The things bogans do and like

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never denied I'm a fair bit of a classic bogan.

Modern bogan however would not like Bon Jovi. They like Lil Pump, or DJ Khaledi, or some shit. Modern bogans go out and king hit people and gets oodles of tatts and wear shoes without socks and earn shitloads of money but still try to claim they're an Aussie battler and sing along to Daryl Braithwaite at the races ironically and are really a little bit detestable.

David Warner is a bogan.

Sent from mTalk
The worst part about that it is singing along to Daryl Braithwaite ironically. Horses is a lifestyle, not a fad. You either sing from the heart or not at all.

The worst part about that it is singing along to Daryl Braithwaite ironically. Horses is a lifestyle, not a fad. You either sing from the heart or not at all.

Did you see his performance of it this year at the Cox Plate. Amazing. I had tears in my eyes.

Has someone anointed themselves the resident expert? Is there a definition of modern and classic bogan?
I have no formal qualifications on the matter, but I figure that if I talk enough shit on the subject it will inevitably cause people to view me as somewhat of a subject expert after a few hard years of trying, just like how Harold Scruby is the national expert on the interface between motorists and pedestrians.

I believe that boganism is a spectrum rather than a black and white case and we all fall on that spectrum. However, I see a classical bogan as one who appeals to early modern tradition whereas a modern bogan is more likely to to partake in modern fads. Eventually a modern bogan may find their taste in music, activities and clothing become stagnant, at which point they will find themselves slowly transitioning to classical bogan form while the next generation of modern bogans will take their place.

I suppose at some point, your preferred hobbies, music and attire will become old enough to be seen as sophisticated when enough people aren't around to remind you of how corny your favourite things once were, at which point you evolve into just being a dag.

This modern bogan vs classic bogan thing isn’t a distinction to wear with pride, one isn’t better than the other
The modern Bogan would have a villa in Seminyak, the Classic Bogan would have been down at Rosebud Caravan Park or up on the Murray

Bling is the thing for the new Bogan just look at Bikers with Gucci thats the template,they would have been bashed for trying that 10 years ago

Next time just use some of this:

P1011L.jpg

+

rat-poison-powder-500x500.jpg

=

no more cat.

Cat betrayal!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The classic bogan are distinguished by their socio economic status, clothes, accent etc

The modern bogans are identified by shitty attitudes and lifestyle choices. They litter, live outside their means, wear tshirts with a designer label written on them, watch reality tv (and plenty more to be added to this list). You have to do a few bogan things to be a bogan.

The classic bogan are distinguished by their socio economic status, clothes, accent etc

The modern bogans are identified by shitty attitudes and lifestyle choices. They litter, live outside their means, wear tshirts with a designer label written on them, watch reality tv (and plenty more to be added to this list). You have to do a few bogan things to be a bogan.

Anyone that watches The Block I put in the bogan category, you'd have to be a bogan to watch other bogans renovate houses and actually enjoy it.

Classic bogan stuck to alcohol and the occasional weed.

Modern bogan is a violent meth addict.

Classic bogan thought Star Wars and Star Trek were "****ing gay" and for nerds.

Modern bogan loves branded blockbusters and has a Netflix subscription.

Celebrating on social media about Mundine getting knocked out

Most people would celebrate that but Mundine wasn't actually knocked out, he knew he couldn't beat Horn and was just there to collect a pay cheque.

He didn't even try to defend himself, he basically just asked Horn to land a blow so he could pretend to be knocked out and call the fight off.

Surprised Horn even bothered fighting him but I guess he got a decent pay cheque from it himself, 90 seconds work for a few hundred k, I'd take that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back