Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

CC was a rookie and played some very good games in his first season including his debut

Gooch in his second year and a 1st round draft pick

I like Gooch chances as a small pressure forward but predicting an upgrade on CC is highly premature

Also quite unlikely he'll ever truly be a true pressure forward.

Gooch has midfielder written all over him with his tools and game, and seeing the amount of midfield minutes we gave him against Gold Coast indicates we may look at a full time move there next season.

Last edited:
Charlie was very overrated IMO. Not to say he wasn't a handy player, but he failed more than he succeeded.

Did he? Seeing he ended up as one of the premier defensive forwards in the league.

The offence left a bit to be desired, but he was a big part of our forward line working which for a rookie pick is nothing to sneeze at.

Did he? Seeing he ended up as one of the premier defensive forwards in the league.

The offence left a bit to be desired, but he was a big part of our forward line working which for a rookie pick is nothing to sneeze at.
I think his issue, as it is with all defensive forwards, was consistency. His best games were superb though

I actually think he's started the year this year better than any during his time here.

I think his issue, as it is with all defensive forwards, was consistency. His best games were superb though

I actually think he's started the year this year better than any during his time here.
I don't think consistency is a fair metric to judge small forwards with, at least not when judging their offensive output.

The defence was consistent for the most part (though he had a few pick and choose moments late in the season when he had a foot out of the door), and offensively it would be near impossible to have consistency in his situation. He's dealing with Betts at his peak, as well as 2 other 50+ goal kickers in Jenkins/Walker and a wild card in McGovern/Otten. Still though he did average a goal a game which is a + on his side.

He definitely has, and it's good to see he's stepping up well with the added responsibility (I still have a real soft spot for Charles, and probably will until he lights up against us).

Not aware of such comments but how are you interpreting this? Flight risk if we win one?

Olgivile was asked last year on SEN (great interview with him if you can track it down) if he would move from the Crows and he said he would never leave until he can help get a flag to happen and then he would look towards finishing up (from memory). He's from Tasmanian and has a lot of links still back there with family. If he goes anywhere I suspect, it will be back home to Tassie.

Have watched Gooch since he first came over and I also watch CC from SANFL to AFL, when the Crows first rookie listed him.
Took a while for CC to get up to speed,
They played CC in his first ALF season and tried getting as many games into him as possible.

Drafted in the rookie draft in 2013 then played the following number of games in each season since getting drafted:
2014 - 7 (made debut in round 9 against Collingwood at AO)
2015 - 22
2016 - 20
2017 - 24
2018 - 6 (all games to date)

CC made an impact in his debut. His pace, pressure and ball carrying ability were someone the team was crying out for from the very start.

As the coach in Chariot's of Fire says "You can't put in what god's left out". I think all you want in those first couple games or so is just a spark of something that makes you nod, smile and think, "Yep, he's got it".

Then it's down to hard work, coaching, hard work, and more hard work.

Gooch to me looks like he has got the talent and the footballing nous to make it, and my gut tells me he's not one for shirking the hard work during the week to make it.

They played CC in his first ALF season and tried getting as many games into him as possible.

Drafted in the rookie draft in 2013 then played the following number of games in each season since getting drafted:
2014 - 7 (made debut in round 9 against Collingwood at AO)
2015 - 22
2016 - 20
2017 - 24
2018 - 6 (all games to date)

CC made an impact in his debut. His pace, pressure and ball carrying ability were someone the team was crying out for from the very start.
Yes I know also got all his stats and I will still say it took a while for him to get up to speed.
Did you know in his first 2 years he running on 6 effective disposals a game? He ran on 10 disposals with an efficiency of 57%.
Even his tackle count was average for what some think. His metre gained was around 200m 1% 1 per game.
But he did apply on-field pressure, what some call non staticals,

Looking at Both Gooch has more upside and in time will prove beyond a doubt he belongs. which is what my argument is about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I know also got all his stats and I will still say it took a while for him to get up to speed.
Did you know in his first 2 years he running on 6 effective disposals a game? He ran on 10 disposals with an efficiency of 57%.
Even his tackle count was average for what some think. His metre gained was around 200m 1% 1 per game.
But he did apply on-field pressure, what some call non staticals,

Looking at Both Gooch has more upside and in time will prove beyond a doubt he belongs. which is what my argument is about
Since you have all the stats. Care to share with us his pressure acts, tackles, tackles inside 50 and defensive rating?

His role in the team was very different to what you are attempting to run with.

Charlie’s upside is pretty high. He actually has star potential despite what you might believe. One of the best 2 way players in the competition.

Since you have all the stats. Care to share with us his pressure acts, tackles, tackles inside 50 and defensive rating?

Charlie’s upside is pretty high. He actually has star potential despite what you might believe. One of the best 2 way players in the competition.

In his first 2 years or last 2 years, Because you do realise they are chalk and cheese.
But no my argument was about Gallucci being an Improvement for the Crows.

In his first 2 years or last 2 years, Because you do realise they are chalk and cheese.
But no my argument was about Gallucci being an Improvement for the Crows.
You do realise CC was drafted as an over ager and having played WAFL including Finals for Swan Districts in his draft year?

As the coach in Chariot's of Fire says "You can't put in what god's left out". I think all you want in those first couple games or so is just a spark of something that makes you nod, smile and think, "Yep, he's got it".

Then it's down to hard work, coaching, hard work, and more hard work.

Gooch to me looks like he has got the talent and the footballing nous to make it, and my gut tells me he's not one for shirking the hard work during the week to make it.

He's quite the professional for a kid still. Very much the head down and work hard type. If he keeps putting in, then I think we will have a very handy player on our hands. Has a myriad of tools to work with and as he grows, will probably be able to be used across various positions which will also be handy.

Also quite unlikely he'll ever truly be a true pressure forward.

Gooch has midfielder written all over him with his tools and game, and seeing the amount of midfield minutes we gave him against Gold Coast indicates we may look at a full time move there next season.
I can't see it but we will wait and see

Outside mid minutes no prob . Pressure fwd / outside mid in my eyes

and talking of stats until Galluci kicks 6 in a prelim he's a little bit behind CC in terms of being an 'upgrade'

I still can't believe Ad Vic said that TBH

But I'm not concerned re the stats Ad Vic started that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back