Banter It's nice to FINALLY get a home game against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical of a club that has 'fair-weather' supporters. Funny that you had 65-70K for years and now that you finally managed to scrap one premiership after 30 odd years, all the sheep are signing up in droves. Amazing how quick you go from 'Ninth-mond' and not being able to win a final (even against Carlton who didn't even technically make the 8) to 'oh we're unbeatable and we don't lose finals.'

You beat us in a team last time that had no Henderson, no Scott Selwood, no Menzel, Cam Guthrie, Taylor or even Ratugolea. Who were you missing from your best 22? Prestia and Houli?

Amusing that in every game you've played away from home this year, you've capitulated. Our home ground advantage is just the same as yours, except everyone else has to play on yours. The 'G's dimensions are far wider than most grounds and they advantage teams who know how to play it. West Coast and their improved performance this year due to Optus Stadium more closely reflecting the MCG than Subiaco Oval, a prime example. Clearly you can't play away from home either, so maybe you should shelve all that 'home ground advantage' talk, when you've shown how exposed you are without yours.

Just like you weak, pathetic, entitled little bitches who have a big sook when you have to play a game at our 'actual' home ground instead of yours. Who act superior even though they've won one flag since the VFL transitioned to the AFL, and they think that they are a dynasty without rival. Tell me again how you're a powerhouse and you can't even beat Carlton in a final? How you couldn't even make it past an elimination final in the 3 finals series' from 2013-2015? How last year your whole board was in disarray, your coach was about to be fired and your supporters were jumping ship and swimming for the shore? Oh but you won a Grand Final and played every game at the 'G so therefore you're now unbeatable and the 'best' team. Spare me.

This 'banter' thread is nothing more than a delusional space for your supporters who have poor memories, small dicks and a low IQ. Talk to me when you have the highest winning percentage since the VFL became the AFL, and you have no wooden spoons. Do you know how many you guys have? 3. Do you know how many finals you've won in the past 18 years since the Top 8 system was established? 3. All last year. That's it. Every other time you made finals, you lost. Your claim to fame is based on 1 month of decent football and a half-decent year this year based on home ground advantage. Don't get me wrong, I like Richmond, but some of their supporters like you guys are just deluded.

Please. Even with 37 years of failure, we are still vastly more successful in the last half century than Geelong is.

Arrogant Geelong fans, much like yourself, seem to forget football existed prior to 2007. You were irrelevant as a club for 40 years. You win 3 flags in 5 years, sell the farm to win another and have gotten nowhere near it, and now you think your club is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Your club doesn't win wooden spoons because it cannot afford to. As someone who LIVES in Geelong, I know what your side does for this city. I know what would happen to it, and it's supporters should Geelong face a period of sustained mediocrity during a rebuild. You have arguably the most fair weather, entitled supporter bases in the league. Your supporters sooked about the QF last year because they couldn't attend and yet, given the very same opportunity at a home game this year, they CHOSE not to attend. You want to call us bandwagoners. Interestingly enough, Geelong's lowest H+A total average attendance since you won the flag in 2007 came in 2016, the year after you missed finals (coincidentally, the second lowest total). Your supporters jump off like rats on a sinking ship when your club isn't performing like they should or are expected to. THAT is why Geelong cannot afford to win a wooden spoon.

Your supporter base can be encapsulated by your coach. An arrogant tossbag who thinks everything should be given to them. They don't want to put in the hard yards. They want to cut corners, they want handouts, they want it on a silver platter and they want it now. They throw tantrums when they don't get their own way.

We, as a club, have busted our asses off to turn our club around. From the doldrums. From comparisons to Fitzroy. To being labelled worse than that side on their deathbed. We earned our success. Geelong have tried to buy it.

Yes, we won 3 finals last year. We won as many finals in 2017 as Geelong have won since they won the 2011 flag. You want to throw stones, fine. But I will NOT tolerate any Geelong fan calling US sooks when your entire supporter base as a collective needs to get the sand out of their vaginas. The collective sooking from them when they found out about the QF being played at the G far outweighed Richmond supporters complaining about not being able to get a ticket to that shitheap of a ground you call Kitty Litter Park or whatever it is called these days. You were TOLD 3 weeks out from finals that should you face Richmond, it would be at the 'G. Your side never had an issue beating us at the 'G before. In fact, your club used to pencil it in as a win almost every year (and I have heard this from a number of players). You either didn't prepare to play on the MCG. Or you took us lightly. That is on Geelong. Not on us. So go take your typical Scat supporting victim mentality back to your own board with the unwashed masses who share in your collective self delusion that your club is far more important than it actually is.

