The Pies and the Flag........The Flag Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

I think winning the flag this year it totally a possibility. How likely is obviously up for debate.

I tipped us to make finals the second we appointed Fly but being Top 4 is beyond even my high expectations.

I think the next 3 weeks will give us a much clearer picture of what our chances of going all the way look like.

You did better than me. I had us 10th at best.

BELIEVE#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve said it elsewhere: we’ll need Cox to have a Buddy, circa 2008 finals type campaign. It’s not likely, but funnily enough, Mason has shown it's possible. I think he’s been building too.
We have two players with an x factor capacity: Cox & JDG. Add to that Sidey, Pendles, Jamie, moore, all players with a proven ability to dominate games if even only for periods. Crisp, our last b&f well below par. Finally the two Daics who have yet to p lay their best footy for us.

On paper we are still a developing team but surely this list scares the opposition with so many that can surprise. I really hate to say this but we look to have a talented side. Sad truth though, can't see Cox there unless he pulls out a blinder this Friday.

you say that you have belief.....try reading your first two sentences again. I've liked the year too. I'll accept a loss in the finals with a shrug.
Nothing inconsistent there. It's indisputable that Collingwood's GF record is terrible and that we find ways to lose the unlosable. That doesn't diminish my belief that the next GF is close and that I'll be there screaming, hoping and probably crying with every other Collingwood person.

I’ve said it elsewhere: we’ll need Cox to have a Buddy, circa 2008 finals type campaign. It’s not likely, but funnily enough, Mason has shown it's possible. I think he’s been building too.

I don’t think we’ll make top 4, nor a prelim. But the only missing piece imho is Grundy.

Then one player turning it on for one game could see us winning a final. Most likely: DeGoey, Elliot, Moore, Grundy (if fit). Those are who we put our hope in.

That's what we do. No matter the score in Grand Finals, Collingwood conjure's new ways to lose. As a supporter of over 60 years, I've endured it all; the slings and arrows and the the barbs from opposition supporters and it has taken its toll. Collingwood has shaped me in so many ways, but it has given me resilience and an almost inextinguishable belief.

No matter what happens from here, this year has restored pride. It's a season that has come from nowhere and has been a hell of a ride. Let's embrace it and love it as only we can.

There's good argument we are the most steely resolved fan base on the whole planet. After the amount of heart break most of us have experienced it's a wonder we're still the highest profile sporting club in the country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

domus likes this post, so do I actually.

Would be just the cherry on top if big Mase rips the GF apart like he did in 18 (and the PF).

I'd flood the main board with all sorts of Mase paraphernalia just for the oppo fans.

If you go by Twomey's phantom we'll be picking from Barnett or Weddle, gone are the dreams of a top 10 pick, a Cadman or a Jefferson, the streak just kept going and we can't even look at early to mid teens now. Barnett at 203cm would be the go if Grundy leaves but I reckon they chase the Charger Weddle for need (192cm intercepting defender) none of Kelly McMahon or Dean for varying reasons have come good yet and we've already lost Roughead and Keane

The lid is well and truly off!!! The Pies have no reason to fear any side. We play a brand of football that will stand up in finals. Bring it on.

Well, I just think that this is a new Collingwood. The Colliwobbles never really left us. But this team, this new found inner belief, it all seems so very different to anything in the past. I've been a supporter for over 60 years, but it has never felt like this.

Spot on, in my 40 years, I have never been so invested as I am under this regime.

No outspoken president, a calm and likeable coach and more than that a great group of players who are all in.

It would be an amazing thing to go all the way for sure, I am already fulfilled with the last 11 wins in a row.
What a club, what a ride, go pies!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Superstition aside. I'm predicting a Pies v Geelong GF.

Imagine if it’s the two teams who have won 15 games on the trot squaring up in the GF.

I’d say it’d be epic, but I’ve already used that word a few times this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back