Welcome CONFIRMED - Nathan Kreuger to join Geelong (pick 42 to Carlton)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just bought Dallhaus for that reason you can't play them all including Rohan.
Trouble is we risk the same problems we had in 2018, that was no marking capability up forward apart from Hawkins.

Here's hoping Sav, Hawkins and eventually Kreuger occupy our forwardhalf with 3 small/mediums.
Of course we can't play them all. We bought forward depth insurance, competition for spots, and time to bring the younger brigade along... as we have in recent times done with mids and backs. Del & Rohan replace 2 who rarely got out on the park, and injury free, will provide much needed defensive pressure around the forward half.

Sure, forward marking power has been thin, but if Lurch can regain form in the ruck, we have Hawk, Sav, Henry, Henderson, Taylor (this year), and if one goes down, Stanley goes forward. Hell... if Buzza finds a depth of field fix, he may start clunking a few. Hoping young Freddy shows enough early to also play a role. Then we wait and see what comes from the draft. So it's not like we are are without options for now. Just need to snag another young gun or two, this trade or 2019, and develop them for the future.

Of course we can't play them all. We bought forward depth insurance, competition for spots, and time to bring the younger brigade along... as we have in recent times done with mids and backs. Del & Rohan replace 2 who rarely got out on the park, and injury free, will provide much needed defensive pressure around the forward half.

Sure, forward marking power has been thin, but if Lurch can regain form in the ruck, we have Hawk, Sav, Henry, Henderson, Taylor (this year), and if one goes down, Stanley goes forward. Hell... if Buzza finds a depth of field fix, he may start clunking a few. Hoping young Freddy shows enough early to also play a role. Then we wait and see what comes from the draft. So it's not like we are are without options for now. Just need to snag another young gun or two, this trade or 2019, and develop them for the future.

It's the forwardline....perpetually disfunctional, incapable of goals apart from TH and the midfield group.

It's the forwardline....perpetually disfunctional, incapable of goals apart from TH and the midfield group.
That's why this end of season shake-up and wake-up needs to be real. We are better overall than what we show, but restrained by the way we're forced to play.

Just need to find Voorhees and Myers and we'll have pulled off one killer of a recruiting drive!

We already have a Miers...another Myers will see BT have an aneurism ....

BT: Picked up by Miers, who handballs it to the running Myers, brilliantly tapped back to Miers who snaps..but fails to make the distance, and its marked by Essendon's........Myers.

~Long silence~

BMc: You ok there BT?

Just bought Dallhaus for that reason you can't play them all including Rohan.
Trouble is we risk the same problems we had in 2018, that was no marking capability up forward apart from Hawkins.

Here's hoping Sav, Hawkins and eventually Kreuger occupy our forwardhalf with 3 small/mediums.

I think we'll be in decent shape (subject to injuries). Hawkins and Ratugolea as the main marking targets. Menzel and Rohan are both good overhead as well, as is Danger when he plays forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched his mixtapes... and im impressed. Kicking action is decent, but he's got real wheels for a big guy. My favorite thing is how fast he gets his eyes up after taking possession every single time. See how he goes i guess but defo worth 42.
Yep, agree with that. He looks like he has great balance and once he picks the ball up from the deck he is already in position to make a decision with ball in hand.

I think we'll be in decent shape (subject to injuries). Hawkins and Ratugolea as the main marking targets. Menzel and Rohan are both good overhead as well, as is Danger when he plays forward.

There's a few injury prone amongst that group and you wouldn't want Hawkins going down.
Ratugolea being groomed as a bit of a ruck and only part time forward.
Hawkins has had a good run injury free hopefully nothing goes wrong there, only backup Krueger.

Last edited:
There's a few injury prone amongst that group and you wouldn't want Hawkins going down.
Ratugolea being groomed as a bit of a ruck and only part time forward.
Hawkins has had a good run injury free hopefully nothing goes wrong there, only backup Krueger.
Just because Sav is playing ruck/fwd doesn't mean he can't play FF if needed... we've put Stanley in at FF before when Hawk is having one of his undisciplined weeks off.

Just because Sav is playing ruck/fwd doesn't mean he can't play FF if needed... we've put Stanley in at FF before when Hawk is having one of his undisciplined weeks off.

Imagine the success lol! Unlike other teams we are not serious and undervalue key posts, won't work if Hawk is injured.

Last edited:
Just because Sav is playing ruck/fwd doesn't mean he can't play FF if needed... we've put Stanley in at FF before when Hawk is having one of his undisciplined "AFL Sponsored emphasis of the week" weeks off.

FIFY

GO Catters

Imagine the success lol! Unlike other teams we are not serious and undervalue key posts, won't work if Hawk is injured.
We have quite a good record in Hawks weeks off, actually. There also aren't many clubs interested in holding multiple pure key forwards, because it makes way more sense to give the second/third stringers some alternative pathways to senior selection.

Do we have any South Australia fans who follow the SANFL actually seen him play?
Yes. I'm a South Adelaide supporter, so I've seen him play, albeit only once live. It was against the Port Magpies (Power's reserves) and he kicked a couple of goals and had a few good touches.

Yes. I'm a South Adelaide supporter, so I've seen him play, albeit only once live. It was against the Port Magpies (Power's reserves) and he kicked a couple of goals and had a few good touches.

Gee thanks for that.. Gee his got some excitement about him. .. We're you surprised he got picked up? Or you knew he would?

Gee thanks for that.. Gee his got some excitement about him. .. We're you surprised he got picked up? Or you knew he would?
I'm not surprised at all he got picked up. I didn't know if he'd get picked up this year, but I was certain he would at some point given how well he was tracking at SANFL senior level in 2018.

He's definitely exciting. He's a very athletic kid who's decent overhead and has a big left foot. My knock on him is that he doesn't seem to have a right foot. I really haven't seen a great deal to know too much about him, though.

That video I shared was from South's Facebook page. Many posters on there who either know him personally or have seen a lot more of Nathan than I have have been raving about him. From all reports he's a fantastic kid with a great work ethic and attitude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back