Tom Rockliff

Remove this Banner Ad

He's 0-5 at AO so here's hoping he reverses that formline asap.

Also played in front of an average home crowd of 17k the last few years having played in 4 home games sub 15k attendance this year alone. Hopefully a big sat night at AO to start the season.

5aa interview - Reasons for coming to Port
* security family 4 year deal
* really good family club
* well situated to play finals
* home games at Port Adelaide Oval - no more passionate supporters - been on the end of it. Can't wait to be on the other end of it.

Edit From 1:20 in the interview
"I think anytime you play at Port Adelaide Oval and, playing in Brisbane for so many years, you're sort of out of the AFL spotlight a little bit, so to get over there and play home games at Adelaide Oval in front of 50,000, there's no more passionate supporters than Port Adelaide supporters, ahm I've been on the other end of it, so I can't wait to be on this side of it over there."

Last edited:
5aa interview - Reasons for coming to Port
* security family 4 year deal
* really good family club
* well situated to play finals
* home games at Port Adelaide Oval - no more passionate supporters - been on the end of it. Can't wait to be on the other end of it.
Port Adelaide Oval haha. Reminds me of when the AFL website on the match reports constantly put that name next to the attendance.

Huge get. Thrilled to have Tom on board. He'll make a massive difference in our engine room. Can't help but feel that Brisbane got royally screwed over. Melbourne managed band 1 (pick 3) for Frawley but Brisbane get band 2 (pick 18) for Rockliff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge get. Thrilled to have Tom on board. He'll make a massive difference in our engine room. Can't help but feel that Brisbane got royally screwed over. Melbourne managed band 1 (pick 3) for Frawley but Brisbane get band 2 (pick 18) for Rockliff.
Reckon it would have been borderline band 1 and band 2. Frawley was about 2 years younger which would have pushed his compo up.

Plus the reason the AFL don't release the compo formula is so they can tinker with it on a case by case basis. They probably didn't want the uproar of Brisbane landing two top 10 picks and bringing back the whole compromised draft argument. Either way, Brisbane are probably reasonably happy. They still need at least 2 more years of development with their current squad until they are a genuine top 8 contender and probably 4 away from top 4 so Rockliff was never going to carry them to a premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back