2017 Trade & FA Targets - The Last Supper #Ameetos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Lever so in front for sure. Actually a few around our position are in front especially Essendon and Port so the chances of passing them on the ladder are low. It seems our rebuild or should I say march up the ladder stalls for one year. Hopefully the players we get at 7 and 8 are very good players, not straight away, otherwise the march up the ladder really does stall. Huge pressure on taking the right players. We need to get this right.

My quote was more about their lack of class. They are beasts around the ball and Lever is a huge in.

Also, our march up the ladder stalled this year, reckon we will make the 8 next year, even if we take picks 7 and 8 to the draft.

We don't need those types but it would have been nice for a player to at least mention our club. Whatever way we look at it the trade period so far is a losing period. I say that guessing that the club didn't trade with the hawks just to get a kid but so be it. No point in getting upset. just disappointed a little.

At the same time how many clubs have actually gotten players in so far? Only a handful of trades done. Not like the club hasnt tried.
Who knows what the next 2 days brings. Could be nothing or there could be movement.
Would like to look at Collins as a DFA. Perhaps more to give than Talia.
Will just have to wait and see.

I'd be livid if I was a Melbourne fan. Trading out of the 1st round for 2 years to get Lever, then letting Watts go for pick 31 in what is supposedly a shallow draft. After he's finally come good the last 2 years. What in the wide world of sports, Melbourne?!

Watts didn't come good this year and apparently had a poor attitude with his training. Hard decision but I'm the opposite, if I was a Melbourne fan I would love the hard decisions. As for trading, well if you really want someone you just get him. They obviously really wanted Lever. I like that idea and have mentioned it numerous times on here. You don't always have to win the trade at trade time.

Watts didn't come good this year and apparently had a poor attitude with his training. Hard decision but I'm the opposite, if I was a Melbourne fan I would love the hard decisions. As for trading, well if you really want someone you just get him. They obviously really wanted Lever. I like that idea and have mentioned it numerous times on here. You don't always have to win the trade at trade time.

First half of the year he was.

At the same time how many clubs have actually gotten players in so far? Only a handful of trades done. Not like the club hasnt tried.
Who knows what the next 2 days brings. Could be nothing or there could be movement.
Would like to look at Collins as a DFA. Perhaps more to give than Talia.
Will just have to wait and see.

I haven't bagged the club. I'm just disappointed but I certainly not going to say well done by the club. If we get Collins or talia or Browns brother it doesn't changed my disappointment. I was hoping we were past depth players.

And I agree bugger all clubs have done much but some clubs near us have and that cant be a good thing if we want to finish ahead of them next season.

7&8 are going to need to be very good players

If you look at the names available then I think there is a good chance that you'll be happy....especially if one of Cerra or Dow somehow manages to get to pick 7.

I think pick up two good players that meet our needs and then go hard at Gaff and Sloane next year as the cherries on top. Throw big cash at both as we have enough room in the cap to do so and then we would be seriously challenging in 2019 I reckon....

- Pick 8 for Smith, 26 and 2018 3rd rounder

- Pick 7 for Stringer and 2018 2nd

- Armo + Weller to GC for Saad

- Lonie to GWS for 2018 2nd

- 2 x 2018 2nd (StK and GWS - Keep WB pick) for Watts + 2018 3rd

- Sign Rockliff via FA

- Sign Motlop via FA

- Sign Talia via FA

Draft Liam Ryan at 26 then McCartin Jr in the 3rd round. Upgrade Marshall.

Out - Roo, Dempster, Joey, Armo, Weller, Lonie, Pierce, Holmes, Wright, Minch.

Rookie list Pierce and/or Holmes, payout the others. Draft 7ft BBall player as rookie ruck.

In - Smith, Stringer, Saad, Watts, Rockliff, Motlop, Talia, McCartin Jr, Ryan and Marshall.

New numbers -

11 - Motlop - The new Joey
12 - Watts - The new Roo
13 - Ryan - The new Schneids
20 - Smith - The new Armo
24 - Saad - Inverse of GCS number
34 - McCartin Jr - Close to his bro
38 - Rockliff - Same number at Lions
41 - Talia - The new Tim Pekin
44 - Stringer - The new Milney

Draftees get 40's. Whatever is there after rookie draft with Pirece/Holmes situation.