And I cannot wait to prove we are a better side than Geelong from 2007-2011 by doing the one thing that that mob couldn't do. Back to Back. Which is why Hawthorn and Brisbane will ALWAYS be greater sides than that of the Geelong golden era.

Given that it was a thread created on a Richmond page with 95% Richmond responses by a Richmond mod, I'm gonna say that's a bit of a stretch. But for good measure, I've clarified just in case there's some of you that can't read between the lines.

Geez, changing the post because you can't handle the bants. There should be a rule: Once your pants have been pulled down, you're not allowed to pull them up again. :p

Typical of a club that has 'fair-weather' supporters. Funny that you had 65-70K for years and now that you finally managed to scrap one premiership after 30 odd years, all the sheep are signing up in droves. Amazing how quick you go from 'Ninth-mond' and not being able to win a final (even against Carlton who didn't even technically make the 8) to 'oh we're unbeatable and we don't lose finals.'

You beat us in a team last time that had no Henderson, no Scott Selwood, no Menzel, Cam Guthrie, Taylor or even Ratugolea. Who were you missing from your best 22? Prestia and Houli?

Amusing that in every game you've played away from home this year, you've capitulated. Our home ground advantage is just the same as yours, except everyone else has to play on yours. The 'G's dimensions are far wider than most grounds and they advantage teams who know how to play it. West Coast and their improved performance this year due to Optus Stadium more closely reflecting the MCG than Subiaco Oval, a prime example. Clearly you can't play away from home either, so maybe you should shelve all that 'home ground advantage' talk, when you've shown how exposed you are without yours.

Just like you weak, pathetic, entitled little bitches who have a big sook when you have to play a game at our 'actual' home ground instead of yours. Who act superior even though they've won one flag since the VFL transitioned to the AFL, and they think that they are a dynasty without rival. Tell me again how you're a powerhouse and you can't even beat Carlton in a final? How you couldn't even make it past an elimination final in the 3 finals series' from 2013-2015? How last year your whole board was in disarray, your coach was about to be fired and your supporters were jumping ship and swimming for the shore? Oh but you won a Grand Final and played every game at the 'G so therefore you're now unbeatable and the 'best' team. Spare me.

This 'banter' thread is nothing more than a delusional space for your supporters who have poor memories, small dicks and a low IQ. Talk to me when you have the highest winning percentage since the VFL became the AFL, and you have no wooden spoons. Do you know how many you guys have? 3. Do you know how many finals you've won in the past 18 years since the Top 8 system was established? 3. All last year. That's it. Every other time you made finals, you lost. Your claim to fame is based on 1 month of decent football and a half-decent year this year based on home ground advantage. Don't get me wrong, I like Richmond, but some of their supporters like you guys are just deluded.
Geelong gets home ground advantage of an interstate team that doesn't have to travel .Driving from Geelong to Melbourne is not travel, flying from Perth to Melbourne is travel.Your last 2 home games are a joke and will get you into the finals so you can lose by 6 goals in the first final, like the last few years.

A one team town fostering such a toxic fan base that they recently had to have a “pledge” not to fight one another on their BigFooty forum.

The cold hard truth is that Geelong fans are a slow moving, in-fighting fungi which is growing outward from Corio to eventually infect and cover the AFL umpire department in a chorus of one eyed mouth breathing and Chris Scott’s petulant complaining that Geelong are forced to adhere to the same rules as everyone else in the competition.

I will concede that the Cats are relevant... in the same way that Ebola, HIV and the Zika virus were.

giphy.gif

Nice melt dude. I've used the fishing one already so I need to keep it fresh.

Also, I've used a bunny, because that is what you are now, trollololol.

It's a banter thread, and unlike the other clubs, who've taken it in good spirit, you guys basically haven't turned up. That's got a lot to do with how much better than the rest you think you are. (newsflash, you're not). The bunch of fans of BF with the least sense of humour, by some margin. And the most arrogance. If you're comfortable with that, bully for you.

Scats fans have a very short memory. The GFC has been super since the mid 2000's. Can't argue that. Before that, their era of shitness was pretty ******* significant. 44 years I believe? So just because your return to success happened about a decade before our return, is no reason to walk around with a stick up your arse.

It actually amuses me.

haha
i didn't like playing them at waverley that much tho ... bad memories
1980 second semi final. KB kicked eight... I was living in Geelong at the time and proudly wore Tiger colours all night and ended up singing the theme song loudly at the Wool Exchange Hotel.

Come on man, have a melt, but why drag Tiger71 into this? What did he do?

