Pies land big fish, missing flag puzzle piece fits

Remove this Banner Ad

I think many are expecting that.

Here's hoping that GC finish bottom 2 and we finish in the 8 thereby tempting them to take the top 3 pick as compo ( in an outstanding draft) rather then force a trade for pick 10-12 and a future 1st. It's my greedy hope.

Last edited:
Here's hoping that GC finish bottom 2 and we finish in the 8 thereby tempting them to take the top 3 pick as compo ( in an outstanding draft) rather then force a trade for pick 10-12 and a future 1st. It's my greedy hope.

Me too. I think it's also entirely possible. I'm hopeful we're on an upward trajectory starting this year. This pre-season has a good feel to it.

I'd wager this is in the Treloar basket.

Deal is already "done". Just needs to be formalised behind the scenes, dot the Is and cross the Ts

Although I was told by someone close to their family that IF he leaves Gold Coast he will come to Collingwood but it's going to depend a lot on how Gold Coast do next year.
Judd was a done deal to Collingwood. Franklin was a done deal to..

I just hope Lynch doesn't suffer a serious injury or has a poor year.

If either occurs then the reported price tag would appear overs and be a risk.

For 1.2 million I want a 2.5 to 3 goals a game key forward from 2019 onwards.

I would love to get Lynch, but if we don't get him and we haven't got a back up plan.....

The back up plan is already in place, Cox is going to be used in the forward line as the deep forward, and we've seen Moore can play but needs to get more games.

Don't worry about the back up... it's good to be aiming for the stars.

GC will match any offer.
He aint coming for free

Think pick 2 as compensation
Paired with pick 1 for being poo
Will be hard to pass up
Sure we can bundle a few of these guys to get a few picks or trade direct say 2 guys for a second
Langdon, de goey, aish, broom head, smith , Thomas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
The dream scenario is we convince Lynch he wants to 100% join us and no one else, Tell GC we will only take him as a RFA and will refuse to trade for him... GC finish bottom of the ladder, get a top 4 pick as Compo and we only pay salary cap.

If we have to pay two 1st rounders plus salary its a super risky trade.

Judd was a done deal to Collingwood. Franklin was a done deal to..

As I said earlier, should he leave Gold Coast, he is all but 99% coming to Collingwood.

The only doubt lingers about whether he will in fact leave the Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back