Movie Black Panther - From rumour to reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

So saw it today. I enjoyed it, thought IMHO not up there with the top marvel movies which are again IMHO civil war, avengers, ant man, one of the iron mans etc. For abbreivation purposes, Black Panther or King T'Challa will be referred to as BP.

Trailers shown included Solo, and player one ready.

Themes:
Colonisation
Foreigners
Refugees - when the tribal council discussed allowing The Hobbits Martin Freeman to stay, or maybe it was earlier and related to another character, one of them said refugees bring in their own problems
Us vs them
Technology/weapons for good or evil
Civil war

Pros:
The colour (not just black), costumes juxtaposed with the tribal colours. The ochre of the sand penetrating the grey cliffs, clear water....the crisp coolness of the white clean snow, and the bright LEDs of the city.
Cool technology, weapons
Differing tribes, how they dress and their weapons.
M'Baku stole the show
Dancing, movements during the challenges (shoulder shrugs)
Kinetic energy transfer of BPs suit.
Fight scenes between the traitors and BPs mates. The Just In Time arrival of MBaku was scripted and foreshadowed. But good never the less.

Cons:
With the chase scene in Korea, use of a Korean car would've been good instead of a japanese model. i.e. Kia.
I felt BPs accent was particularly strong in the beginning, but started to waver towards the end. In fact for mine the accents of all Africans was really strong at the start. OK, not a con per se, an observation
Someone told me that M B Jordan was good. Dunno, just felt the way he was speaking was somewhat OTT.

Miscellaneous
BP learned to love again.

It was a good movie, no huge complaints with it. Don’t think it’s the greatest marvel movie ever made as I’ve seen some people suggest online.

Good fun movie though.
Yeah, solid movie without being great. The CGI seemed off for me, the jokes early on fell flat, but the performances were good, the villain's motivation was excellent.

So saw it today. I enjoyed it, thought IMHO not up there with the top marvel movies which are again IMHO civil war, avengers, ant man, one of the iron mans etc. For abbreivation purposes, Black Panther or King T'Challa will be referred to as BP.

Trailers shown included Solo, and player one ready.

Themes:
Colonisation
Foreigners
Refugees - when the tribal council discussed allowing The Hobbits Martin Freeman to stay, or maybe it was earlier and related to another character, one of them said refugees bring in their own problems
Us vs them
Technology/weapons for good or evil
Civil war

Pros:
The colour (not just black), costumes juxtaposed with the tribal colours. The ochre of the sand penetrating the grey cliffs, clear water....the crisp coolness of the white clean snow, and the bright LEDs of the city.
Cool technology, weapons
Differing tribes, how they dress and their weapons.
M'Baku stole the show
Dancing, movements during the challenges (shoulder shrugs)
Kinetic energy transfer of BPs suit.
Fight scenes between the traitors and BPs mates. The Just In Time arrival of MBaku was scripted and foreshadowed. But good never the less.

Cons:
With the chase scene in Korea, use of a Korean car would've been good instead of a japanese model. i.e. Kia.
I felt BPs accent was particularly strong in the beginning, but started to waver towards the end. In fact for mine the accents of all Africans was really strong at the start. OK, not a con per se, an observation
Someone told me that M B Jordan was good. Dunno, just felt the way he was speaking was somewhat OTT.

Miscellaneous
BP learned to love again.

Agree with the thoughts on Jordan. Thought he was played really well until he showed up in wakanda and then he just seemed to push it too OTT and felt really out of place.

Agree with the thoughts on Jordan. Thought he was played really well until he showed up in wakanda and then he just seemed to push it too OTT and felt really out of place.
Thanks Hawks. It was almost parody like. For example the token black guy in the spoof movies that were popular in the 90s. The way he spoke to the Wakandians was all "yo! you got job ta do! That don't mean s**t". Wakandians be like "huh?"

Thanks Hawks. It was almost parody like. For example the token black guy in the spoof movies that were popular in the 90s. The way he spoke to the Wakandians was all "yo! you got job ta do! That don't mean s**t". Wakandians be like "huh?"
I though it was done that way to show the clear distinct difference between the two cultures, and to demonstrate where his anger was coming from .

He was from the mean streets of Oakland. Everybody else was from the Wakanda elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I though Buckley was frozen...must be a VR thing to wake him up ala Vanilla sky

They put him under until a cure could be found for his brainwashing. I think this just means it’s been found. He’s needed for Avengers.

U know what, after seeing the post credits stuff I actualy honestly forgot about the civil war post credits stuff.....bucky handed over to wakandians for brain washing. And then i didnt remember capt USA breaking his mates out of that underwater jail. Seriously.

Also, Anja, guess people refer to you as A Ness?

Would you assume with their sophisticated tech that they have access to TV and modern pop culture?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back