:p

hahaha, f*cking epic melt dude!
Are you feeling triggered much, snowflake?
I generally stay out of the banter threads, because I'm not so keen on making fun of others on a topic that is the equivalent of their religion, but man you have to calm down and realise that you haven't done anything to achieve success for your football team, just like us.
You haven't played for the team. You haven't won a Premiership.
You have literally been nothing more than a twitter follower to the people that have achieved everything.

oh and well done editing your post to try and remove the self reference. Gold.

Threads going that well they are bickering amongst themselves.
IF your fellow supporters had a sense of humour they'd be over here adding to it.

Just like the MCG tomorrow night, this thread is 90% Tigers because you guys get scared when there's more than 36k and you cna't limit the opposition supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF your fellow supporters had a sense of humour they'd be over here adding to it.

Just like the MCG tomorrow night, this thread is 90% Tigers because you guys get scared when there's more than 36k and you cna't beat up opposition supporters.

EFA

So glad this game is at the safe MCG. I was watching some of last year's game down at Taxpayer Stadium and when Jack Riewoldt was lining up for a set shot, the Geelong supporters were booing! Can you believe it? BOOING! Here I was thinking Geelong supporters were above that sort of stuff, nope, disgusting stuff.

I love that all you idiots go on about 'banter' and then when someone gives you an 'epic melt' as you refer to it, you all start piling on in your droves that 'oh you take things too seriously and don't have a sense of humour.'

Lol, given that I typed that up at midnight after I'd had a few beers and was heading off to bed, I'm really not taking this that seriously at all. It's footy for christ's sake, not politics or world issues.

I edited the post because I was again continuing on with the 'banter.' Why would I say I was changing it, like muzhogg's post, and then update it in bold if I wasn't playing along?

It seems that my post 'triggered' a lot more of you guys than it has me. Calm down, it's just 'banter.'

Oh and P.S. you think your supporters are so cultured and upstanding, can't remember the last time a premiership winning team's fans had to be capsicum sprayed by police. Lodging traffic cones in shop windows, climbing up buildings and on cars like monkeys, clearly such a well rounded supporter base.

https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...l/news-story/8cc7872c77a1065b011f96fbc580e15f

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Nice melt dude. I've used the fishing one already so I need to keep it fresh.

Also, I've used a bunny, because that is what you are now, trollololol.

It's a banter thread, and unlike the other clubs, who've taken it in good spirit, you guys basically haven't turned up. That's got a lot to do with how much better than the rest you think you are. (newsflash, you're not). The bunch of fans of BF with the least sense of humour, by some margin. And the most arrogance. If you're comfortable with that, bully for you.

Scats fans have a very short memory. The GFC has been super since the mid 2000's. Can't argue that. Before that, their era of shitness was pretty ******* significant. 44 years I believe? So just because your return to success happened about a decade before our return, is no reason to walk around with a stick up your arse.

It actually amuses me.
To be fair, our highest winning percentage dates back to 1987 when the VFL transitioned to AFL. We may not have won a grand final but we reached it on 4 occasions between 1989 and 1995. Will accept that in the 26 years prior to that, that we were mediocre at best but still not among the worst teams.

I personally don't think I'm better than opposition fans (except maybe Hawthorn, but that's expected). If that's a generalized view you have of our base, then that's fair enough. Personally, I don't see it, but you're entitled to your view

A one team town fostering such a toxic fan base that they recently had to have a “pledge” not to fight one another on their BigFooty forum.

The cold hard truth is that Geelong fans are a slow moving, in-fighting fungi which is growing outward from Corio to eventually infect and cover the AFL umpire department in a chorus of one eyed mouth breathing and Chris Scott’s petulant complaining that Geelong are forced to adhere to the same rules as everyone else in the competition.

I will concede that the Cats are relevant... in the same way that Ebola, HIV and the Zika virus were.

I have alot of Tiger brothers from Corio.

I love that all you idiots go on about 'banter' and then when someone gives you an 'epic melt' as you refer to it, you all start piling on in your droves that 'oh you take things too seriously and don't have a sense of humour.'

Lol, given that I typed that up at midnight after I'd had a few beers and was heading off to bed, I'm really not taking this that seriously at all. It's footy for christ's sake, not politics or world issues.

I edited the post because I was again continuing on with the 'banter.' Why would I say I was changing it, like muzhogg's post, and then update it in bold if I wasn't playing along?

It seems that my post 'triggered' a lot more of you guys than it has me. Calm down, it's just 'banter.'

Oh and P.S. you think your supporters are so cultured and upstanding, can't remember the last time a premiership winning team's fans had to be capsicum sprayed by police. Lodging traffic cones in shop windows, climbing up buildings and on cars like monkeys, clearly such a well rounded supporter base.

https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...l/news-story/8cc7872c77a1065b011f96fbc580e15f

"I'd had a few beers"

thumb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back