Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see it but we will wait and see

Outside mid minutes no prob . Pressure fwd / outside mid in my eyes

In/Out is where he'll end up with the idea that he ideally he's the touch that takes the ball out of congestion (a receiver of sorts to feed off Mrouchs/2nd Inside work), but is competent when he has to go. Pretty much all of his tools really lend to that position seeing he's got explosive acceleration, good 20-40m kick, good vision in congestion, very good and aggressive defensive game.

He looked very good in this role when he played it against Gold Coast as well.

Both, as your comment about his last 2 years being different is just as dumb as your prior statements
CC last two year have been very good compared to his first two years.
AN yes I use stats as I have found that the Eye test becomes judgemental the longer a player plays so you look at both.

He's going to have to be pretty damn good then , like top few in comp for position

Cameron is continuing to improve at same time , he's now a genuine up and coming star if you've been watching

Do you remember CC first couple of games if not go an watch them,
Gallucci has shown he has the goods, and I believe he the better footballer than CC. Time will tell.

AN yes I use stats as I have found that the Eye test becomes judgemental the longer a player plays so you look at both.
Have you forgotten that Charles was 10th in our B&F in his first full year?

Looking forward to seeing your stats analysis focusing on role-specific stuff like pressure acts.

Nothing wrong with his being an outside mid. I'm always a ball hog fan (ie Mrouch) but the key I think with outside mids is pace, good kicking and the ability to think outside the box. Gooch's kick to Seeds in the last quarter against the Suns was the one thing that impressed me the most. Not only to have the vision for it, when most 3 gamers would be looking for goal or bomb to the top of the square, but also the boldness and the ability to execute it. It was a bit like seeing Milera (and CC esp) in his early days do the shimmy and try to sell candy, you want to see your kids go for it.

Have you forgotten that Charles was 10th in our B&F in his first full year?

Looking forward to seeing your stats analysis focusing on role-specific stuff like pressure acts.

He only played 7 games in his first year. He finished 10th in 2015

And no you want the stats to go the AFL site and Pay your money I am not getting into a slanging match. I have already said CC was a very good player, but
I believe Gallucci will be better for the Crows than CC based On watching both of them in the SANFL and AFL and using the stats to assist me in remembering.
You and a few others want to turn this into a Me against CC then I am not going to play your game.

Time will tell, if I am wrong I will say so.

He only played 7 games in his first year. He finished 10th in 2015

And no you want the stats to go the AFL site and Pay your money I am not getting into a slanging match. I have already said CC was a very good player, but
I believe Gallucci will be better for the Crows than CC based On watching both of them in the SANFL and AFL and using the stats to assist me in remembering.
You and a few others want to turn this into a Me against CC then I am not going to play your game.

Time will tell, if I am wrong I will say so.
I don’t think you have anything against Charles. I just think you are mistaken to judge his value on possessions.

I don’t think you have anything against Charles. I just think you are mistaken to judge his value on possessions.
I use stats and eye test go back thru the comments,
Charlie had a slow start, and improved, and most of his value was the non statical. which I mention,
But this issue started when I said Gallucci was an improvement on CC with his kicking. which he is.
And then said I believe Gallucci will be a better player.

When most compare players they look at recent performances and believe the player was that good his whole career sometimes stats give us a better perspective on just how good the player was in his early years.

and talking of stats until Galluci kicks 6 in a prelim he's a little bit behind CC in terms of being an 'upgrade'

I still can't believe Ad Vic said that TBH

But I'm not concerned re the stats Ad Vic started that
Gooch is going to kick 6 in the grand final instead. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks a genuine midfielder to me. Will be a big part of our midfield rotations once he gets games in his legs.

Can't see the big time mid we're talking about in Gallucci tbh. Yea run off a wing a bit, back of the square, the odd centre bounce... But I dont think he'll be at an opening bounce unless we have serious injury worries.

He is an outside mid/ small forward long term IMO.

Can't see the big time mid we're talking about in Gallucci tbh. Yea run off a wing a bit, back of the square, the odd centre bounce... But I dont think he'll be at an opening bounce unless we have serious injury worries.

I'm with ya brother.

I don’t think he is purely outside but he is far from an inside mid. He is more of a hybrid similar to Douglas. Douglas has improved his inside game a great deal since he was drafted. Gooch has that break away pace and athleticism that you want more on the outside. I think you are right in that he will play more on the outside, have him run in off the back of the square in those center bounces.

Pretty much similar role to what we had penciled in for Cameron in the long term except Charlie is more of a natural forward than Gallucci

Nothing wrong with that though

Stop looking at stats to rate charlie Cameron

Nothing to do with what he brings to a side

And yes he played 7 games in his first year , Galluci is in his socond year so just let Gooch play for a bit before making big calls

Reckon Gooch looks like he's going to apply not much less pressure and implied pressure as CC and combined with better ball winning ability, I won't be surprised if he becomes a more valuable player in the not too distant future.

Didnt Cameron come in as a rugby convert, having played very little footy before those first few years? Steep trajectory, coming from a ways back on the average draftee makes sense.

Didnt Cameron come in as a rugby convert, having played very little footy before those first few years? Steep trajectory, coming from a ways back on the average draftee makes sense.

Yes Funny how some are bringing up all the facts about the Player I mention a while ago,
CC is and will be a good player as long as his mind in the game,
Anyone going to bring up his kick selection, is he a play chaser or reader of the play. is it instinctive for him to see the best option, what his vision like when sprinting flat out.
End of the Day I believe Gallucci has more upside than CC, his instincts to me looked better, after watching both of them earlier on. (Both AFL and SANFL.)
CC is quicker by foot, But I believe Gallucci is quicker by mind. We saw a sample off that last week

I agree, personally think you need to use both, the eye can be unreliable because of personal biases but Stats miss stuff, hardness at the ball, positioning, reaction time under pressure, sacrificial acts for team mates etc. Both are unreliable on their own.

Reckon Gooch looks like he's going to apply not much less pressure and implied pressure as CC and combined with better ball winning ability, I won't be surprised if he becomes a more valuable player in the not too distant future.
I hope you're right , big key to success next 2 years . Losing CC in our 'window' makes me nervous

Yes Gallucci applies pressure but it’s not with the same physical force as Charles.

Catching up on the Carlton match last night, there were at least 3 occasions Gallucci closed down and tackled a Carlton placer, but they had no problem holding him off and hand balling to a teammate.

Charles would have pinned those lads to the ground quick smart. Any handball would have been rushed and may have missed the target.

Yes Gallucci applies pressure but it’s not with the same physical force as Charles.

Catching up on the Carlton match last night, there were at least 3 occasions Gallucci closed down and tackled a Carlton placer, but they had no problem holding him off and hand balling to a teammate.

Charles would have pinned those lads to the ground quick smart. Any handball would have been rushed and may have missed the target.
Not yet it isn't, but with ball in hand I have more confidence in Gooch to deliver it on a consistent basis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back