2017 Trade & FA Targets - The Last Supper #Ameetos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its Waldron then he is saying different things on radio than he tells his son if it is his son. Also I thought Waldrons son followed the Tigers. Maybe wrong on that.

now i'm just confused.

i'm out.

thread has turned into Lost Season 4

I have no doubt the ONLY way pick 8 comes into play for tomlinson directly is if GWS can get a late 1st to throw back our way

8 for tomlinson and 17 type of thing

No way are we that stupid to give them 8 straight up

No, was sooking about Bulldogs backflipping.
Also confirmed Stringer hadnt nominated Essendon would like to go there but will field other offers.

Saints

7 for Stringer
8 for Tomlinson

Melt city.

PS. Taylor Walker sound like one dumb campaigner

playing devils advocate, how do we know it was wrong?

maybe acres camp was never informed of the offer. i imagine clubs make these preliminary type offers all the time to gauge any chance of it happening. if they shoot it down, it goes no further, but if there's interest maybe thats when they start bringing people in
logic is the first thing to say that it was wrong ... in what world do WCE turn down that offer ? and in what world does St Kilda rate Gaff that high?

secondly the club had just given a contract to Acres they had just gone through the terms and held discussions about roles and areas they want improvment from him in the off season he is firmly in the plans for next season you dont risk that by offering him up as a trade option - how stupid would our club have to be to burn a player like that when the ink is still wet on the contract.

sure senarios get tossed about especially before the trade preiod as clubs feel eachother out but to say an offer (not a scenario a physical offer) was put to WCE without a) Acres knowing about it b) any other media outlet knowing about it but we are expected to believe Waldy knew about it ... its hogswash and not ever well thought out hogswash

Great post from a campaigner on saintsational....we might need to look at trading up..?

Picks 7 & 8 since 2009
by outside66 » Tue 10 Oct 2017 2:02pm

I was a bit bored and decided to see which players from previous drafts went at pick 7 & 8. What my study indicated to me is that out of the 16 players featured, I would only consider 4 to be guns (Heppell, Wines, Haynes, and McDonald). It’s obviously premature to judge the class of ‘15/’16 but they certainly haven’t ‘burst’ onto the scene for their respective clubs. If history is consistent then we have a 25% chance of ‘nailing’ it!

I’m nervous but hopefully the crew have done their homework and paid a trip to the local prophet!

’09: Brad Shephard (7) and John Butcher (8)
’10: Josh Caddy and Dyson Heppell
’11: Nick Haynes and Billy Longer
’12: Ollie Wines and Sam Mayes
’13: James Aish and Luke McDonald
’14: Paul Ahern and Peter Wright
’15: Jacob Hopper and Callum Ah Chee
’16: Jack Scrimshaw and Griffin Logue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read through last 10 pages
hdch.gif

Great post from a campaigner on saintsational....we might need to look at trading up..?

Picks 7 & 8 since 2009
by outside66 » Tue 10 Oct 2017 2:02pm

I was a bit bored and decided to see which players from previous drafts went at pick 7 & 8. What my study indicated to me is that out of the 16 players featured, I would only consider 4 to be guns (Heppell, Wines, Haynes, and McDonald). It’s obviously premature to judge the class of ‘15/’16 but they certainly haven’t ‘burst’ onto the scene for their respective clubs. If history is consistent then we have a 25% chance of ‘nailing’ it!

I’m nervous but hopefully the crew have done their homework and paid a trip to the local prophet!

’09: Brad Shephard (7) and John Butcher (8)
’10: Josh Caddy and Dyson Heppell
’11: Nick Haynes and Billy Longer
’12: Ollie Wines and Sam Mayes
’13: James Aish and Luke McDonald
’14: Paul Ahern and Peter Wright
’15: Jacob Hopper and Callum Ah Chee
’16: Jack Scrimshaw and Griffin Logue
That's a pretty good strike rate across the two picks. I'd take atleast one player from each of those lines

But are all of them absolutely elite... nope

Expect some genius from Ameet here. Giants need big cap relief and that's our chance to do a deal.

Only way Tomlinson will get done is for next years 2nd round pick (we have no 2nd round this year).

7 and 8 off the table and going nowhere. Quote me on this if the deal gets done (caveat this with IF the deal gets done).

logic is the first thing to say that it was wrong ... in what world do WCE turn down that offer ? and in what world does St Kilda rate Gaff that high?

secondly the club had just given a contract to Acres they had just gone through the terms and held discussions about roles and areas they want improvment from him in the off season he is firmly in the plans for next season you dont risk that by offering him up as a trade option - how stupid would our club have to be to burn a player like that when the ink is still wet on the contract.

sure senarios get tossed about especially before the trade preiod as clubs feel eachother out but to say an offer (not a scenario a physical offer) was put to WCE without a) Acres knowing about it b) any other media outlet knowing about it but we are expected to believe Waldy knew about it ... its hogswash and not ever well thought out hogswash
Can't argue with that. You've sold me.

Expect some genius from Ameet here. Giants need big cap relief and that's our chance to do a deal.

Only way Tomlinson will get done is for next years 2nd round pick (we have no 2nd round this year).

7 and 8 off the table and going nowhere. Quote me on this if the deal gets done (caveat this with IF the deal gets done).
This seems to be the common feel from the ITKs.

I can see a player and future 2nd for Tomilson getting done. It definitely could be Hickey.

Cam is up to 13.5 beep test guys and continuing to improve. One pre-season he will be at over 14.
In my first year of uni I was incredibly fat, maybe 10-15kg overweight. For a wellbeing assignment I decided to focus on fitness. I went from an 8.4 beep test and by the end of it I did a 10.4 - not that far off 11. And I was still very overweight and unfit. 11 is a serious concern, but let's say how he does in the yo-yo test and 3km at combine. If it's done does anyone know the results?

But if he's improved from the first reported 11 and has progressed to a 13.5 then that's a good growth. Still low but scope for improvement obviously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back