Has Jordan De Goey announced himself?

Remove this Banner Ad

Besides Dustins really super year he hasn't been that mind blowing tbh. I doubt DeGoey will reach that level still though
He’s 27 and you could argue that he has four or five very good years ahead of him. Could easily end up with another Brownlow or two. Plus how many 27 year olds have been “mind blowing” when you take out their best season?

De Goey’s ceiling is an AA. I don’t think he’ll ever win a Brownlow or AFLCA.

He’s 27 and you could argue that he has four or five very good years ahead of him. Could easily end up with another Brownlow or two. Plus how many 27 year olds have been “mind blowing” when you take out their best season?

De Goey’s ceiling is an AA. I don’t think he’ll ever win a Brownlow or AFLCA.

Here fishy fishy

How “mind blowing” was Martin at de goey’s age?

Was he even as good as De Goey?
Averaged more kicks, handballs, disposals, marks, behinds, tackles, inside 50s, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, clearances, rebound 50s and bounces. He also had a higher disposal efficiency.

Come back to me when de Goey breaks the all time Brownlow votes record, wins a Norm Smith, a flag and an AFLCA.

Cheers

Oh yeah, Dusty had more Brownlow votes too

Averaged more kicks, handballs, disposals, marks, behinds, tackles, inside 50s, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, clearances, rebound 50s and bounces. He also had a higher disposal efficiency.

Come back to me when de Goey breaks the all time Brownlow votes record, wins a Norm Smith, a flag and an AFLCA.

Cheers
There is a board you can compare players.

He’s actually quite similar from a stats perspective to Josh Caddy when you compare their 2018 seasons.

Not bad when Josh has had a career year and is 3.5 years older than DeGoey.

If the improvement continues, DeGoey could be one of the competitions best. He should be Colligwoods priority to sign him long term and build a team around.

But it also highlights how good a year a contributor like Caddy had without the fanfare DeGoey got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers
It’s almost as if he played in the midfield whilst De Goey played up forward

It’s almost as if he played in the midfield whilst De Goey played up forward
Actually, Dusty played a lot up forward in 2013. Back then we had guys like Cotchin, Deledio, Jackson, Foley, Tuck, Ellis, Conca and Grigg playing predominantly midfield. It wasn’t until 2016 when Dusty could completely run out games.

Actually, Dusty played a lot up forward in 2013. .

Yet kicked less than half the goals of De Goey did at the same age and had less goal assists.

Dusty is a better player now but let’s not pretend he was close to that early on. De Goey is tracking better than Martin was

Yet kicked less than half the goals of De Goey did at the same age and had less goal assists.

Dusty is a better player now but let’s not pretend he was close to that early on. De Goey is tracking better than Martin was
Wrong Dusty had kicked more goals while playing as a mid, De Goey has been nowhere near Dusty at the same age

But you have absolutely nothing to back up that claim? At the same age, Dusty is statistically superior and polled more Brownlow votes. De Goey also played in a far superior side. Dusty was comfortably better at the same age.

Wrong Dusty had kicked more goals while playing as a mid, De Goey has been nowhere near Dusty at the same age

Actually, Dusty played a lot up forward in 2013. .

2FEEEA45-B31C-41FB-9DCE-58626DC305ED.png

Dusty’s 2017 was the greatest individual season ever. It doesn’t mean everything he’s done before or since is the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back