Song Contest Part X, Host: SM, Theme: Acts You Loved As a Kid, Noms Due: Sunday: 9:00pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Pink Floyd just get whored out in this contest? Don't get me wrong, they are one of my all time favourite bands, and Us & Them is one of my favourite songs by them, but surely they had songs more suitable for the theme.

****, you even could have been a campaigner and nominated Echoes.
Not been a whole lot of Floyd recently I can remember except Brain damage was nommed not too long ago.

Absolutely should have been included in this round along with the Beatles and the Doors but not Us and them.

New music and rediscovered gems are all well and good but classic tracks should be in every playlist as well if for nothing more than educational purposes.
A couple of posters actually said they were struggling for a nom!

My drug of choice listening to this playlist

giphy.gif

There is literally a shitload of psychedelia linked genres, Psych rock, folk, soul, trance, dub, neo.

They're all around the mark. You like the song, vote it, you don't, don't.

Here much less in between votes now due to all the bullshit, **** sake.

(nice melt)

Spot on.

I'm the 'campaigner' who nominated Us & Them.
It fits the rules of the theme, yet at least four separate posters have had a go. Sure there are more trippy songs from PF, but it's MY NOM, and it was accepted as per the rules. So suck it up.
Just like Elton says, if you like it, vote for it. If you don't, then don't. Simple.

I also wanted to nom Hey Jude last round (was just beaten to it), and had to endure posts of crap about that one.

Perhaps my song choices mean the SC is not for me.

Genre talks always turn into a pissing contest.

Calm down all and stop whinging about noms. It's ruining the song contest

I like the bullsh!t on Bay 13 and the SFA, but it's not fun here. It's just dull and deflating.

If it's usually this way then pardon my intrusion, I shall be on my way. Happy to fling sh!t at you and vice-versa on the other forums.
Best of luck to everyone.

Oh and if my admission automatically DQ's me from the contest, I understand. In fact, I encourage it. Cheers.

/meltover

Spot on.

It fits the rules of the theme, yet at least four separate posters have had a go. Sure there are more trippy songs from PF, but it's MY NOM, and it was accepted as per the rules. So suck it up.
Just like Elton says, if you like it, vote for it. If you don't, then don't. Simple.

I also wanted to nom Hey Jude last round (was just beaten to it), and had to endure posts of crap about that one.

This happens all the time. Don't take it personally.

Spot on.

I like the bullsh!t on Bay 13 and the SFA, but it's not fun here. It's just dull and deflating.

If it's usually this way then pardon my intrusion, I shall be on my way. Happy to fling sh!t at you and vice-versa on the other forums.

Oh and if my admission automatically DQ's me from the contest, I understand. In fact, I encourage it. Cheers.

/meltover

Yeah this is how I felt when I saw how low Hey Jude finished.

Cheers.

Did initially (human nature), but nobody knew it was my nom(s) so it can't be personal.

Just don't think my music tastes fits here.

Hang in there Raven

I like your music choices

Mine don't fit too well either so I pick and choose as I please

You can really only please yourself when it's all said and done anyway

Cheers.

Did initially (human nature), but nobody knew it was my nom(s) so it can't be personal.

Just don't think my music tastes fits here.

I thought that initially and then I won a round, so it can happen to anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not been a whole lot of Floyd recently I can remember except Brain damage was nommed not too long ago.

Absolutely should have been included in this round along with the Beatles and the Doors but not Us and them.

New music and rediscovered gems are all well and good but classic tracks should be in every playlist as well if for nothing more than educational purposes.
A couple of posters actually said they were struggling for a nom!
I do sort of agree, but what is the point of nominating something like Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds? EVERYONE knows it. If I wanted an education in the most pathetically obvious choices, I'd just refer to a Rolling Stone list. I don't mind seeing popular classic acts getting nominated if they aren't that obvious, expose me to something new, or remind me of a band or album that I need to check out.

Love is a good example of that. Pretty popular and that album is obviously rated as a classic, but at least it's not disgracefully obvious. Zombies are another one I wouldn't have minded seeing receive a nomination this round (although preferably not Time of the Season), and was a little surprised didn't.

I won on my second round and I thought, "This is piss easy". Since then I've only won two more rounds and am coming up to my 100th round. My music doesn't really fit this contest but meh. I'm really not in it to win it. I'm way too busy too host. I just enjoy listening to music I haven't heard before.

I do sort of agree, but what is the point of nominating something like Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds? EVERYONE knows it. If I wanted an education in the most pathetically obvious choices, I'd just refer to a Rolling Stone list. I don't mind seeing popular classic acts getting nominated if they aren't that obvious, expose me to something new, or remind me of a band or album that I need to check out.

Love is a good example of that. Pretty popular and that album is obviously rated as a classic, but at least it's not disgracefully obvious. Zombies are another one I wouldn't have minded seeing receive a nomination this round (although preferably not Time of the Season), and was a little surprised didn't.
There are people who think music ended in 2000 (or even earlier) and they are going to pick and stick what they know.

I won on my second round and I thought, "This is piss easy". Since then I've only won two more rounds and am coming up to my 100th round. My music doesn't really fit this contest but meh. I'm really not in it to win it. I'm way too busy too host. I just enjoy listening to music I haven't heard before.

Could not agree more

Spot on.

/meltover

One of my songs, I can't even remember which one, got roasted when I actually thought it was a pretty decent nom for the theme. I've suggested a couple of times that comments on the noms shouldn't be allowed until voting has finished but no one seems to want to take that on board. It would solve a lot of issues.

There are people who think music ended in 2000 (or even earlier) and they are going to pick and stick what they know.

There are just as many that think that music wasn't around before then.

Spot on.

Surprised people aren't as aggrieved at The Dandy Warhols nomination.

I don't think that's true at all.

I don't think it's true that there are some people here that think music ended in 2000 either, well not me anyway, I've nommed a heap of stuff from after 2000 despite people thinking I mostly just nom 80s and 90s stuff.

That being said my nom for this round is from the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back