Prediction Changes for the Dogs - Reid, Daicos & Greenwood in for Wells, Fasolo & Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to see greenwood come in an tag McRae, he is one we need to stop.

Mcrae is certainly having a break-out year. Doubt Greenwood is ready to try and take on someone like him just yet.

Mcrae's actually the type of player Sier should aspire to become, similar size and share a few traits. With that in mind Sier chasing him around might very well be a good learning opportunity. Can we afford that sort of luxury? Can we afford not to?

You're robbing Peter to pay Paul. Whilst WHE is almost certain to outperform Mayne on the wing, Daicos is very likely to perform below WHE up forward. Not sure if this is a net gain.

That's why I said it was more of a plan than 100% committed to specific players. Agree I can't rely on Daicos on make the difference, but def. someone of his type.

Realistically the only change would be Crocker in for Fasolo. People are dreaming if they think Mayne will be dropped.

I don't think Maynard will be right for this week, but if he is he'll be in for Appleby.

I'm not sure if Reid will come back in, but there's not really a like for like swap besides Cox, but don't see Cox getting dropped.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Reid straight back in if fit. Bucks said he still prefers to have two talls in the forward line.

INS: Reid, Maynard, Greenwood
OUTS: Cox, Fasolo, Appleby

B - Langdon Dunn Sharenberg
HB - Maynard Howe Crisp
C - Phillips Pendlebury Sidebottom
HF - Wells DeGoey WHE
F - Varcoe Reid Stephenson
R - Grundy Adams Treloar
INT - Murray Thomas Greenwood Mayne

This might look odd but JDG could work as a CHF given the opp defence this week, he's got great hands, good goal sense I50 and given he's 191cm he's only an inch off KP size. Sure you could question his leading but given our delivery of late that's hard to judge - we're using chaos ball which suits the likes of Stephenson and WHE and occasionally DeGoey takes a contested grab.

Do you think he will be much worse then WHE up forward?

How good has WHE the forward really been? Not that great that it would leave a huge hole, in fact I think he could match his output given time.

Eventually you just have to have faith and back in the youth or risk treading water (or worse go backwards) with known mediocre/inconsistent types with little room for growth.

WHE had 16 disp 2 tackles and 2 goals. Im sure thy are a set of numbers that are realistic targets if Daicos was given 75% ToG. Allowing WHE tobe moved back to wing.
I think WHE goes missing too much up forward anyways so I wouldn't consider Daicos too much of a downgrade and unlike Mayne he has potential to develop into a good player.

WHE has kicked 15 goals (our no.1 goal kicker...) this season so is on track for a 30-40 goal season. I'm a Daicos fan but not sure you could expect that from him given he's kicked 1 goal in his two games ever...

Reid straight back in if fit. Bucks said he still prefers to have two talls in the forward line.

I prefer it too.

Mason Cox just doesn't lead at the ball. We still need someone leading up at the ball carrier. Reid is more suited to this. I think we'll struggle with one tall against more organized defences.

I'd rather back in our midfield and just be accountable for him
Macrae is playing out of his skin and the Pies will go a long way to winning the game by closing him down. Think they have to tag him, Mike, over the last month he would have 9 Brownlow votes. Hoping for a better performance from the Dogs this week, they can stretch the Pies, but Collingwood should be a little too good and win by about 17 points.

His height doesn’t matter he is a liability. If it was anyone else they would get dropped

Whilst I agree he's unco he does pose issues for the opp defence purely because of his height, he brings opp defenders with him just because of it. Funnily enough I've looked up afltables and he's taken 16 contested marks this year - which would seem unlikely given his seeming lack of dexterity. If he doesn't mark it then he brings it to ground and that suits us as we're a grunt team.

If he gives it to the opp through bad DE then you can argue he's a liability, like Mayne did at the start of the game and Adams does regularly- but he rarely does. If he can polish his skills then he could be a structural weapon, and I'd be thinking that's what the coaches are banking on. Until then he brings structured headaches for the opposition.

Will be an interesting injury review this week.

If Reid and Maynard are ready they'll come in.

But we've made a lot of changes in recent weeks, so I'm sure Bucks wants to settle it down a bit.

My early hypothesis will be Reid in for Fasolo. If Maynard is ready he'll probably come in for Appleby.

If neither are ready, I'll tip Sier or McLarty in for Fasolo.

