poor. Hence he was "poor" (not diabolical).

Unless his offensive contribution is irrelevant, his 2017 year was worse compared to 2016.

Dropping him in the middle of the season when he was struggling wouldn't have been a surprising move. It would have been justified considering his performances at the time. No one at the time would have gone "wow, why did we drop him, I hope that doesn't burn us in the PF several months from now"

I brought up Mackay because he was dropped, found form in the SANFL, then started contributing at AFL level for a few months now. He's not going to have a Cameron like final, but he did improve by going back for a few weeks and working on some things.

All you are doing is taking the PF performance, and saying "see, I was right! This one game proves he wasn't that bad after all"

The problem here is you're going on and on after 1 game.
He needs to have those kinda games fairly regularly.

We'll see whether he's worth pick 15.
The thing is apart from missing a few sitter goals he was never half as bad as some made out and never quite as good as Jeff maintains, end note is he produced big time when it most counted which Jeff maintained all along, at least concede in the end he was absolutely right.

I would have thought this is fairly straightforward so I'll explain it to you.

Defensively Cameron was on par with last season. Offensively he was worse. For this reason, he had a worse season. Some of his field kicking and goal kicking was poor. Hence he was "poor" (not diabolical).

Unless his offensive contribution is irrelevant, his 2017 year was worse compared to 2016.

Dropping him in the middle of the season when he was struggling wouldn't have been a surprising move. It would have been justified considering his performances at the time. No one at the time would have gone "wow, why did we drop him, I hope that doesn't burn us in the PF several months from now"

I brought up Mackay because he was dropped, found form in the SANFL, then started contributing at AFL level for a few months now. He's not going to have a Cameron like final, but he did improve by going back for a few weeks and working on some things.

All you are doing is taking the PF performance, and saying "see, I was right! This one game proves he wasn't that bad after all"
No no no

In his down patch he still played an important role and he was never NEVER gettin dropped

People here just watch offence and possession counts . I get that but that's only 1/3 of the game

He showed enough signs that he wasn't far away offensively ( but did a damn good job defensively against GWS ) and I said he'd fire in the prelim after a week off

But I'm wrong because he should have fired early and he was due for a good game ? In a prelim if that's possible

A lot of fonzies here that can't say wrong . Listen to DD23 re Douglas - me and him we're WRONG about him ... and Mackay . See I was wrong

You guys are / were wrong re CC end of story

The thing is apart from missing a few sitter goals he was never half as bad as some made out and never quite as good as Jeff maintains, end note is he produced big time when it most counted which Jeff maintained all along, at least concede in the end he was absolutely right.
Thanks Bicks and you are correct. I am over compensating because these clowns are hard to get through to especially when proven WRONG

Imagine if Geelong had played better and CC was dropped like some of these guys wanted

No no no

In his down patch he still played an important role and he was never NEVER gettin dropped

People here just watch offence and possession counts . I get that but that's only 1/3 of the game

He showed enough signs that he wasn't far away offensively ( but did a damn good job defensively against GWS ) and I said he'd fire in the prelim after a week off

But I'm wrong because he should have fired early and he was due for a good game ? In a prelim if that's possible

A lot of fonzies here that can't say wrong . Listen to DD23 re Douglas - me and him we're WRONG about him ... and Mackay . See I was wrong

You guys are / were wrong re CC end of story

If Cameron was dropped in the middle if the season, would it have been reasonable or unreasonable at the time? If it happened, could it have been justified?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back