Autopsy Hawks defeat the Holy Floppity - Rd 21, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven’t read one of his for a while, not bad. From a distance I agree re us trying too much to defend the lead late which played into their hands and gave them a huge sniff but our coaches may well have seen the data that said we were out on our feet...but it didn’t seem that way. Good lesson that you can’t go too defensive.
Also Reminds me that S Duckwood might come under some scrutiny this week and Titch is as hard as nails.

Individually they're all great players...….

giphy.gif
I really hate that expression. Really under sells the skill involved in skiing down a hill. Particularly the guys in the gif.

I think its a bit petty to try and denigrate the achievements of their three gun midfielders. All three are all time and will be deserved HOF inductees.

For anyone to say they don't understand where the hype over the Cats midfield is coming from, it comes across as disingenuous
Not sure where you're pulling all that garbage from. 3 all time greats sure, but they are not the best midfield in the comp, especially based on historical awards. Danger is elite right now, but Ablett is 34 and not the player he once was. Selwood is 30 and is slipping in impact.

I think its disrespectful to a lot of other midfields to say the Cats are the best, when over 21 rounds the Cats just haven't proved it. That was my point in the original post, if you care to read it. As a collective midfield they get beaten far too often for the "best midfield in the comp".

Not sure where you're pulling all that garbage from. 3 all time greats sure, but they are not the best midfield in the comp, especially based on historical awards. Danger is elite right now, but Ablett is 34 and not the player he once was. Selwood is 30 and is slipping in impact.

I think its disrespectful to a lot of other midfields to say the Cats are the best, when over 21 rounds the Cats just haven't proved it. That was my point in the original post, if you care to read it. As a collective midfield they get beaten far too often for the "best midfield in the comp".
I’d take the GWS midfield over Cats in a heartbeat...

I really hate that expression. Really under sells the skill involved in skiing down a hill. Particularly the guys in the gif.

I don’t think down hill skiers fully captures what I wanted to say actually. Because they do lift when needed, especially Selwood over the years.

I think a better description is one way runners

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not even the best recent cats midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, on further inspection, schoenmakers is the one putting the tackle on Duncan which led to our last goal but the interesting part is, schoenmakers was also the one to give hand pass to smith to Morrison to jaeger to GOOAALLL!!! All endurance running players converged there to help out the machine that is poppy!!
Best 0 goal game poppy has played imo!!

It was actually 2006.
First time was down at their shithole stadium in Sleepy Hollow. They were unbackable favourites that day, and we came out and tore them a new one.
Second time was the final H&A game for the year at Shitihad. We once again handed them their arses on a platter, courtesy of one M Williams kicking 8 goals.
2015 R20 A opponent Geelong 19.7 121 against 12.13 85 W M.C.G. 55802 Sat 15-Aug-2015 7:20 PM
2015 R1 H opponent Geelong 17.21 123 against 8.13 61 W M.C.G. 73584 Mon 06-Apr-2015 3:20 PM

Bloody hell, another heart stopper against the Flopcats.
Really fantastic to see the young and old boys will themselves to not just hang on, but kick a winning goal. So good that JOM didn't hesitate or loop a handball...just saw the goals and went bang!

Is it even possible to have a score signaled and for the field umpire to just ignore it? Can they do that when someone calls for a goal review now??
I hope the line umpire, and goal umpire don't get gigs in the finals...they needed to have the balls to tell the field umpire.

Good lesson for the kids coming into finals...Don't take the foot off the accelerator (see JOM at the end).
1 more thing that I liked, whenever cats feel hands on them they just drop the ball; today our guys looked to me to be switched on plenty of times, especially at stoppages to just snatch the ball away anticipating the drop.

Foot down hard for 2 more weeks lads!!

On the contrary, it illustrates how much more difficult it is to ski in the opposite direction.

3 observations from being at the match today:

1. We are poor at positioning for the drop of the ball in the marking contest. This was all over the field but especially noticeable in our forward line. Too often Geelong snagged the spoil and easily ran it out.

2. We rarely, if ever, go 1-on-1, preferring a zone defence. When the game is tight sometimes you have to man up.

3. As mentioned earlier in the thread, we tried to slow the game down too early in the last quarter. I remember seeing Issie with the ball, in the middle of the ground, motioning to slow the game. It was the 20 min mark and I said to my boys "christ, he's gone early. This could bite us on the arse!" Fortunately, it was not to be.

The first 2 points have been with us all season so it seems it's just the way we play. Both are weaknesses, in my view.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That last game in 06 was sensational. Williams put the *ers to the sword. Correct me if I am wrong, but they only beat us once between 06 and 08. And it wasn't a convincing win either (home and away 08). I think the qualifer in 2011 was the only time they really got us when they were playing well.

That last game in 06 was sensational. Williams put the ******s to the sword. Correct me if I am wrong, but they only beat us once between 06 and 08. And it wasn't a convincing win either (home and away 08). I think the qualifer in 2011 was the only time they really got us when they were playing well.
That 2011 game was when Buddy made that miraculous recovery and Menzel did the knee we all booed him ;)

That 2011 game was when Buddy made that miraculous recovery and Menzel did the knee we all booed him ;)

Menzel got booed as he went in to rough Puopolo up from memory and the crowd didn't realise what had happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back