Changes v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The passenger who destroyed sloan in the GF and kicked 3 snags himself?

Decent passenger imo

We will in all likelyhood bring broad in to free rance up

May well be our only change
Are you sure Dusty doesn't need a week off? All those Don't Argue's must be taking their toll on his forearm ...

Is it too late to change our coaching and game plan?
We are persisting with the high press which obviously doesn't suit Jetta or hibberd. The result is the ball gets out the back and there is no pressure on opposition mids delivering inside 50. This is exactly why we all feel a little bit sick at what we paid for lever. He's useless in a side that doesn't force a high bomb forward under pressure. He hasn't looked great but you can't blame him. The plan isn't working. We end up with 30 blokes inside our 50 and get opened up on the turnover. As much as I hate to say it, Goodwin is Chris Scott without a flag. Clarkson went in at qrt time and said this is why they're all over us. Change a, b and c. Goody went in at halftime and said nah keep pushing up and getting exposed and keep banging it inside 50 to fritsch and jeffy. Something will happen.
For once this footy club has the cattle. I think we just picked a s**t farmer

The passenger who destroyed sloan in the GF and kicked 3 snags himself?

Decent passenger imo

We will in all likelyhood bring broad in to free rance up

May well be our only change
And has gone on to kick 2 goals in the opening four rounds? He's not the first player to be ovverated from a fast start.

Is it too late to change our coaching and game plan?
We are persisting with the high press which obviously doesn't suit Jetta or hibberd. The result is the ball gets out the back and there is no pressure on opposition mids delivering inside 50. This is exactly why we all feel a little bit sick at what we paid for lever. He's useless in a side that doesn't force a high bomb forward under pressure. He hasn't looked great but you can't blame him. The plan isn't working. We end up with 30 blokes inside our 50 and get opened up on the turnover. As much as I hate to say it, Goodwin is Chris Scott without a flag. Clarkson went in at qrt time and said this is why they're all over us. Change a, b and c. Goody went in at halftime and said nah keep pushing up and getting exposed and keep banging it inside 50 to fritsch and jeffy. Something will happen.
For once this footy club has the cattle. I think we just picked a s**t farmer
They will tweak the game plan but they won't turf it unfortunately which is what is needed.

And has gone on to kick 2 goals in the opening four rounds? He's not the first player to be ovverated from a fast start.

Who are you talking about lol

He hasnt kicked a goal this year but also leads the best pressure team in the league in pressure rating

At selection we seem to have gotten carried away with role players as well as getting players in so other players can play a role (Lever).

Out: Bugg, Frost, Harmes, Melksham, Neal-Bullen & Wagner
In: Balic, Hannan, Hunt, J Smith, Tyson & Weideman
You genuinely think we drop 5 blokes and pedo doesn't come in?
Bugg may frustrate the hell out of us, but who else is having 9 shots on goal in 2 weeks? I'd rather bugg have 9 at 35 than Hannan have 4 at 50. Also how do you reckon rolling up with Lewis vince Oliver and jones will go with richmonds pressure? Oliver and jones have to play. Vince and Lewis shouldn't play.
Out vince Lewis Wagner harmes
In Tyson Hannan hunt pedo

You genuinely think we drop 5 blokes and pedo doesn't come in?
Bugg may frustrate the hell out of us, but who else is having 9 shots on goal in 2 weeks? I'd rather bugg have 9 at 35 than Hannan have 4 at 50. Also how do you reckon rolling up with Lewis vince Oliver and jones will go with richmonds pressure? Oliver and jones have to play. Vince and Lewis shouldn't play.
Out vince Lewis Wagner harmes
In Tyson Hannan hunt pedo
Edit; I get the irony of the Hannan reference but he's got to be better than harmes and if it's forecast to be even a teency weency but dewy, jeffy sits for balic

ANB shouldnt be dropped his workrate was better than any player on the ground he ran the furthest and was quickest average speed in attack and defense.

I don’t agree.

He fumbles and makes bad decisions.

There’s a lot to go out, if i’m being realistic it will be

Out: Brayshaw, Bugg
In: Tyson, Pedersen

If I’m picking:

Out: Harmes, Bugg, Melksham, Wagner, Lewis, Garlett

In: Pedersen, Tyson, Stretch, Hunt, Hannan, Balic

The first three go out because they’re not good enough to hold their spot. Wagner gets in the way down back, we need to start playing Hibberd there again. Lewis and Garlett go as pure omissions - two of the most gutless displays I’ve seen in a while. Garlett in particular took the piss.
Would save the Garlett for Balic change having cooled down, but would keep everything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Melksham and Bugg probably
In: Pedo and Tyson

Wagner is interesting. He has been playing well but I just don't think our midfield operates well with him there, considering Lever isn't going anywhere.

Lewis had 14 disposals, 6 clangers, 35% efficiency. VC's aren't often dropped though. He is doing my head in.

In: Weideman Hunt Hannan Tyson
Out: Oscar (only reason I drop him is to have frost on jack and lever has to play in the hole as the lose man, gotta stick with him), Harmes, Vince, Melksham (find some form and come back in)

Out: Melksham and Bugg probably
In: Pedo and Tyson

Wagner is interesting. He has been playing well but I just don't think our midfield operates well with him there, considering Lever isn't going anywhere.

Lewis had 14 disposals, 6 clangers, 35% efficiency. VC's aren't often dropped though. He is doing my head in.
even worse than that was his tackling and defensive efforts- was absolutely taking the piss.

I don’t agree.

He fumbles and makes bad decisions.
Maybe if he didnt have to run a KM further than any other player on the field (2KM further than any dee). If he didnt have a 1KMH average speed over any dee. have the most sprints for a dee (total and repeat). Maybe he should coast a lil more like the rest of the team so he doesnt fumble in wet conditions. He works bloody hard he is is my team every week everything will click for him he just needs less passengers

Maybe if he didnt have to run a KM further than any other player on the field (2KM further than any dee). If he didnt have a 1KMH average speed over any dee. have the most sprints for a dee (total and repeat). Maybe he should coast a lil more like the rest of the team so he doesnt fumble in wet conditions. He works bloody hard he is is my team every week everything will click for him he just needs less passengers

I think he's got a spot in the team.

But not when he's playing poorly, which he has all year - he's capable of some momentum killing turnovers.

I think he's got a spot in the team.

But not when he's playing poorly, which he has all year - he's capable of some momentum killing turnovers.
would be dropping atleast 6 players before him. he is our best 2 way runner if that stops then yes he should be dropped but only 1 player ran further than him this round and that was harris andrews who ran 20km thats a massive game ANB ran 17.2km in the wet.

if we were serious we'd drop Lewis and make a statement to the rest of the team. but i'm pretty sure we wont.
I hope we do. There is a bit of an illogical approach to team selection at the moment, and Lewis is one case. Players are picked for providing maximum effort and running hard at training as opposed to exposed afl ability. That’s great if you really want to make demands of the whole group, but you’ve got to be consistent 100% of the time. Lewis isn’t delivering physically, so he’s basically getting a free pass at the moment from Goodwin and co. because he has been a champ and won things with Hawthorn. This gives a really bad message to our young players, so it’s no wonder they go to water playing against Hawthorn when there’s a dozen “living legends who can do no wrong who have won things and stuff” playing in the same team. Goodwin should put his money where his mouth is, tell Lewis he isn’t delivering what the team needs him to in terms of running speed and pressure and drop him. Bring in someone who can do what’s required. Just hopefully not Corey Maynard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back