Mega Thread 2018 Trade Period Discussion part 2! (cont. in Part 3 - link in OP)

What are we going to do??

• 4 picks 21 and under? Back in Hamish!

Votes: 74 67.9%
  • Trade up! We’re getting Lukosius / Rankine / Rozee!!!

Votes: 35 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed by Izak, Reid, Ogilvie or Pyke?

It's been confirmed to me. I dont post this stuff unless I'm confident. If we are trading for a higher pick, it wont be for Rankine. I cant verify anything to you, so take it or leave it. For what it's worth, I'm a massive Rankine fan, I think hes a freak. I have been hoping he would be in a crows Guernsey next year, but it seems he isnt a priority for some reason.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

those di**heads on trade radio Plough and Barrett. Caller rings in from Adelaide and suggests 8 & 16 to Brisbane for 5. Then 8-16 to Freo for Neale, 8 & 16 or possibly 11 to Melb for Hogan then Melb pass on to GC for May and they just shouted it down and said no no no..pick 5 waaa waa waaa. This is because that deal would benefit an Adelaide team and still give very good value to Brisbane, Freo, Melbourne and then GC. I'll bet my left nut that if it was Hawthorn instead of Adelaide propoosing a pick swap of their 8 & 16 to Brisbane for pick 5, these 2 muppets would be all over it spruiking it is a great deal for everyone
The best part of their radio show is the add breaks... Also, did you know you can get a Big Mac at breakfast now?

As mentioned a few times before in this thread, ;) he has been on the list as a Rookie too long and can't be re-rookied. It is main list or de-listed as the only two options regarding Hunter.

Of course, I was mentioning that wouldn't the better course of action be a delisting and re-rooking? May have worded it poorly.

I don't see a point in upgrading Hunter, even if we need ruck depth.

I actually think this will happen.
Getting the Saints pick 4 is probably your only chance of getting one of those 3 now IMO.
It won't really matter because in 2 years they will request a trade back to Adelaide - and it won't be Port they ask to come to either as both are massive crows fans and Rankine apparently hates port. GC are a sinking ship and even if they offered 5 year contracts to try and keep these guys it won't matter as players now just ask for a trade in contract

At this point I wouldn't be suprised to see us keep the picks we have. Crows don't rate Rankine as high as us and the only way we trade up is if we are certain to pickup Luko, which is unlikely. Not sure what the deal is with adelaide and Rankine...attitude?? But I'm led to believe we have Smith rated higher.

I could believe that we'd have Rankine at a point of "if he's available and no one better, sure go for it", but not worth paying an substantial price for. We've already done a lot of the leg work to get him back at Adelaide in two years should he venture interstate. Equally, we've been very transparent that we would break the bank for Luko.

I doubt it's actually an issue whatsoever, we just rate other players significantly better. Rankine has a lot of flash, but his issue is position seeing you'd need to convert him elsewhere as small forward is not what you pay such a high price for... nor is Rankine that suited to it at the next level without a significant increase to his defensive game.

Or it's just the case of we rate other talents higher, and Rankine isn't a break the bank type of player.

I could believe that we'd have Rankine at a point of "if he's available and no one better, sure go for it", but not worth paying an substantial price for. We've already done a lot of the leg work to get him back at Adelaide in two years.

The only risk is if Port believe he's the best thing since sliced bread.

You could be right, but the way it came across it seemed like there was an issue. I think based on talent, he could be one of the best in the whole draft, so surely it's not based on that?

Or it's just the case of we rate other talents higher, and Rankine isn't a break the bank type of player.

I could believe that we'd have Rankine at a point of "if he's available and no one better, sure go for it", but not worth paying an substantial price for. We've already done a lot of the leg work to get him back at Adelaide in two years.

The only risk is if Port believe he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Port are up to their eyeballs in rozee

You could be right, but the way it came across it seemed like there was an issue. I think based on talent, he could be one of the best in the whole draft, so surely it's not based on that?

There potentially could be the need to grow up a bit/ego but the best players in the league all have had ego. Talent he'd certainly be up there but I don't have Rankine as a surefire bet to make it based purely on that he needs to change positions season 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port are up to their eyeballs in rozee

That I could seriously believe, and I'm disappointed if true.

Rozee seems like a player Port would cream their pants for, almost a perfect Robbie Gray replacement.

Do you even need to ask? Do people ever give away their sources? I get info every now and then and generally it's very reliable.
You don't have to give away a source. Just trying to judge how likely your source is likely to know.
Eg it's very unlikely a former player would know anything...

I would be disappointed not go get Rankine think hes exactly what we need.
Hopefully we can get them all back soon!

There potentially could be the need to grow up a bit/ego but the best players in the league all have had ego. Talent he'd certainly be up there but I don't have Rankine as a surefire bet to make it based purely on that he needs to change positions season 1.

Unfortunatly that's all the info I got. Rankine isnt a high priority for us. But yeah, baffles me really. He has all the talent, we have some great mentor types at the club. It doesnt make a whole heap of sense but they are the ones doing the legwork and know best

You don't have to give away a source. Just trying to judge how likely your source is likely to know.
Eg it's very unlikely a former player would know anything...

I would be disappointed not go get Rankine think hes exactly what we need.
Hopefully we can get them all back soon!

Sorry mate, cant give much away, just that it's generally reliable. Who knows what happens man, things change, but you would think most of the draft preferences would be locked in, now just down to who's available.

At this point I wouldn't be suprised to see us keep the picks we have. Crows don't rate Rankine as high as us and the only way we trade up is if we are certain to pickup Luko, which is unlikely. Not sure what the deal is with adelaide and Rankine...attitude?? But I'm led to believe we have Smith rated higher.

The other day on the radio (I think it was trade radio), a question was asked about Rankine's off-field antics to one of the S.A development coaches (I think)

It seemed like he may have a reputation that we're not interested in.

Sorry mate, cant give much away, just that it's generally reliable. Who knows what happens man, things change, but you would think most of the draft preferences would be locked in, now just down to who's available.
You're sounding like dead horse.

Unfortunatly that's all the info I got. Rankine isnt a high priority for us. But yeah, baffles me really. He has all the talent, we have some great mentor types at the club. It doesnt make a whole heap of sense but they are the ones doing the legwork and know best

That's fair, we can only speculate from here. It does make some sense though.

It could simply just be a case of Rankine isn't a high end KPF/midfield prospect (I have my questions despite an apparently solid contested game) and therefore just isn't worth the extra effort to obtain right now, despite the talent.

All good.
Im sure we do the right thing! #INHAGGISWETRUST

Will we only trade up for Luko or would we go for a Rozee/Smith-type as well?

All good if you didn’t find that out

Rookie listed don't have to delist. if he has no contract he open slather.
Maybe he the Fall back option
He has been on our rookie list for 3 years. At this point there are 3 options available - delist him, promote him to the senior list, or trade him. If we delist him, then we have the option of re-drafting him in the rookie draft (if he chooses to nominate). We cannot have him on our rookie list in 2019, unless we delist & re-draft him.

I'm not sure what you mean by "he open slather" or "he the Fall back option".

The other day on the radio (I think it was trade radio), a question was asked about Rankine's off-field antics to one of the S.A development coaches (I think)

It seemed like he may have a reputation that we're not interested in.

What was the answer? Being in the spotlight you would think we would hear something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back