2017 US Senate Alabama Special Election - DEMOCRATIC WIN

Remove this Banner Ad

You always slip gay victimhood in when discussing Trump's America. Does it bother you that he was the first president in history to enter office with a pro-SSM viewpoint?

And then backs a candidate that openly wants gays thrown in jail. Yep Trump is a champion for gay rights :drunk:

The DNC only being able to eke out a win against a pedophile and a racist , even in Alabama, seem ridiculous, but it is a start. A year long nightmare from hell has made the party look ineffectual as ****, to a point where they're basically branding themselves just as 'Not Trump' (same incompetence that's been plaguing UK Labour too mind you). It's also basically how this race ended but the hope here is that there's enough staying power, especially between the young and minorities, that can save the DNC (and UK Labour) from themselves heading to next year's mid-terms.

Roll tide.

The Blairites lacked an alternative vision but since JC has taken the reigns, they have been showing a clear difference on policy (rather than just being Tory lite).

Basically most conservatives are ok with sexual harassment as long as the perpetrator is white. This isn't an isolated example.
and a conservative politician.

Eg, Trump supporters.

**** me Mofra. What a croc of. What about all you champions supporting Clinton? Her husband is a rapist and she condones it!
Whatabboutism is no excuse - this is the Alabama election thread with a losing Republican candidate who was endorsed by Trump.

Nobody here is championing Clinton. That is just a typical RWNJ mental gymnastic effort to try and mitigate sexual harassment by current serving or nominated politicians.

That is beneath you
It's a comment on the statistics posted above. The voting public have spoken, the numbers don't lie.

It's a comment on the statistics posted above. The voting public have spoken, the numbers don't lie.
Is it? - I have no positive opinion about the guy - but sane people - unless they are blind partisans - would appreciate that the circumstances are not so crystal.

I expect most people don't know anymore than me - the 4 or 5th time Moore has run for elected office and no such accusations have surfaced previously. The accusations pertain to events some 40 years ago. He denies them. One of his accusers has conceded to lying. That the accusations arise during the lead up to this election does not disqualify them - but it does allow people to doubt their veracity without being condemned as supporting a child molester.

Unless you are in possession of some kind of incontrovertible evidence - engaging in this vile condemnation of not only the accused but of 600,000 voters is despicable and contemptuous. You have joined the ranks of the lobotomised.

Is it? - I have no positive opinion about the guy - but sane people - unless they are blind partisans - would appreciate that the circumstances are not so crystal.

I expect most people don't know anymore than me - the 4 or 5th time Moore has run for elected office and no such accusations have surfaced previously. The accusations pertain to events some 40 years ago. He denies them. One of his accusers has conceded to lying. That the accusations arise during the lead up to this election does not disqualify them - but it does allow people to doubt their veracity without being condemned as supporting a child molester.

Unless you are in possession of some kind of incontrovertible evidence - engaging in this vile condemnation of not only the accused but of 600,000 voters is despicable and contemptuous.
I defer to the weight of evidence in such cases.
e.g. Trump is a pathological liar, demonstrated many times over, and has 16 accusers and is on record as supporting convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

Roy Moore: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore_sexual_misconduct_allegations

Again, weight of evidence - not just one single she said/he said allegation. With more than one signed item from more than one accuser. I am firmly against sexual assault given the almost impossible task someone who has been assault has in being believed, especially when there is such a substantial power imbalance between perpetrator and victim.

You have joined the ranks of the lobotomised.
Ad hominems say more about you than me.

I defer to the weight of evidence in such cases.
e.g. Trump is a pathological liar, demonstrated many times over, and has 16 accusers and is on record as supporting convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

Roy Moore: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore_sexual_misconduct_allegations

Again, weight of evidence - not just one single she said/he said allegation. With more than one signed item from more than one accuser. I am firmly against sexual assault given the almost impossible task someone who has been assault has in being believed, especially when there is such a substantial power imbalance between perpetrator and victim.

Ad hominems say more about you than me.
The assumption of innocence until proven otherwise is a key feature of any civilized judicial system.

