The Bigfooty Official Week 14 thread - Spider Mitchell is back and Nick Collison jersey retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol you'll never admit I'm right here, dont worry about it

Lol, right about what?

You said that you were 'surrounded by casuals', and posted a tweet saying that Giannis gets more calls than Harden.

I posted an alternative ratio that shows that that claim is nonsense.

You're saying that Harden's free throw rate is high because he shoots freebies off jumpshots. I believe you. This info is out there.

1547728226586.png

The point that you are missing is that the info above does not contradict the ratios I posted. Rather it complements them, or helps explain them basically.

The question that the neutral observer will ask themselves is "Does the info above sound feasible or logical?" Most will respond with a hearty "No".

It doesn't make sense that the league's most lethal three point shooter (Curry) is fouled 1/4 of the amount on threes compared to an inferior outside shooter. Most people will agree with that statement.

I have no idea what you're claiming to be 'right' about? That it's not fair to remove three point attempts when comparing free throw rates? My answer is that removing three point shots is much fairer than just comparing base free throw rates between two players (Harden and Giannis) who play completely different games. If you're claiming to be 'right' about half of Harden's free throws coming off of jumpers, I never said I didn't believe you. It explains why Harden's free throw rate is insane. What I'm dubious about is whether those free throws are being legitimately earned, because there is no real reason for one guy to be fouled 300% more on jump shots than any other shooter in the league. That's it.

Good Knicks.

Another close loss.

No, it was like watching Miranda Kerr undressing.

Highly arousing.

29gdcut.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back