Preview Changes/Preview – Round 20 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, one passenger forward could unlock their ball movement chain and ruin our defensive structure. We concede 120 and blame May and Lever
Grand Final day: Melbourne vs Collingwood. James Jordon is sub. Game is close with no passengers. Goodwin decides not to risk ruining our structure by bringing him on. We win and Jordon becomes the first double premiership player to never play in a Grand Final.

Jonesy should have been *en sub in 2021 - imagine the moment when we subbed him on when we were 10 goals up against the Dogs. JJ was apparently "the future":$
Would have been a stupid mascot decision when we were trying to win our first flag in over half a century. Jones was cooked and would have had no impact in a tight game and wouldn't have been able to cover for us if we lost someone early. I'm no Jordon fan but it was the right call.

Besides I don't think Jones would have been very happy to miss the birth of his child only to sit on the bench all day.

My post was largely tongue in cheek but sadly JJ hasn't developed at all since 2021 - at least back then he used to make bulk tackles
Never should have changed his name from Jordan Jones.

Would have been a stupid mascot decision when we were trying to win our first flag in over half a century. Jones was cooked and would have had no impact in a tight game and wouldn't have been able to cover for us if we lost someone early. I'm no Jordon fan but it was the right call.

Besides I don't think Jones would have been very happy to miss the birth of his child only to sit on the bench all day.

Been calling for ruthless Goody to make a return for the past two years. Maybe he's back on track after dropping Grundy.

He won't be back on track if Tomo is dropped for Petty this week.
Reports saying Grundy isn't coming in this week. Hopefully means Petty forward.

Hope Grundy doesn't come in there's great odds on Gawn for 20+ disposals and with no Nank he's set for another big one

Hope Grundy doesn't come in there's great odds on Gawn for 20+ disposals and with no Nank he's set for another big one
Gawn will probably get monstered by some nobody from the VFL knowing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw some vision of training, (i believe in the injury report video this week) and appeared he was training in the backline. Doesn't mean everything, just something I noticed however.

Saw some vision of training, (i believe in the injury report video this week) and appeared he was training in the backline. Doesn't mean everything, just something I noticed however.
Hard to believe you claimed in the other thread that this vision meant absolutely everything. :embarrassedv1:

Hard to believe you claimed in the other thread that this vision meant absolutely everything. :embarrassedv1:

I NEVER SAID THAT AT ALLL!!!!!!!

Les: "that's what makes it so hard to believe 🥳"

This board is now self-sufficient - I don't even need to be here! 🤗

the lion king GIF by Walt Disney Records

It does have that smell about it. Goody doesn't want to be embarrassed about not playing Grundy, so can totally see him coming back in without much effort at Casey. He loves Petty too, so he'll likely replace Tommo, but I reckon we should be playing Petty forward. He'll provide more than Grundy and Brown. Has better hands than both and can crash a pack. Tommo might cost us in a big final is my only concern, but otherwise he's been pretty good when called upon. Arguably better than Petty.

I really feel for Tommo here. I think he has done better than ok and he should be played. That is based on form only.

Maybe they have had a chat to him about his role, back up only like Luke Dunstan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back