List Mgmt. Part 3- And on it goes: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Even though i've been a big Venables fan since day one, and he obviously has a flag now...

I think watching Jarrod Berry ticking boxes in his development as a solid big bodied midfielder is going to be painful.
I think Venables has a lot of scope for improvement and consistency. He appears injury prone and has been held back by injuries. He played some good games last year which was his first. I haven't given up on him.

I agree that Berry's output and trajectory so far has been good. Better than I thought he would be, he sounded vanilla to me pre-draft. I think too it's too early to judge who will be better. You make your choice and then you have to live with it.

They are different players, one more explosive, the other more consistent.

Our reserves sides gonna get smashed but can see Jake and Oscar having big days out when we have a competitive midfield on the park.

What would that team even look like?

Midfield of : C: Yeo Kelly Gaff
R: NN Shuey Cog

with Redden on the bench?

No Sheed BOOOOOOO!!!
No Hutch boo
No Masten B-.... eh that's fine

I'm finally happy with the midfield for the next few years actually. Don't need to throw the kitchen sink at an Agrade midfielder.

Looks like our Key Position stocks are healthy as well.

We should target talented youngsters with elite foot skills for when Hurn and Jetts retires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though i've been a big Venables fan since day one, and he obviously has a flag now...

I think watching Jarrod Berry ticking boxes in his development as a solid big bodied midfielder is going to be painful.

Berry is class. I remember in the SPP vs Venables discussions stating that Berry at #17 is the best slider of that draft.

Mind you, he has 22 more games than Venables currently does (37 vs 15) - that's a significant amount of additional development there.

I also know that at the draft in 2016 if Brisbane had to choose between Venables and Berry, they'd have taken Venables.

Make of that what you will.

I think Venables has a lot of scope for improvement and consistency. He appears injury prone and has been held back by injuries. He played some good games last year which was his first. I haven't given up on him.

I agree that Berry's output and trajectory so far has been good. Better than I thought he would be, he sounded vanilla to me pre-draft. I think too it's too early to judge who will be better. You make your choice and then you have to live with it.

They are different players, one more explosive, the other more consistent.

Shuey was injured throughout his first two seasons as well. He worked out just nicely.

A few good west aussies possibly featuring in the top 20 in the draft this year.
I wonder if we would be willing to part with our first pick(depending on the rules) to get kelly knowing a high quality west aussie mid might still be on the board

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A few good west aussies possibly featuring in the top 20 in the draft this year.
I wonder if we would be willing to part with our first pick(depending on the rules) to get kelly knowing a high quality west aussie mid might still be on the board

Yes we will trade for kelly.

You make it sound like west Australians are rare but we pass on them regularly. Venables over spp. Brander over Allen. I can go on.

I can understand if players are about the same quality. But otherwise you are shooting yourself in foot. Do we really want the club to reach for players who are from wa when it believes there are better players available from interstate?

No. I unlike some people, do not lose sleep if a player wants to leave. Player leaving helps to retain other players and also get other players in. Give me a shuey, who wants to leave, over spp any day.

Yes we will trade for kelly.

You make it sound like west Australians are rare but we pass on them regularly. Venables over spp. Brander over Allen. I can go on.

I can understand if players are about the same quality. But otherwise you are shooting yourself in foot. Do we really want the club to reach for players who are from wa when it believes there are better players available from interstate?

No. I unlike some people, do not lose sleep if a player wants to leave. Player leaving helps to retain other players and also get other players in. Give me a shuey, who wants to leave, over spp any day.
I understand that and i think just going for west aussies regardless is poor drafting but if we can get our hands on elite WA players through the draft was just wondering if we may not offer up our first for kelly
Im of the mind to try to royally screw geelong over anyway

Last edited:
Hi gang - what was the knock on Luke Partington? disposal issues?
A damn fine question...was being touted/hoped for as the next mid/forward, couldn't break into the squad for whatever reasons, then was unceremoniously given his wheely-bag and shown the exit!
Yet we kept Mutimer, presumably for the 2's.
I don't know the real answer, but like Tom Lamb perhaps some players just don't 'click' with the team or the club, a personality thing..? But we have Venables and others tracking nicely, suggesting there was better depth coming through anyway, possibly with more unique skills..

A damn fine question...was being touted/hoped for as the next mid/forward, couldn't break into the squad for whatever reasons, then was unceremoniously given his wheely-bag and shown the exit!
Yet we kept Mutimer, presumably for the 2's.
I don't know the real answer, but like Tom Lamb perhaps some players just don't 'click' with the team or the club, a personality thing..? But we have Venables and others tracking nicely, suggesting there was better depth coming through anyway, possibly with more unique skills..

Heard a funny story about Tom Lamb on the rumour board.

They mentioned how Harly Balic has a restraining order on Tom Lamb who did not take kindly to Balic dating his Ex GF and Lamb got physical

Heard a funny story about Tom Lamb on the rumour board.

They mentioned how Harly Balic has a restraining order on Tom Lamb who did not take kindly to Balic dating his Ex GF and Lamb got physical
has issues? exits are usually kept fairly quiet..curiously he wasn't picked up by another club? or partington?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back