The Official Bigfooty Week 25 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh that’s a rebound, but watch him completely stop playing D to chase it. Used to respect him but these last 2 games have just become a joke.

Yeah we dun goofed.

OKC And Houston were the only teams I didn’t want to face for as long as possible aaaand now they’re one and two. If we were playing the Pels first up and Warriors/Spurs second we definitely would’ve been a shot at the WCF. But if we do manage to get passed OKC (not confindent Westbrook loves making us his bitch) then there is zero chance we’re getting passed Houston.

Still, geed to be back after everyone had written us off with Hayward leaving
couldnt have said it better myself

Congrats TWolves for making the playoffs.

Last time they made the playoffs, LeBron was a rookie, Janet Jackson had a wardrobe malfunction at the Superbowl, Facebook was launched, Friends had it's last season and president Bush was re-elected.

And I was a lot younger!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we do end up with Portland after all... probably best case scenario for us.

First legitimate chance to win a playoff series since 2009 - if we do win I expect nufan to break Tinder from overuse.

Congrats to Wolves brethren, first Minny playoff team that will not feature Kevin Garnett. Commiserations mickelboy182 , the Nugs will go down in the annals alongside the 2014 Suns and 2008 Warriors as lottery teams in name only.

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/20...leonard-will-be-traded-to-the-boston-celtics/

Dude must be on crack. There is no way Boston could pay Irving, Hayward, Horford AND Kawhi.

I think a trade with Boston would have to be centred around Hayward AND Taytum/Brown. Kawhi is a top 3 player, when healthy, and even with the year off should have a trade value as a top 10 guy. (Alot depends on whats going on with his "injury" and whether those involved actually buy that he's hurt or think he'll suddenly be fit once he moves - sorry, slightly cynical)
He's also still young and has another 2 years on his contract - so there will be a lot of suitors after him... plus I think RC and Pop will be rightly pretty pissed off with how he's handled this whole season if he now demands a trade to a specific destination, and they won't do him any favours if they aren't getting fair value in return. (Opposed to say last year where Pop told LMA he would gladly trade him if they could get fair value).

I think a trade with Boston would have to be centred around Hayward AND Taytum/Brown. Kawhi is a top 3 player, when healthy, and even with the year off should have a trade value as a top 10 guy. (Alot depends on whats going on with his "injury" and whether those involved actually buy that he's hurt or think he'll suddenly be fit once he moves - sorry, slightly cynical)
He's also still young and has another 2 years on his contract - so there will be a lot of suitors after him... plus I think RC and Pop will be rightly pretty pissed off with how he's handled this whole season if he now demands a trade to a specific destination, and they won't do him any favours if they aren't getting fair value in return. (Opposed to say last year where Pop told LMA he would gladly trade him if they could get fair value).
Good luck with that incoming argument

If Kawhi pulls a Willis Reed and walks out for Game 1 I'm going to cry.

Haha - I probably will too.

But not a chance that happens. (At least not from the Spurs side - no way they would play games rather than actually prepare him/the team for the playoffs... even at this point if Kawhi suddenly decides he's "healthy" I wouldn't bet on Pop putting him back into the roster)

Good luck with that incoming argument

Yeah I know - doesn't change my view though.

I don't see the spurs accepting a shaq-to-miami-like return on a trade, especially given Shaq was 32 and on the slide, and Kawhi is still 26 and has still been improving.
(Again - just comes down to how seriously clubs take this "injury"... this is far from the usual 70-game injury - the spurs have considered him medically cleared, and they would expect other clubs to view it the same way)

Definitely the best match-up for you.

AD should at least get his first win in a playoff game :p

Well we can't all be signing Kevin Durant now, can we? :p

We actually play OKC and San Antonio alright as well, but I CBF looking into whether those match-ups were even possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back