Autopsy vs WBD - Rd 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Season Over and I'm very Disappointed losing to a team who has been bottom 4 for most of the year is no excuse.
I want to see another premiership in my lifetime and it's getting harder with the Giants already a premiership contender being in the AFL only since 2012

This board is going to have a fit when Preuss' trade value isn't close to what we think it is.
That's why we should be trading the other guy who will net us more, and will probably only give us a couple of more decent years...when we are not likely to be in contention.
We are so conservative.

Dan Curry was sliced bread as well, until he got a game or two and proved to be a donut. He left. Not sighted since.

Point being that Scotts takes advice from a range of Coaching team members. Preuss maybe doing something that is not meeting the expectations of that team..maybe Goldsteins form kept him out..maybe Maj coming on into a role has kept him out..we are clutching at straws thinking the Ruckman is the issue now or in two years time.

Max Gawn could have rucked today and it wouldn’t have made a difference

Package up Preuss Wood and Clarke and get me two outside skilful running mid fields ...who how and wat I don’t know
Are them coaching members the same ones that have us playing inconsistently from week to week? The coaches that wont drop underperforming players no matter if vfl players are kicking the door down? The coaches that wont vary structure to fit certain players into the team that deserve a crack?

Fair enough.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

10 of the top 12 ball winner all dogs including 3 of them with 40+ touches - thats unheatd of!

WOW talk about a midfield copping a pinapple!..
It’s a ******* disgrace on many levels.

That’s why it was so mind boggling that Scott did little to nothing to try and stem the bleeding.

We lost by just over a goal to a side that dominated possession. Stem the bleeding and you win, because their forward line is a shambles.

Bullshit!

I was 5 metres away from it. Do you think he just layed there not being able to breathe for the fun of it?

I suggest you have another look.
Spud all over it on The Bounce - the only contact was from the side and he was not winded. He clearly looked at oncoming traffic, took eye off ball and then, embarrassed by his effort played up the contact, and compounded his initial mistake by missing the chance to make up for the error as the ball rolled towards him and he was still curled up in a heap.

Spud all over it on The Bounce - the only contact was from the side and he was not winded. He clearly looked at oncoming traffic, took eye off ball and then, embarrassed by his effort played up the contact, and compounded his initial mistake by missing the chance to make up for the error as the ball rolled towards him and he was still curled up in a heap.
I’m telling you it’s a crock of s**t.

I was 5 meters away and could clearly see he was severely winded.

Spud is watching it on TV and has NFI if he was winded or not?

In what world does an AFL player just lay on the ground when the ball is right next to him?

Anyone that believes the word of a simpleton like spud needs to have their head read.

Marley Williams is that last player people should be accusing of being a cat.

In what world does an AFL player just lay on the ground when the ball is right next to him?

Appreciate you were so close to action but I was suspicious of it long before spud said his piece - indeed after the game I made my son sit through Williams 3 errors that cost us the first 3 goals of second half and changed the momentum of the game. Be good if Giantroo can post the Bounce segment (don’t come Monday) and see what you think. Anyway still think Williams has done a good job for club after a tough time at Collingwood

I had a feeling this was coming when I saw the players relaxing in Broadbeach. Yes on the surface of it the idea had merit. 6 day break, two interstate trips on end and pointy end of a long season.

But what it did was create another mini bye scenario. And this side has rarely done well after a break.

Third quarter was very much in the holiday mode.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Alex Johnston. Perspective just arrived.

Last Tuesday one of my best mates rode his motorbike into a gravel truck at high speed and scattered various parts of himself across the road before dying.

It was a s**t game of footy. That's all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Appreciate you were so close to action but I was suspicious of it long before spud said his piece - indeed after the game I made my son sit through Williams 3 errors that cost us the first 3 goals of second half and changed the momentum of the game. Be good if Giantroo can post the Bounce segment (don’t come Monday) and see what you think. Anyway still think Williams has done a good job for club after a tough time at Collingwood
I have no problem with the first, it was just bad luck that he copped the knock to the solaplex and couldn’t breathe. As for the next two, yes he is squarely to blame, because he should of come off to recover.

I would like to see anyone contest when you can’t breathe. Get a mate to punch you and wind you and see if you can chase after him?

If you can hit someone in the right spot you can stop them breathing properly or even moving their torso properly for a few minutes. Marley has back issues and a spasming intercostal probably wouldn't help them either.

If you can hit someone in the right spot you can stop them breathing properly or even moving their torso properly for a few minutes. Marley has back issues and a spasming intercostal probably wouldn't help them either.
I just find it astonishing that people are accusing him of faking injury and just laying there.

I would love to see Marley on the Bounce and give Spud a shot to the guts and see if he can talk any more s**t?

*heads like Frawley should think twice before publicly accusing a player of being a cat, when they are watching on a TV screen and have NFI if he is injured or not?

I just find it astonishing that people are accusing him of faking injury and just laying there.

I would love to see Marley on the Bounce and give Spud a shot to the guts and see if he can talk any more s**t?

****heads like Frawley should think twice before publicly accusing a player of being a cat, when they are watching on a TV screen and have NFI if he is injured or not?
Frawley is a Brainless Twit. No sense comes out of his mouth. :stern look

I have been severely winded once and it’s one of the most horrible feelings.

You are trying to breathe in and getting no air at all. It can take a good 20-30 secs before you actually start getting air back into your lungs.

With zero form to go on and disgruntled yo boot- probably a pick in the 40s.

I personally think its ******* stupid to trade preuss.

Ruckmen in general don't fetch a huge amount anymore at the trade table. If you're not established (and thus not going to be traded) there isn't a huge market. Clubs will much rather try and find a "value" trade (ie - Witts, Martin, Nankervis) when it comes to rucks.

Ruckmen in general don't fetch a huge amount anymore at the trade table. If you're not established (and thus not going to be traded) there isn't a huge market. Clubs will much rather try and find a "value" trade (ie - Witts, Martin, Nankervis) when it comes to rucks.
The only thing we have going for us is that he is contracted, but I don’t blame him for wanting to seek opportunities to play at AFL level.

This year it’s been hard to get him in because Goldstein has regained form, but last year was farcical at the amount of times he was overlooked when Goldy was plain horrible.

I have been severely winded once and it’s one of the most horrible feelings.

You are trying to breathe in and getting no air at all. It can take a good 20-30 secs before you actually start getting air back into your lungs.

Yeah i've been winded a few times.

Once playing footy. And I tried to run away from the trainer too. Just holding my arms above my head to try and get some air in until my chest stopped spasming. Was useless for a minute at least. Nothing works or moves, the structure that enables you to breathe is unable to function.

Its a bit scary but there'd be times when it would be a terrifying feeling. In an accident or some sort of serious building collapse. I've got a mate who was slammed into a reef surfing and was winded by the contact. He thought he was gonna die.

Yeah i've been winded a few times.

Once playing footy. And I tried to run away from the trainer too. Just holding my arms above my head to try and get some air in until my chest stopped spasming. Was useless for a minute at least. Nothing works or moves, the structure that enables you to breathe is unable to function.

Its a bit scary but there'd be times when it would be a terrifying feeling. In an accident or some sort of serious building collapse. I've got a mate who was slammed into a reef surfing and was winded by the contact. He thought he was gonna die.
The worst one I had was going back with the flight and copping a knee to the ribs. I actually thought I was choking.

It’s a scary feeling not knowing when you will start getting air into your lungs again. It also takes a good few minutes to fully recover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back