Autopsy vs WBD - Rd 21

Remove this Banner Ad

No
It is because the Hawks have coaches that know how to develop young players
Also they expect them to get better
The whole club culture at Hawthorn is about getting better and winning

None of that at North under the crap coaching and club culture fostered under Scott
Exactly, Clarko would not settle for mediocrity like our coach does.
Anyone know of or heard of the assistant coaches apart from Will Minson and we all know about him.
We have no-ones teaching our kids so we cant expect much. Just like our politicians pay peanuts get monkeys

For those who are wondering why the third quarter happened as it happened, all explained over on The Shinboner: https://theshinboner.com/2018/08/13...ness-review-north-melbourne-western-bulldogs/

And because I know how this board gets after losses like that, I'm slowly backing away now and am unavailable for the next few days.

Good summary. lack of outside run has been our killer for years and still is despite our efforts over the last 3 years to recruit runners. With Jacobs, Hartung and Mountford we would look much better, but it is obvious why we are chasing Gaff, Polec and Hall.
Also, great idea to back away for a few days

I said the same thing. Today was a “throw”back to 2016.

They were pretty obvious to everyone bar the maggots. Yet they always seem to ping the one we try.

Jeez, I have to say I watched the whole game live at Etihad and I was beside myself with anger. However, at not even one stage throughout the game did I ever believe that the Dogs threw the ball! After half time, we were destroyed in the middle. Sometimes, the facts are straightforward. Ahern and Simpkin appear to have run out of steam. Cunnington and Anderson could not stem the tide on their own.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last Tuesday one of my best mates rode his motorbike into a gravel truck at high speed and scattered various parts of himself across the road before dying.

It was a s**t game of footy. That's all.
Jesus, I'm so sorry - I can't "like" your post, obviously. That's just hideous.

Why the f*** weren't some of those errant bounces recalled?!

There is a systemic problem.

Schmidt cannot bounce the ball, has a strike rate of maybe 1 in 5.

I don't care that it is tradition I'd prefer fair.

It is an absolute nonsense that he(or others like him) be allowed to continue to bounce the ball for nothing but their own ego.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets lust look on the bright side. We will probably now finish 11th on the ladder because Adelaide will flog us, we will lose to the Saints and of course the *peptide pushers will win at least one of their last two.

Which means we will get pick 8 in the draft. Granted not the number 1 pick that some posters craved for at the beginning of the year but still not too bad a pick.

This is probably the most pointless autopsy thread in recent memory. A disappointing result.
There are no individuals to highlight.
It was ours for the taking and we didn't take it.
There are no constructive Negatives, just over the top excuses.
The BS has to go sentiment is ridiculous.

With the AFLs blatant meddling with the schedule. I am still a believer that the finishing position on the ladders says where you are at.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Jeez, I have to say I watched the whole game live at Etihad and I was beside myself with anger. However, at not even one stage throughout the game did I ever believe that the Dogs threw the ball! After half time, we were destroyed in the middle. Sometimes, the facts are straightforward. Ahern and Simpkin appear to have run out of steam. Cunnington and Anderson could not stem the tide on their own.

Have a look.

They were back to their chucking best.

Just have a look at Bontempelli hook it over his head with an open hand as an example.

There is an epidemic of throwing that is now being adjudicated as a tap on. An upward motion with an open hand is not a tap on, it’s a throw.

Goldy was probably our best player. Our mids didn't take advantage of his dominance.

Goldy? Serious? Goldy has a negative efficiency in disposals. Fantastic at getting the ball, then just gives it back with s**t kicking or hand balling behind the player instead of infront lol

In his defense most our players did the same all day

Goldy? Serious? Goldy has a negative efficiency in disposals. Fantastic at getting the ball, then just gives it back with s**t kicking or hand balling behind the player instead of infront lol

In his defense most our players did the same all day

We looked better with Maj in there, he palmed brilliantly. Godly didn’t get effective enough.

Positives
  • Aggressiveness of Jed Anderson - this guy is just reborn
  • W8s marking is beyond elite - why are we not using him more to transition the ball up the wing?
  • Cunners doing the 'kangroo crossing' during kick ins - it doesn't always work but its nice to watch us do something different
  • Clarke's running ability to provide support and numbers is understated
  • Maj maj maj!
Negatives
  • LMac - I'm pretty sure this guy now plays for opposite team each time we play - 17 v 19
  • Tired of watching M Wood miss easy goals
  • Captain didn't stand up today
  • Goldy's disposal efficiency is below VFL standard
  • In the forward 50 B Brown led to the ball only once the entire game - and it resulted in a mark and goal

An upward motion with an open hand is not a tap on, it’s a throw.

Except for us apparently - we got called for exactly the same thing.

Jesus, I'm so sorry - I can't "like" your post, obviously. That's just hideous.

Cheers. He ran the local shop/bottleshop. He was basically our publican, was always there for people when they needed something etc etc. This whole area is gutted. On top of everyone else this year we've lost him too.

He's got 3 daughters left. All over 20 now, just. Eldest gets married in the next few weeks...

Yeah anyway - like you say its about perspective.

It was a s**t game yesterday and I could have done with a win to cheer me up but for all the negativity I see some positives out of this year. And if nothing else at least we're alive (so far!!) to enjoy it. I'd rather be alive to spew about a game like yesterday than the alternative.

As I said after the Brisbane game...there are a number of reasons why we look a different side to that of the first 10 rounds.

We have seen what North want to do, and what our best looks like. Think back to say, the Hawthorn game at Etihad. We ran from behind, had numbers everywhere, skills looked great because hard running created easier targets etc.
Now, that was never going to be a season long thing as we simply don’t have enough natural runners in our side, it is impossible to do that for an entire season. We don’t have enough versatility in each line to be able to swap around....Yet.
Next season however, you’ll see Davies Uniacke and a much fitter Ahern starting off in the middle with Cunnington. Higgins to start half bank flank and run and over lap, Mountford and Vickers Willis back in and guys like McDonald and Wright gone.
Add in the pace of Hartung, continued improvement of Jed Anderson and then of course, there’s Tarryn Thomas.
Ziebell won’t get out of the forward 50 again, ever!
We have seen what our best looks like, everyone loved it. Nobody was bagging Brad Scott back then.
You will see that round 1-10 form of this season be replicated the whole year in 2019, and I’ve just highlighted some of the basic reasons why

Don't tell me you didn't wake up yesterday with that morbid fear it would happen?

There is a fantastic gruff old bloke who has run the canteen at the sports ground my kids play at for years , Mad north man - when I said to him what about the game today on Sunday morning he said: "No ******* chance" - still burns that we drop games like this but

Remove this Banner Ad

Back