Sack Richo and bring in Gary Ayres with Jimmy Bartel and Brett Ratten.

Move all home games to MCG.

Pull this off and we win at least 8 of the next 10 flags. WHY DIDN'T THE CLUB MAKE AN EFFORT!!!

Last edited:
We don't need those types but it would have been nice for a player to at least mention our club. Whatever way we look at it the trade period so far is a losing period. I say that guessing that the club didn't trade with the hawks just to get a kid but so be it. No point in getting upset. just disappointed a little.
Awww someone needs a hug.

I haven't bagged the club. I'm just disappointed but I certainly not going to say well done by the club. If we get Collins or talia or Browns brother it doesn't changed my disappointment. I was hoping we were past depth players.

And I agree bugger all clubs have done much but some clubs near us have and that cant be a good thing if we want to finish ahead of them next season.

Wasnt saying you were potting the club. Just stating a view that was all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Pick 8 for Smith, 26 and 2018 3rd rounder

- Pick 7 for Stringer and 2018 2nd

- Armo + Weller to GC for Saad

- Lonie to GWS for 2018 2nd

- 2 x 2018 2nd (StK and GWS - Keep WB pick) for Watts + 2018 3rd

- Sign Rockliff via FA

- Sign Motlop via FA

- Sign Talia via FA

Draft Liam Ryan at 26 then McCartin Jr in the 3rd round. Upgrade Marshall.

Out - Roo, Dempster, Joey, Armo, Weller, Lonie, Pierce, Holmes, Wright, Minch.

Rookie list Pierce and/or Holmes, payout the others. Draft 7ft BBall player as rookie ruck.

In - Smith, Stringer, Saad, Watts, Rockliff, Motlop, Talia, McCartin + 2 forward pockets.

Sack Richo and bring in Gary Ayres with Jimmy Bartel and Brett Ratten.

Move all home games to MCG.

Pull this off and we win at least 8 of the next 10 flags. WHY DIDN'T THE CLUB MAKE AN EFFORT!!!

Ripping melt

Paul Roos said they brought him back too early from injury. Started off well but couldn't recapture form after the injury.

I'll take his word over yours.

Did I do it right?

No because I'm right and he is wrong. Even if that is true where was his votes in the first half of the year?

Lol, Purple calls out the AFL over the pick 19... spirited little campaigner.

Basically accused them of being corrupt.

Could be a win win, get the AFL to at least hide their grubby underside and they might ban the gimp. GT had the AFL call SEN and tell them to drop him off the air or they would lose their licence to broadcast matches.

Talking of mafia like behaviour, Waldren said if the Dogs don't do what Paul Connors tells them he will deliberately * them in any future trades and that he has more power than the clubs.

Serious question - Do we rookie list Mitch McCarthy? He was tied to us in his draft year but Pies pounced and we drafted Marshall instead.

Still super raw but plays both ends and seems to have some ability.

If the draft is that shallow he would be worth a punt on the rookie list wouldnt he?

Could be a win win, get the AFL to at least hide their grubby underside and they might ban the gimp. GT had the AFL call SEN and tell them to drop him off the air or they would lose their licence to broadcast matches.

Talking of mafia like behaviour, Waldren said if the Dogs don't do what Paul Connors tells them he will deliberately **** them in any future trades and that he has more power than the clubs.

A lot of mayo on that. I heard Waldron today as well. Still not sure on the Gt stuff either. Heard both sides of that.

If you look at the names available then I think there is a good chance that you'll be happy....especially if one of Cerra or Dow somehow manages to get to pick 7.

I think pick up two good players that meet our needs and then go hard at Gaff and Sloane next year as the cherries on top. Throw big cash at both as we have enough room in the cap to do so and then we would be seriously challenging in 2019 I reckon....
The challenge is that we need to impress to sway those guys to join.

Playing finals seems more unlikely than likely at this stage being realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back