• 9-12

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • 13-16

Votes: 88 55.3%
  • 17-18

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Brown and Robbie Tarrant are both All Australian quality bookends but don't get the recognition because of media negativity/group think.

Add that to an elite clearance player in Cunnington and that in itself is the core of a good side

The improvement of Goldstein helps as well. Takes pressure off your backs as he gives the mids first use and allows North to drive it forward more than they did when he was out of form.

Remind me of the tigers a few years ago with jack and Rance similar to brown and tarrent

Not in the way they play so much but the start of a great spine for the club to build around
A few inside bulls and some outside class in the next few drafts and trade period along with one of the big boys to take goldys mantle as number one ruck and they will be contesting on a regular basis again

The improvement of Goldstein helps as well. Takes pressure off your backs as he gives the mids first use and allows North to drive it forward more than they did when he was out of form.
Hmmm, Gawn absolutely bathed him last week and he’s had other poor games this season. I think we’ll start pumping games into Preuss very soon.

Ben Brown and Robbie Tarrant are both All Australian quality bookends but don't get the recognition because of media negativity/group think.

Add that to an elite clearance player in Cunnington and that in itself is the core of a good side
Agreed. Brown is a genuine superstar but just doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Tarrant is a walk up start to FB in any side and Cunnington is the heart and soul of the midfield.

Remind me of the tigers a few years ago with jack and Rance similar to brown and tarrent

Not in the way they play so much but the start of a great spine for the club to build around
A few inside bulls and some outside class in the next few drafts and trade period along with one of the big boys to take goldys mantle as number one ruck and they will be contesting on a regular basis again

Inside is fine with Cunnington and co. We need some true outside class, like top 5 in the league class. Hence chucking the farm at Josh Kelly. We will certainly go that way in the draft.

Simpkin is one who is developing nicely. He doesn't get a huge amount of it, but when he does, good things happen.

Agreed. Brown is a genuine superstar but just doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Tarrant is a walk up start to FB in any side and Cunnington is the heart and soul of the midfield.

If Cunners played for Essendon not only would he make them a far better team, but he'd be a media star - "The Warrior" etc.

If Cunners played for Essendon not only would he make them a far better team, but he'd be a media star - "The Warrior" etc.

He'd be their captain.

I can see so much more in North Melbourne than Carlton and St.Kilda.

I see consistency on field, a hunger for the contest, a list that doesn’t appear on paper but in person, shows up and isn’t afraid to fight for the ball.

Yeah the positive thing about North is that they don't lack grunt and hardness. They lack a bit of class and polish, but IMHO it's easier (and cheaper) to find a silky outside finisher if you need one, e.g. Billy Hartung for a packet of chips.

I'd rather that situation than having a bunch of "highly skilled" players who don't have the desire or hardness for the contest.

Yeah the positive thing about North is that they don't lack grunt and hardness. They lack a bit of class and polish, but IMHO it's easier (and cheaper) to find a silky outside finisher if you need one, e.g. Billy Hartung for a packet of chips.

I'd rather that situation than having a bunch of "highly skilled" players who don't have the desire or hardness for the contest.
* yes man, you get it. Easier to slot a skillful player in a good culture of hard workers

I was surprised when Scott said Waitte had his best footy ahead of him.
But he's played on the wing and played well and not been reported for silly things.
Still think he's one of the best marks on the lead when he gets off the ground and his arms straight

I have North winning 5-7 this year and another bottom 4 finish with a view to having a more developed list at the end of this year than last year and hitting the 2018 draft / trade period hard and winning more in 2019.

Lot of groupthink in the media about north in 2017 - in a year where I lost a lot of faith in footy media for differing reasons - and start of 2018.

We will cop some beltings this year but for folks to say we’re a bottom 4 for the next 10 years and Vickers Willis to be delisted says more about the person writing that stuff than the club itself.

Lot of stuff to fix up but hopefully the bones are there and we don’t blow our recruiting

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm 1/4 tipping North, finally got one right.
They should move to Hobart, they'd never lose a home game. Guaranteed finals every year.

Dude please. I think everyone acknowledges Brown is one of the truly elite key forwards going around at the moment.
North fans get bored if they don't have something to fight people about though. Everyone now recognises Benny Brown as elite and have done since the end of last year.

Ive been suprised by....the fact this thread came after a Kangaroos win in Hobart.

Do they ever lose down there?

Save it for when they win in Melbourne.

Tissues please.

Brown is well regarded as the best FF bar Kennedy.

Stop playing the victim.

Tissues please.

Brown is well regarded as the best FF bar Kennedy.

Stop playing the victim.
You probably didn't read the AA thread last year then, many rated Daniher ahead of him. Some even rated Walker ahead of him.

Can’t take anything from the cyclone game in round 1, good win against the saints (who could end up being bottom 4), expected result against the dees and good win against Carlton.
I think they have done what they should have to this point, but their wins have been done in impressive style. Too early to say they have improved significantly this year and the next block of 4 will shed some light on this.
Voted 13 - 16, but you would have to include them in the group of teams fighting for 7 to 14 in an even competition. Think they will fade a bit from here, but have liked what they have shown in their wins, would have to be encouraging for their supporters.

Back