List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I’ll back in the club in too get the remaining pieces the decisions I found odd are Ben Reid I think he’s done unfortunately same as Blair has been given a couple more years then he should of, I also don’t see much more growth in Crocker

Woodward, Alex Johnson.... ruddy hell!!
We better get a discount from the surgeon.
At least we know Woodward can block and zone off. Haha Kidding! Too soon?

But seriously , before the knives come out, taking a soft hearted approach to a guy that should never be blamed for an unfortunate circumstance but applauded for still chasing his AFL dream after 4 Recos.

It was also obvious he bleeds Black & White (more than some of our listed players) after the game so we should be getting around him and supporting him too because Side by Side we stick together.

Just think if we were offering Moore some extra cash it’ll be taken out of these 2 boys salaries.
We had enough cash for Lynch, and if we don’t get May who would be slightly cheaper, why wouldn’t we have the money if we don’t get either

The definition of in sanity is to do the same thing over and expect different results.

Unless Moore or Reid turn out to be like the Prince of fullbacks and Cox or Reid again, play like John Coleman, then we go all out to find KPPs ASAP!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
And where do we find these players, and how do we get them.
And who.

Just think if we were offering Moore some extra cash it’ll be taken out of these 2 boys salaries.
There’s cash there; there is because if wanted Lynch we planned for it in my view.

Take it with a grain of salt (due to the source) but ......

The Trade Whisperer just posted that Pies are intent on landing a defender during trade period and that if we miss on May expect the name of Adam Tomlinson to come into play.

Pretty sure we get linked to him every year don't we?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take it with a grain of salt (due to the source) but ......

The Trade Whisperer just posted that Pies are intent on landing a defender during trade period and that if we miss on May expect the name of Adam Tomlinson to come into play.

Pretty sure we get linked to him every year don't we?
We get linked to just about everyone every year.

Going through what some people are posting almost makes me sick
Trade Aish
Trade Sier
Trade Moore
Trade Langdon
I have to say we have a great young list and yes we could do with a May or Lynch but we almost won a flag with the biggest injury list.
Let back in what we have and keep Moore at all costs as he is the exact player we need up and firing

Yeah we don’t need to go too crazy, however, we still need to improve.

Sier and Langdon were only spoken about in order to get picks 2 and 3 in the draft from GC which is highly unlikely anyway. KM threw out a scenario and to be honest, if GC accepted it, I’d have to agree and readily consider it.

Moore I’d prefer to hang on to as I think we should be able to get his body right and he is exactly the type of player we are lacking.

Of our injury list, I can only see maybe 1 or 2 of those players on our list in 2-3 years time. The kids that have come in are largely best 22.

I think Appleby could surprise many next year. A good size, has speed and is tough. I thought initially he was out of his depth, but really improved out of sight. I’ve been a supporter of Aish, however, I dont think he is a lock in this team.

We get linked to just about everyone every year.

Yeah we do.

Just spit balling though. If Darcy wants to go and live in Sydney could we do Moore to GWS for Tomlinson (and a shuffle of picks in our favour due to Moore probably holding higher value)? Tomlinson could be gettable too if they need some cap relief.

KM was putting together a hypothetical scenario of how to land Rankine and Lukusious.

So before you start bagging the guy, why don't you offer us all a better way of achieving the same.

I've already said numerous times that there's zero chance of us getting those picks.
But just for shits and giggles, my trade would be as follows:

Gold Coast get: Brodie Grundy, Adam Treloar, Jordan Degoey
Collingwood get: #2, #3

See... I can do it too.

I've already said numerous times that there's zero chance of us getting those picks.
But just for shits and giggles, my trade would be as follows:

Gold Coast get: Brodie Grundy, Adam Treloar, Jordan Degoey
Collingwood get: #2, #3

See... I can do it too.
You're dreaming if you think we'll get those picks by giving up those 3.

Can see why you may think that of Kelly as are probably a couple of areas he needs to improve but not Quaynor. His vision, decision making and hands are fantastic. I actually thought some of the TAC footy this year was ordinary but he was one who always stood out. By foot he was at the upper end of ball users. He’s in the 12-25 mix comfortably on draft day.

His skills/visions/decision making is fine with time and space. Apply and pressure and it's a very different story.

His hands I'll agree are pretty good.

Earlier in the year he may have stood out, but his last two months of the season were lackluster. Didn't feature in Oakleigh's bests in any of those last six matches - and rightly with his impact not there. Was he carrying something that you're aware of that inhibited his performance? He just looked slow and lacked impact.

Other recruiters I'm talking to are agreeing with your projected range for Quaynor and it's horrifying for such a limited player.

As I said before, he won't be inside my top 30 power rankings. It should be a hard pass if a first round bid comes for Quaynor.

I relatively find his scope to go through the midfield more interesting than what he shows down back as that type who can only play one phased of the game well at a time. As a defender he is just a role player and not one who does any one thing to an elite level. Hopefully he can make it as a midfielder - he shows he can get to the right positions and win it reasonably well on the odd occasion he has gone through there.

I really hope that Tom Langdon re-signs as he was so integral to our finals series. He was the glue that held our defence together this year.

But it's funny because most of us spent all year canning him for been a slow thinker, too small to play key position and poor/lazy by foot.

So if he is actually going to request a trade, then we should be able to demand overs for him because his value will be at its highest point. We also have Nathan Murphy and Scharenberg who should develop into the role. If we recruit May, then it also helps.

But I think he showed this finals series how good a player he can be. If we strengthen up our backline and allow Langdon to play a more floating role, he can be very effective.

I think when you come top 4, you want to try and hold your list together, and just add a few more players to fill the holes to take you the next step. Losing key components of your best 22 is a worry, and a big reason why Adelaide have gone backwards.

Langdon apparently wants out to Freo :(
Big loss he held our backline together at the end of this year.

If that's true, obviously it's only to go and play with his brother. But a fairly decent bargaining chip when it comes to the trade period.

We'd be silly not to try and get pick 5 out of them, even if it meant trading them 17 to go with it. Yes he's a whipping boy on these boards but he is a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back