The lynch mob witch hunt of Cowboy Moore doesn’t remove the stain of a historical culture of denial of sexual victims rights.

Rather, this is a reflex shallow response to the issue conducted during a heated political campaign with a range of unintended consequences.

If your response was remotely considered you would demand a general and sustained debate which included those 600 k voters.

Instead, you cheer jubilantly like a child who consumed too much raspberry cordial.

I expected this from the typical Nazi hunter but stupidly expected more from you.

The assumption of innocence until proven otherwise is a key feature of any civilized judicial system.

The lynch mob witch hunt of Cowboy Moore doesn’t remove the stain of a historical culture of denial of sexual victims rights.

Rather, this is a reflex shallow response to the issue conducted during a heated political campaign with a range of unintended consequences.

If your response was remotely considered you would demand a general and sustained debate which included those 600 k voters.

Instead, you cheer jubilantly like a child who consumed too much raspberry cordial.

I expected this from the typical Nazi hunter but stupidly expected more from you.
This is not a trial, this is a public vote upon which assessing the character and conduct of an elected official is of prime importance.

Multiple allegations, evidence, signed documents that show Moore has lied all point to the content of his character which is of significant importance to whether someone should be a representative of the people. The people who voted for him are tacitly endorsing that conduct.

If you want to throw around ad hominems on the basis that we should take a purely Machiavellian approach to democracy than fine, as I said your inability to counter with anything more substantial than:
Says far more about you than it does anyone else.

I expect high standards from public officials. The only conclusion I can draw from your counter point is you clearly don't.

[
This is not a trial, this is a public vote upon which assessing the character and conduct of an elected official is of prime importance.

Multiple allegations, evidence, signed documents that show Moore has lied all point to the content of his character which is of significant importance to whether someone should be a representative of the people. The people who voted for him are tacitly endorsing that conduct.

If you want to throw around ad hominems on the basis that we should take a purely Machiavellian approach to democracy than fine, as I said your inability to counter with anything more substantial than:

Says far more about you than it does anyone else.

I expect high standards from public officials. The only conclusion I can draw from your counter point is you clearly don't.

Our media is an insane mimic of fake hysteria once the realm of Wrestling Entertainment..
Can you not see the fever of insanity. We have seen a torrent of accusations over the last year.
Taken literally, our media would have us believe the world is full of would be neo-Nazi racists and sexual predators.

You literally condemned 600,000 Alabaman voters as supporters of Paedophilia. You didn't temper it by saying they must have doubted the accusations or that they simply believed Moore. No! you - and many like you - believe these 600,000 people are paedophile supporters.

That is how you are interpreting this. In a heated argument I can see someone stretching the point this far, but this is not in a heated argument - this is passed as cold analysis. Well, its not analysis, its blind emotional feverish partisanship.

[

Our media is an insane mimic of fake hysteria once the realm of Wrestling Entertainment..
Can you not see the fever of insanity. We have seen a torrent of accusations over the last year.
Taken literally, our media would have us believe the world is full of would be neo-Nazi racists and sexual predators.

You literally condemned 600,000 Alabaman voters as supporters of Paedophilia. You didn't temper it by saying they must have doubted the accusations or that they simply believed Moore. No! you - and many like you - believe these 600,000 people are paedophile supporters.

That is how you are interpreting this. In a heated argument I can see someone stretching the point this far, but this is not in a heated argument - this is passed as cold analysis. Well, its not analysis, its blind emotional feverish partisanship.
You can interpret it however you want, given your personal attacks and emotion displayed in this thread I'd suggest purely 'cold analysis' is not exactly a two-way street in any case.

I condemn anyone who tacitly supports or turns a blind eye to sexual harassment or outright assault of minors up to and including anyone who has multiple allegations and has demonstrably lied, especially if that person wants to run for public office and is putting their name forward as a representative of a swathe of voting public.

That's cold analysis for you.
For the record I'll state is clearly again: I am vehemently opposed to sexual harassment and those who support it either by action or inaction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop being dumb
No body but nobody is supporting sexual harassment
Stating repeatedly that you are VEHEMENTLY opposed to sexual harassment is the emptiest of vacuous pronouncement.

