Autopsy Hawks defeat the Holy Floppity - Rd 21, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does every Geelong player appeal for free kicks after any moment? Hands in the air, big sooky look. It's embarrassing.

How about the Jaeger winner and the cats player (Guthrie?) claiming it was touched??? The ball was about a metre under his arms. Absolute cheats

Or when they showed Henderson cup the ball up to a team mate, got called for a throw and was saying "Nah close fist I punched it" only to be made look like an absolute fool ten seconds later in the replay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's no surprise that, once again, when Kaiden Brand has become a regular, the defensive unit looks more sound than it has the rest of the year.

When Frawley plays a vintage Frawley game, like he did today, there was no one to switch onto Hawkins who was making Frawley his bitch. Brand switched, onto a more appropriate matchup, mind you, and took Hawkins out of the game.

He might not be a Brian Lake reincarnate, but at least he's reliable in the air, reliable defending the lead, and if the midfield isn't getting dominated, he doesn't get dominated by his opponent (when appropriately matched up on), unlike the 200+ gamer, flailing aimlessly James Frawley.

Not only that, it allows Stratton to continue being the spare help defender, with his defensive first, elite defensive decision making and sound ball skills. It also allows Burton to not have to play as a part-time help defender as much, to which he can provide more drive from the backline.

Shiels's tackling today was technically beautiful. Positioned his body in some incredible positions to avoid giving away any of their 'played for' frees. He played Clangerfield beuatifully today. Statistically it looks like Clangers dominated, but his possessions were hack possessions and often to the ankles of his teammates. Shiels knows that Dangerfield with ball, but under pressure works in the opposition's favour. Very under-rated game from Liam today.

Kudos to the umpires for not getting sucked in either, and realising their mistake after the Ablett utensil-up in the 1st Q.

Burgoyne was huge late too. Clangerfield was doing his everything to bustle through and win the ball, but Burgoyne used his body positioning mastery to nullify Clangerfield, and often saw a hack handball that led to nothing. A typical low possession, but high value game from Silk.

Pitto was good and his 2nd efforts are excellent.

Happy to get the win. Happy to see the high bomb game not used. Still worrying that the go-to game plan was the tempo footy gameplan. It's not effective. The turnaround in form has come from that style being given the lemon and sars. Keep it like that.

He seems to have lost a yard of explosive pace for some reason, but running back with the flight of the footy in the last we also very good

Yeah, Impey is not making the lightning runs that he was at the start of the year. But he doesn't look hampered either.

The run back with the flight, one for the tape.

I saw what you did Sarah smiles you had the 1st thread but no1 replied to yours then I put up my thread and I had 3 pages up in seconds, you then complained about my title of hawks end Geelongs season being to harsh wow I think you were just jealous because people went to mine instead of yours LoL
But we haven't ended their season
They have freo and the sun's both in Geelong and Swans have a tough final three games

I merged the threads. I can’t take credit for the title. That may have been respected moderator and well known cider drinker Gralin.
Nah I'm away for the weekend chilling in front of a fire with a Bailey's
Abasi was the wordsmith that came up with flopity

Wonder if Jaeger now twice in the space of the week declaring his love for the club is a public message to Lynch about how good this place is.

I might be in the minority, but I think the deliberate against Hendo was there.

Problem for Hendo was that he didn't need to take possession, it was slowly dribbling through for a point and no Cats player around him.

I agree. I didn't like it at the time, but he 'could' have got a handpass off to whoever it was near him/pulled up and not let it run over. It's 50/50 though. Same thing could happen tonight and they wouldn't pay it. Of course they pay it right there, right then in a Hawthorn v Geelong match though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back