NFL 2017 NFL - Week 5

Trubisky Performance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watson >> Carr
Watson = RGIII.

Anyone else remember RGIII's rookie year?

and then injuries like most running QB's and teams discovered how the scheme against them.

Watson is the next Cam Newton.
Current Cam Newton who is as fragile as Bradford, or he will have 3 years before he cant move anymore.

Cam Newton was the new Michael Vick. just without the dog fighting, but injuries got them both.

I refuse to buy into the hype of the running QB's until they have done something. and then they all have a drastic downfall. Keap was the next GOAT a few years ago, took the 9ers to a superbowl. and then couldnt even hit a wide open target. that was before the protests.

Two TD's in the first 1/4, then nothing until the last- they very nearly lost it.
I had multi's riding on the Buccs, so was glued to GamePass on my iPad.
That's ok tho. He was horrific the week before. Basically that's Winston. When he's bad, he throws picks all over the place, air mails the ball into triple coverage, stares his receiver, holds onto the ball too long. When he's good, he's like what you saw vs the Giants. Which WAS a good game from him, tho his productivity went down after the first qtr, he wasn't horrifically playing.

Current Cam Newton who is as fragile as Bradford, or he will have 3 years before he cant move anymore.

Cam Newton was the new Michael Vick. just without the dog fighting, but injuries got them both.

I refuse to buy into the hype of the running QB's until they have done something. and then they all have a drastic downfall. Keap was the next GOAT a few years ago, took the 9ers to a superbowl. and then couldnt even hit a wide open target. that was before the protests.
Say what you want about Cam Newton, but he defied all naysayers. He came in, and has proved himself a top notch QB. He CAN throw the ball all over the field, he CAN run and not get hurt, in fact pounds defenders like no QB has before. I remember so many runs last season when he barreled into gang-tackles and broke them apart, fighting for 3 yards and getting them, and more. And like that TD last week vs Patriots, 5 or so yards out, he monstered his way thru, bruising THEM.

He has his flaws, but by and large, he's a stud QB who can do it all, not a bust.

Say what you want about Cam Newton, but he defied all naysayers. He came in, and has proved himself a top notch QB. He CAN throw the ball all over the field, he CAN run and not get hurt, in fact pounds defenders like no QB has before. I remember so many runs last season when he barreled into gang-tackles and broke them apart, fighting for 3 yards and getting them, and more. And like that TD last week vs Patriots, 5 or so yards out, he monstered his way thru, bruising THEM.

He has his flaws, but by and large, he's a stud QB who can do it all, not a bust.
He did turn me around, but now i think it was all for nothing, his injuries are stacking up, and he didnt develop enough to be a pocket passer. Olsen going down hurts that even more.

He had an amazing rookie year, in the first month he had back to back 300yd passing games IIRC on was at Arizona. I wasnt on the hype train till the MVP season, and now he is a shadow of that player.

Running QB i just cant buy as franchise QB because they either get schemed out of the game or injuries end them. they wont be 10+ year leaders of the team. too many of them i have seen fail to jump on the hype train of another in a rookie season, especially after 3 games.

My attack on Carr btw is based on film study. Like what I posted above.

Year four he's supposed to have elevated his play to elite status. Instead, he's regressing before our eyes. Specifically, he's getting lazy. In his preparation, where he thinks he can do it all now, so doesn't put in the extra time. He's lazy at the LOS, getting out-foxed by defensive looks. He's getting lazy with his pre-snap and post-snap reads. He thinks he can just drop back and force passes to predesignated receivers of his choice.

My attack on Carr btw is based on film study. Like what I posted above.

Year four he's supposed to have elevated his play to elite status. Instead, he's regressing before our eyes. Specifically, he's getting lazy. In his preparation, where he thinks he can do it all now, so doesn't put in the extra time. He's lazy at the LOS, getting out-foxed by defensive looks. He's getting lazy with his pre-snap and post-snap reads. He thinks he can just drop back and force passes to predesignated receivers of his choice.
Maybe it's because his o-line doesn't want to block for him anymore, he has no run game to back him up, and his receivers are sorry... And he played the best defense of the last 3 years

Maybe it's because his o-line doesn't want to block for him anymore, he has no run game to back him up, and his receivers are sorry... And he played the best defense of the last 3 years
He's ranked 32nd under pressure, and has ALWAYS sucked under pressure going back to his college days. He's fearful of what happened to his brother. In his rookie season he copped a heavy concussion and even said he wouldn't be averse to giving up football because his family is more important, having his mental faculties, being able to play with his son, etc. What a wuss. He's turning out to be very injury prone now. Broke a finger from a snap. Had ligament injury in his hand. Then got that broken ankle from an innocuous sack, and it wasn't many sacks later that he now copped a broken back from another sack. His mind is going to become even more scared now. Like brother David. He's definitely going to get happier feet in the pocket, starting heaving the ball lest he be contacted. It wouldn't surprise me if he announced his retirement soon...or when he gets the next injury.

Imo, trade both Carr and Cooper while they have some value. And then draft a QB who is tough in the pocket, drinks beer, dances with the ladies, and has a passion for a football life, not life after football taking precedence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watson = RGIII.

Anyone else remember RGIII's rookie year?

and then injuries like most running QB's and teams discovered how the scheme against them.
Yeah and Vinnie Young. RGIII never had any pocket presence to speak of. Young couldn't be stuffed studying. Watson better footwork, poise. But yeah only three games though, long way to go.
And yes they need to watch not killing him with the run, already too many draw plays

Imo, trade both Carr and Cooper while they have some value. And then draft a QB who is tough in the pocket, drinks beer, dances with the ladies, and has a passion for a football life, not life after football taking precedence.
I've got the guy for you

tim-tebow-football-player-artistic-photography-portrait-image-sexy-athlete-sports-hot-guy-man.jpg

Team mates are devoted to him, he doesn't avoid physical contact, has a passion for football and life, isn't afraid to kneel with his teammates, and most importantly, he wins playoff games.

I'm kinda hopeful with Manuel. He's robust of build too, so stands strong in the pocket. And has vastly improved since his rookie season. I think a whole week's practice as starter will have him look even better than what we saw in limited snaps vs Broncos.

So tho I think Ravens probably now win this game, it wouldn't surprise me if Raiders win thru Manuel's play.

Three games I'm keen to watch.

Vikings-Bears --- the Trubisky era begins! Reckon he'll go off big time.

Jets-Browns --- Only I, only here, predicted the Jets are on a 6 game winning streak, looking for that to reach half way mark of that prediction to show how much of a genius I am....BUT.....I don't care, would rather see the beleaguered Browns start a winning streak.

Seahawks-Rams --- of course, for Jared Goff Superstar.

And yes, I'm scared to watch the Ravens-Raiders.

Trubisky throws 3 picks, gets benched and Glennon throws two more.

Looking forward to seeing how the Detroit vs Carolina match up shapes up. I see we've signed Jairus Byrd to fill in while Kurt Coleman is out injured.
Coleman is out?

******* hell

arsehole Cam is back.

The reporter might know more about the scheme than Cam does.

Jameis might have a contender for dumbest thing said about women this season.

Back