Preview Hawks vs Dogs - Round 16, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ve been so supportive of O’Brien but I’m done... please stop this now
May I ask why now? Had some really poor games a 1-2 months ago but last couple have been decent games. I had him as our best tall (rucks and kpp) on the ground. He had a couple of howlers but I felt he was otherwise very effective. Marks, spoils, score involvements.

May I ask why now? Had some really poor games a 1-2 months ago but last couple have been decent games. I had him as our best tall (rucks and kpp) on the ground. He had a couple of howlers but I felt he was otherwise very effective. Marks, spoils, score involvements.
I just feel disappointed that he doesn’t grab it by the scruff for want of a better description. I’ve always felt it was confidence and experience for Timmy and then he’d kick on but he’s had plenty of time ... I just don’t think he’s a guy capable of this level frankly and thought he could be anything for so long

I just feel disappointed that he doesn’t grab it by the scruff for want of a better description. I’ve always felt it was confidence and experience for Timmy and then he’d kick on but he’s had plenty of time ... I just don’t think he’s a guy capable of this level frankly and thought he could be anything for so long
Yep, he has talent. It would make us so much better off if he could hold down a key post permanently. I’m going to hold onto hope until he comes good or is delisted :)

Yep, he has talent. It would make us so much better off if he could hold down a key post permanently. I’m going to hold onto hope until he comes good or is delisted :)
And this is all we can & should be doing.

He's a guy with plenty of positive attributes but clearly also has a couple of limiting factors that prevent him becoming the player that we (& I'm sure he) would love him to be. And whatever the cause, he's not ever likely to just burst out & suddenly start dominaying games whilst things are as they or he'd probably have done so already.

What may make a huge difference is if he was played as a 3rd tall & allowed to lead/roam, playing to his strengths; however, this relies on adding KPF & A Grade midfield talent to the side.

In 2018 circumstances, I don't see him developing the attributes that will bridge the gap between current output & potential output, but I see no reason he can't be a good player under different circumstances (2019 & beyond). I just hope it is with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wowzers H2F, I never thought that I'd see the day and just as I was beginning to think that I was wrong.
Man I am stunned he hasn’t become the star I thought he would. But I have lost hope. I would love nothing more to see him explode this week and make me look stupid but I doubt it

Man I am stunned he hasn’t become the star I thought he would. But I have lost hope. I would love nothing more to see him explode this week and make me look stupid but I doubt it
He's soft. Typical of the player we are drawn to drafting.

He won't make it from here. Should have taken the Adelaide offer years ago

Apart from the missed hand ball receive that cost a goal he wasn't awful last week (certainly better than Langford). Tim would want to have a good game this week though if selected.

Anyone think the players will be totally flat with the Cyril news. I was hopeless at work today when the news broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back