Preview Changes/Preview – Round 20 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon grundy misses again and petty forward off those changes.
I think they give Grundy one more week in the VFL.

If Grundy is reasonable then they bring him in against North, potentially as a forward who briefly spells Gawn rather than that 50/50 sharing ruck setup.

Who would make way? Either Petty after he stuffs his ribs for the 7th time, or spelling JvR if he has a quiet one against Richmond.

We know none of Grundy, Brown, Petty or JvR are likely to turn into some forward beast who kicks five a game. It’s got to be about what combination of talls creates the best overall structure.

They are running out of weeks to experiment so they will need to roll through the possibilities pretty quickly.

I think they find a way to play him vs North and Hawks, then make a decision.

Would be mad if JVR, Petty and Tomo all fire this week. No need to experiment if something works at this time of year. Stick with it.

I've got a feeling Tomo will be the one who gets ****ed if it happens. Hope he makes himself undroppable with a quality performance.

I think they find a way to play him vs North and Hawks, then make a decision.
Agree, if Grundy can’t be effective forward of centre (as opposed to be an effective forward) against those teams, what hope against finals quality teams?

Agree, if Grundy can’t be effective forward of centre (as opposed to be an effective forward) against those teams, what hope against finals quality teams?
That's my thought. Also I think they probably want to get the media off their back, and if things don't work out at least they can say they tried to make a go of it before parting ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the ITKs reckon Tommo flips off coaching staff before riding his Harley off over Casey Fields so might get dropped again

Chaplin: "Hey Tomo, where's my money?"
Tomo" "I dont have it bitch"
Chaplin: "What did you call me?"
Tomo : "BITCH!"
Chaplin: "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?"

Chaplin: "Hey Tomo, where's my money?"
Tomo" "I dont have it bitch"
Chaplin: "What did you call me?"
Tomo : "BITCH!"
Chaplin: "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?"

Helped Melk play better footy, give Tommo 7 years

If Petty does get the gig as a forward and holds his spot it opens up the potential for Grundy to be our sub for the finals which could actually be a nice x-factor to have.

How does Laurie go from being the carryover emergency last week to not in an extended squad at all this week? I'd be despondent if I was him

How does Laurie go from being the carryover emergency last week to not in an extended squad at all this week? I'd be despondent if I was him
Fair point. But with the timing of the games Melbourne will need another carry over emergency who won’t play.

That shouldn’t be Laurie two weeks in a row.

So if he’s very unlikely to play in the seniors, and you don’t want to sit him two weeks in a row, there’s not much point naming him as an emergency.

You’d hope all the players know where they stand regardless of being named as an emergency or not.

Fair point. But with the timing of the games Melbourne will need another carry over emergency who won’t play.

That shouldn’t be Laurie two weeks in a row.

So if he’s very unlikely to play in the seniors, and you don’t want to sit him two weeks in a row, there’s not much point naming him as an emergency.

You’d hope all the players know where they stand regardless of being named as an emergency or not.
You're absolutely right. Naming players for the sake of it isn;t on - it's not a participation sport, it's elite high level sport.

I agree with you 100%, but I also think it's likely that the ego of a highly touted young player who hasn't kicked on gets bruised by what could be perceived as a demotion ogf 4 places in the pecking order, regardless as to whether that's the reality.

Apparently the ITKs reckon Tommo flips off coaching staff before riding his Harley off over Casey Fields so might get dropped again
After taking apart Chaplin's car and reassembling it in his living room, it was feared that there would be no way back into the side for Tommo. But now that he's lead a cow up to the second floor of Goody's house it may just be the last straw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back