Bookmark it Richmond v Essendon 2019 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a thing, it's just often used incorrectly. It's a historical label and nickname of what were the traditional biggest 4 clubs of Victoria, nothing more.

Its not of any relevance to the AFL. Period.

I think Richmond will be in contention next year, someone to help Jack in the forward line will be a big boost. I would be worried about their high intensity style though, tough to keep it going year in and year out.

Essendon will most likely make the eight. They didn't perform up to expectations this year, and have proven nothing. Winning games of no relevence at the back end of the season is nothing more than junk time goals. Every off season we hear the same thing, Bombers for the Eight, Bombers for the four, Bombers to win the GF. And every year it is the same result, fails to perform consistenly enough throughout the season, and/or drops their bundle come finals time.

Bombers maybe. Richmond nah. I think their gameplan will slip back in the pack in 2019 (5th-8th). Eagles and Pies already showed that they can be beaten convincingly when you know how.

For me, maybe, just maybe. Bombers v Hawks or a GWS.

Last edited:
To be fair we did alright in the second half of the season and beat some pretty good teams. Unfortunately we'd already ****** ourselves in the first half of the season by losing to s**t truck teams like Carlton.
True, but it has zero relevence to 2019. Junk time games so to speak, no pressure to make finals.

Do it in the season proper and people will take notice. Six months and a new bunch of players...

True, but it has zero relevence to 2019. Junk time games so to speak, no pressure to make finals.

Do it in the season proper and people will take notice. Six months and a new bunch of players...
They weren't all junk time games mate. That's what I'm saying. We were in finals contention for a good part of the second half. It was the first half of the season that was the millstone around the neck. Agree it obviously has zero relevance for 2019 beyond being a motivator not to let it happen again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just wasn’t one bad game, it’s more like they couldn’t win away from the mcg, they couldn’t win with 1 of there 4 good players out, they cried more than Geelong appealing for frees rather than earning them. The way I see it is that their game plan was so finely balanced and high risk...any minor change caused them headaches. I’m not sure they will cope with so many changes to their structure in 2019

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Too right ToddaRools
Tigers are no good, apart from 3 finals in 2017
Will struggle against powerful Collingwood in H&A(like in 2018)
The above comments are BOOKMARKED
Love the optimism

So you think we will slip that far?

If Lynch steps up we go into 2019 with an improved and better balanced team than this year, I cant see any of this years top 4 slipping far really.
Nah Tiger2709, just a bit of sarcasm to all Geelong followers who predict but fail
It must be a Western suburbs thing
I do however BOOKMARK that Tigers will be in a GF before the Cats
Agree that Lynch will improve the Tigers in many years to come.
Riewoldt, Lynch the best 1,2 punch in the comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back