Player Watch #23 Bernie Vince - Retired - Thanks Bernie

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Bern. As others have said, no one wanted to come to us when he did and we won’t forget it.
The day we do win a premiership, he will be as big a part of it as anyone for laying the foundations.

Roosy commented on Jones' instagram post that Bernie coming to to the club gave us hope, and that's so true.

Will always love Bernie, hope he sticks around in some capacity, will always have a special place in the MFC.

God this sucks. I’m in denial. He’s been by far the most charismatic guy in our list since he became one of ours, and he gave us back our mojo. Thanks Bern for playing with a song in your heart and a smile on your dial. You were my favourite player and those moments when you took the ball and accelerated into an opponent are my all time favourite football memories.
Thanks for everything you’ve done for the MFC.

Gus kicks on both sides but Bern was better on both, crazy how few players could execute that now if given a 100 attempts

My greatest pet peeve in football. Doing VicKick 30 years ago we were told "you'll never make it unless you can use both sides of your body". And here we are now, lucky if 10% could use their opposite competently. :angry:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My greatest pet peeve in football. Doing VicKick 30 years ago we were told "you'll never make it unless you can use both sides of your body". And here we are now, lucky if 10% could use their opposite competently. :angry:
Used to be just us lefties that were entirely one sided. Right footed jerk-offs are culturally appropriating my people!

* me, I played at a country team and most of the right footers had a passable left peg.

Used to be just us lefties that were entirely one sided. Right footed jerk-offs are culturally appropriating my people!

**** me, I played at a country team and most of the right footers had a passable left peg.
I’m ambidextrous, except I had such poor motor skills as a child that the end result is more that I’m no handed rather than both handed

It's just ridicolous how dangerous you can become when you can go both pegs as it opens up the field for you. What's the point of having 16 coaches when half the blokes skills never improve in the system.

Off the top of my head

Salem
Petracca
Viney
Gawn
Tyson
Hibberd
Kent
Frost
Tmac

I can't imagine any of the blokes being accurate 10m away from there boot

**** me, I played at a country team and most of the right footers had a passable left peg.
Left handers are clearly the superior of the species ... except for when it comes to writing/drawing with a pencil ... then all you get is ...
49er14.jpg

It's just ridicolous how dangerous you can become when you can go both pegs as it opens up the field for you. What's the point of having 16 coaches when half the blokes skills never improve in the system.

Off the top of my head

Salem
Petracca
Viney
Gawn
Tyson
Hibberd
Kent
Frost
Tmac

I can't imagine any of the blokes being accurate 10m away from there boot
Salem is particularly bad. I've seen opposition players knowingly shut down his left hand side before he gets the ball, and it messes with him entirely. And I still have vivid nightmares of Tyson trying to kick off his right v Collingwood R23, 2017, and turning it over. Viney also useless on his right.

Trac and Kent aren't that bad IMO, have seen them both put in decent oppo foot efforts.

Left handers are clearly the superior of the species ... except for when it comes to writing/drawing with a pencil ... then all you get is ...
49er14.jpg
Which is why I've never really bothered learning to draw with my left. Didn't seem useful for this reason...until I broke my right arm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back