Have to disagree scoo on the umpires
Felt they allowed the saints plenty and disadvantaged us

With mason Agree with his chest marking , think it would almost be the hardest skill to master for a bloke his size

However he competes extremely well and always presents

Wells first goal directly from him as an example and his presence disrupted their backline and kept nathan brown accountable all night

No wonder de goey had so much space and Thomas and stepho in prior weeks

I rekin he's been arm chopped on average twice each game , blocked illegally the same and held ,
Taylor last week Infringed many times with his airbourne body spoils with his fist 2 meters from the ball ffs

Imagine scoo If he got the free kick Marshall got from Dunn for holding mason would get 8 per game lol

IMO club needs to put a mix tape of masons illegal treatment and ask the question in a respectful way of course

Gotta stop using the umpiring as an excuse, we're better than that - we don't need umpiring to win games. That's loser excuse talk and is insulting to the team, not that they'd take any notice of a public forum comment anyway.

I will agree with you on Cox, as raw as he is he does pose issues for the opposition. If he improves it will be his motor skills i:e marking, kicking and handballing as well as his contested work. Sure he's not setting the world on fire but there's upside there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macrae is playing out of his skin and the Pies will go a long way to winning the game by closing him down. Think they have to tag him, Mike, over the last month he would have 9 Brownlow votes. Hoping for a better performance from the Dogs this week, they can stretch the Pies, but Collingwood should be a little too good and win by about 17 points.
I don't think we should let him run free and do his own thing but I don't think we should hard tag him either. Greenwood isn't the answer imo.

We have to play the same we played Cripps. He’s a clerance machine. He’s top 5 in the league. He’s basixslly a taller Tom Mitchell. We can’t let him run riot, because he will.

Gotta stop using the umpiring as an excuse, we're better than that - we don't need umpiring to win games. That's loser excuse talk and is insulting to the team, not that they'd take any notice of a public forum comment anyway.

I will agree with you on Cox, as raw as he is he does pose issues for the opposition. If he improves it will be his motor skills i:e marking, kicking and handballing as well as his contested work. Sure he's not setting the world on fire but there's upside there.
Cox's biggest issue is chest marks-he dropped about five on Saturday night. He holds his arms way too low and allows the pill to spill out. They really need to work on that.

He is a senior player (180 games), wouldn't compare him to the likes of Appleby or Murray. Nor would I compare him to Varcoe who is faster and applies more pressure to the ball carrier.

Agreed! This is what we recruited Mayne for in the first place! And while Varcoe can be inconsistent (like our whole team) he does offer a lot more when he's on.

Spot on Maggie

As much as I would love to see Sier come in, I don’t think it’s goig to happen this way. Who plays Faz’s forward role because if Sier comes in he shouldn’t be playing forward.
Sier in, Treloar forward like they used him earlier in the year.

WHE plays the wing better than Mayne plays the wing. Is 300% more likely to mark and play on and keep the transition pace. Granted he isn't as defensively minded but in balance his offence makes up for that. He's also a better kick and has more pace.

If you swap in Reid for Fas (touch woods) and Daicos for Mayne it allows Daicos to provide a little more pace in the forward line. I don't expect Daicos to set the world on fire, I just want him to follow Cox around and be dangerous when the ball hits the deck and be a link-up. I want WHE to be an option for the HB line to look for when we transition. I want Reid to be making great leads so the opposition is stretched in defence trying to cover both him and De Goey/Stephenson.

To my eyes this makes us a Top 8 side at the least. Not entirely built on the personnel, but a setup that allows us to be fast and unpredictable.
WHE isn't showing anything atm to suggest he's in better form than Mayne. He's playing with a bung shoulder.

Cox's biggest issue is chest marks-he dropped about five on Saturday night. He holds his arms way too low and allows the pill to spill out. They really need to work on that.

Totally correct, no disagreement from my view. However he's a structural headache for the opp and brings defender 2nd and 3rd up purely because of his height. And if he doesn't mark it more often than not he brings it to ground which suits us, look he's raw in a dexterity sense and should improve in this area and will need to improve his contested work also. Right now the club would obviously view that we don't have a ready replacement KPF.

As amateur as he looks on face value he's not often outmarked he usually brings it to ground and sometimes marks it.

Stevie Wonder could see there's already a thread up.
Stevie wonder was in a record shop once.
Bumpty bumpty bump....

The salesperson asks “Sir, can I help you?”

SW: No no, I’m just looking around.

Last edited:
Realistically the only change would be Crocker in for Fasolo. People are dreaming if they think Mayne will be dropped.

I don't think Maynard will be right for this week, but if he is he'll be in for Appleby.

I'm not sure if Reid will come back in, but there's not really a like for like swap besides Cox, but don't see Cox getting dropped.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think anyone that thinks Crocker should be an automatic in is away with the pixies !!!

Sent from my Warped mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back