Yeah like I’m vehemently opposed to mass murder - bully for me

What on earth makes you post such nonsense?
I am opposed to torture - did I tell you my opposition is vehement?

Yes I’m vehement

Stop being dumb
No body but nobody is supporting sexual harassment
Stating repeatedly that you are VEHEMENTLY opposed to sexual harassment is the emptiest of vacuous pronouncement.

Yeah like I’m vehemently opposed to mass murder - bully for me

What on earth makes you post such nonsense?
I am opposed to torture - did I tell you my opposition is vehement?

Yes I’m vehement
This unexpected election outcome has quite broken you, hasn't it?

Don’t speak logic to Mofra and friends.
We're not condoning rapists. You have to be found guilty before you can say rapist.
What everyone needs to understand is that the left and right need each other. We need to accept the results of democracy and not carry out or threaten violence against something we don't agree with.
Each side acts as a checks and balance against the extreme left and extreme right. We need each other so we don't go too far.

[

I'll agree that the good people of Alabama who voted for Moore can't be accused of supporting paedophilia, as Moore should be afforded the presumption of innocence.........they cannot be excused from voting for a homophobic, racist, misogynistic, theocratic POS like Moore however........the evidence is overwhelming on those fronts.

I'll agree that the good people of Alabama who voted for Moore can't be accused of supporting paedophilia, as Moore should be afforded the presumption of innocence.........they cannot be excused from voting for a homophobic, racist, misogynistic, theocratic POS like Moore however........the evidence is overwhelming on those fronts.
Whilst, he is obviously a theocratic nutter - I don't know enough to say much about the other 3 items pertaining to Moor, except to say its become insanely fashionable to reflexively vilify anyone not on the progressive wagon with these names. Nazi-hunting is fast becoming the hobby of choice.

Whilst, he is obviously a theocratic nutter - I don't know enough to say much about the other 3 items pertaining to Moor, except to say its become insanely fashionable to reflexively vilify anyone not on the progressive wagon with these names. Nazi-hunting is fast becoming the hobby of choice.

Openly calling for homosexuality to be made illegal, support for confederate organisations, wishing to get rid of the 13th amendment, support for racist birther movement, against abortion and planned parenthood.

Not everything is a lefty conspiracy. Some people are genuinely repugnant people. Roy Moore is one of those people.

Openly calling for homosexuality to be made illegal, support for confederate organisations, wishing to get rid of the 13th amendment, support for racist birther movement, against abortion and planned parenthood.

Not everything is a lefty conspiracy. Some people are genuinely repugnant people. Roy Moore is one of those people.

Whilst, I don't agree with any of those positions, nor do I have any issue with you or anyone condemning him for expressing beliefs which are dumb, regressive and deeply offensive. It makes it all the more unnecessary to exaggerate 40 year old allegations and accept them as beyond doubt and to further vilify 600,000 voters as supporters of pedophilia - that too is repugnant.

Whilst, I don't agree with any of those positions, nor do I have any issue with you or anyone condemning him for expressing beliefs which are dumb, regressive and deeply offensive. It makes it all the more unnecessary to exaggerate 40 year old allegations and accept them as beyond doubt and to further vilify 600,000 voters as supporters of pedophilia - that too is repugnant.

No it isn't, the evidence is strong enough that you'd avoid voting for such a man, unless you didn't think it was such a big deal.

No it isn't, the evidence is strong enough that you'd avoid voting for such a man, unless you didn't think it was such a big deal.

The vote certainly reflects on the morals of that conservative tranche. It also reflects on their levels of education, but not entirely.

I agree, if they had not voted at all, that would have upheld their voting intention of not supporting the democrats. It would have been a strong statement in itself. But a vote for that odious scum bag was a clear statement of support for him & his actions. You cannot interpret it any other way.

They've opened themselves for accusations of supporting whatever Moore has done. Its a vote for his morals, his position, him as a person to represent their view of the world. Simple as that.

Over my voting life I've chosen not to support ALP or Green because of some individuals I haven't liked. I've also supported Libs & independents who I have liked. Party policies is one thing. Looking at the individual candidate is also part of the deal IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back