Rumour Tom Lynch plans on re-signing with Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I've heard around the Gold Coast footy traps that captain Tom Lynch plans on re-signing long-term with the Suns this year. His girlfriend just relocated back to the Gold Coast from Melbourne and they plan on settling down and having a family in the next few years.

I've heard around the Gold Coast footy traps that captain Tom Lynch plans on re-signing long-term with the Suns this year. His girlfriend just relocated back to the Gold Coast from Melbourne and they plan on settling down and having a family in the next few years.

Nah north are into him in a big way

BUT BUT the Pies are building the next ten years around this bloke....has anyone told Big Ed???????
Lol, we have been told the Pies have held off chasing KPP, saving for Lynch... so it would be funny.

Would be great for GC that their best player remains, given their retention issues.

No gary and a number of other players leaving means they should be able to afford to throw the kitchen sink and then some at him
No doubt would be the highest paid player if he remains at the Gold Coast.... as they could offering him a better deal than Buddy's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Captain of an AFL club, who's out of contract at the end of this year, clearly with a very lucrative offer on the table from GC... having his girlfriend move to Qld so they can start a Family... the AFL refusing to offer him an ambassador role (proly around an extra 300k a year) until he signs with the GC...

Aaaaand everyone in the GC footy circles has heard he's signing with the GC why hasn't he signed yet?

Seems pretty risky with so much at stake?

(p.s. "footy circles" is a very reliable source I'm sure!)

Much easier for him to stay.

He can get paid as much or more at GC and not have the media scrutiny he would have at a Melbourne club.
It's a good point and Tom is a bit of an introvert so that's a factor. Could you imagine the amount of pressure on you week-to-week if you were playing for Collingwood on a $1.5-2 million a year deal?
As a Captain of an AFL club, who's out of contract at the end of this year, clearly with a very lucrative offer on the table from GC... having his girlfriend move to Qld so they can start a Family... the AFL refusing to offer him an ambassador role (proly around an extra 300k a year) until he signs with the GC...

Aaaaand everyone in the GC footy circles has heard he's signing with the GC why hasn't he signed yet?

Seems pretty risky with so much at stake?

(p.s. "footy circles" is a very reliable source I'm sure!)
I'm just relaying what I heard.

As for not already signing, with the way the system works now with free agency you barely see any big name players re-signing before mid-season and it's because the player managers are still trying to extract the best deal they possibly can. It's just how it works these days and isn't necessarily an indication that the player wants to leave.

Hope so.
The carry on from Blues and Pies fans will become unbearable.
I notice he grew up down the Mornington Peninsula which means the Saints would be keen but it also means he probably likes the beach.
He was actually very ordinary last season. Needs to pick it up.

Hope so.
I notice he grew up down the Mornington Peninsula which means the Saints would be keen but it also means he probably likes the beach.

Saints can pay overs for Sloane this year as can the Woods for Lynch .
CFC can cool their jets until the next year where we may well return to a happy hunting ground to strike again ...

Hope so.

There won't be any 'carry-on' from Blues fans.
It's mids we need more than forwards, as unlikely as that may be seen to be the case, from the outside.

Carlton have though kept a high interest in Lynch as they should do, as things can always change.

Carlton would probably prefer Lynch stays at Gold Coast, as he’s certain to generate Band 1 compensation that could push our first rounder out one place, meaning we miss out on a Rankine, Lukoscious, King, Hill...etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back