Preview Round 10 - Geelong v Carlton, GMHBA, Saturday 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a great look if the MC is saying one thing an the HC is overriding them
its Benny with this too so whilst he clearly gets mail - its only a story at this point.

Not the first Iron fist CS decision ive heard of either.

Still, he is the HC and when he bangs the table its on him how it goes. WE shall see.

Go Catters

ps - dont think id use my bang the table moment on Stanley but hey.... to each their own. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Nickoo.

Yes, it is. Djilang is the Aboriginal word for Geelong of the Wathaurong people, or Wadda Wurrung language they say 'kim barne barre Wadda Wurrung'- (this is the land of the Wadda Warrung.

Djilang has a meaning similar to “a place of the sea bird over the white cliffs”.
'Kardinia' meaning 'Sunrise' in the Aboriginal language.
Both have beautiful meanings.

Geelong Cats runs a programme - Djilang Programme, where local Aboriginal children explore + celebrate their culture through art.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ful-success-&usg=AOvVaw2l8ei65rZtz3BrzLm3p_IM

I really loved the symbolism in the Geelong guernsey for Djilang Round.

Also, Jamaine Jones playing, well debuting this round has great meaning, when you consider he was given away for adoption, spent four years in a Mildura group home + was adopted by a loving family. Now playing for Geelong, it's a story of success from adversity. Too many Aborigines live in dreadful circumstances, unable to break the cycle of despair. Jamaine's story is inspiring + I just wish him the greatest happiness in life.

Thanks Kitty absolute major contribution.

Reading about JJ was heavy but such a joy to read. We did emergency foster care for 5 years. I still catch up regularly to help advise where wanted.

God I hope he goes well.

Thanks Kitty; great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IF HT is out, structurally it's probably not the worse thing to be going back to two tall defenders in Blicavs & Stewart, with Henry as our medium size defenders, with Kolo & Brews playing on the positions small forwards.

That is the structure that was working for us - so I'd be happy if we reverted back to that
If Blicavs goes to McKay, I think I'd rather Kolo go to Charlie Curnow.
I'm not sure though. He's definitely a tough match up...

If Blicavs goes to McKay, I think I'd rather Kolo go to Charlie Curnow.
I'm not sure though. He's definitely a tough match up...
I'm just going by dazbroncos post last week that paraphrased Scarlett's pre-match interview - I remember him saying that Kolo has been playing on the opposition's small forwards

But I'm happy to see a Kolo play on taller options also

I'm just going by dazbroncos post last week that paraphrased Scarlett's pre-match interview - I remember him saying that Kolo has been playing on the opposition's small forwards

But I'm happy to see a Kolo play on taller options also
I suppose if Charlie gets off the leash we have a few options to throw at him in Kolo, Stewart & Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back