Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that they named a stand after Ricciuto, shows just how rubbish the football side of Adelaide Oval is.
There didn’t need to be a stand named after him or Wanganeen. They were too recent. Of course piss weak SA didn’t want to scare cows fans needing hands held as they left the swamp. Should have been no Basheer stand as well and instead Ken Farmer, Russell Ebert and Malcolm Blight stands (there’s a Crows connection there). The whinging if there’d have been 3 stands to 1 with a connection to Port would have been continuous for years.

I like this one

I have this train set. Hahahahahahahahaha!

P.S.: I have shown the pic to my train-lover 6-year-old, and he said: "Have they stolen it from us?!"

P.P.S.: Geez! Looking better, I have also similar drum set and swing horse... :D

Last edited:
Coniglio won't leave GWS.

I'd previously have agreed but free agency has changed everything.

Imagine being told in mid 2016 that we'd have Brisbane Lions captain and Murray Bushranger alumni Tom Rockliff playing for us in 2018.

Imagine being told in 2009 that Jack Watts would end up on our list.

Imagine being told in mid 2016 that we'd have Brisbane Lions captain and Murray Bushranger alumni Tom Rockliff playing for us in 2018.

Listen to Coniglio talk, he's just not the sort of guy that's going to go slutting himself off to the highest bidder as a free agent. He's a humble, hard working, loyal kid - comparable to Travis Boak at Port. He'll play out his career at GWS.

Imagine being told in 1986 that top Richmond draft pick Jay Schulz would end up on our list. Insane, make you think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His comments would be fine if they came after genuine success in the form of a premiership, rather than a Round 1 win that actually proves nothing.
Yeah but noone was complaining when we were 1-0.

Sure we fell away a bit in the last 22 rounds but it was a good start wasn't it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

At 1-0 Koch is convinced that Ken's superpowers have been restored.

He really does need to learn to keep his mouth shut until he actually has something that has been proven over time and been tested again and again and again that then proves to be true.

Such an attention seeker.

Too many times. Too many.

There didn’t need to be a stand named after him or Wanganeen. They were too recent. Of course piss weak SA didn’t want to scare cows fans needing hands held as they left the swamp. Should have been no Basheer stand as well and instead Ken Farmer, Russell Ebert and Malcolm Blight stands (there’s a Crows connection there). The whinging if there’d have been 3 stands to 1 with a connection to Port would have been continuous for years.
Yeah but Ebert, Blight and Farmer got statues instead

Its not in the written article but its in the interview that I listened to this morning but what Koch said below just confirms my low opinion of him.

Koch tells us members at meetings he doesn't bullshit us. On 3 occasions I have heard him say his job on TV is as a professional bullshiter. He bullshits plenty away from the set of Sunrise.

Remember what he said sometime after last year ended and before the members convention, can't remember exactly when, but he said - at 11 and 4, EVERYBODY thought Ken was a genius.

From 6 minutes into the embedded audio.

Today he said - "Even at 11 and 4, we knew it was a very fragile 11 and 4. Very Fragile 11 and 4. I think the Carlton game was probably a turning point for us, when you know, on either side of a very close game against Carlton, either side they were smashed, of us. And you thought yep, no, I think we've been lucky, we're stretching the friendship, if you like, of what we were doing, so umhhh and it was a collective thing as we do we always take ownership, collectively of the success and also the failures and we had to have a good look at ourselves. And we did, from the board down."

Now its good that Koch and others finally saw the truth, but don't treat us like mugs that all of us fans though Ken was a genius when you and the others didn't see what plenty of us fans saw, or if you did see it at the time, you were too much of a pants wetter to admit it publicly after last season ended because you couldn't handle the criticism of another failure and signing Ken too early. Lockhart Road

Last edited:
Its not in the written article but its in the interview that I listened to this morning but what Koch said below just confirms my low opinion of him.

Koch tells us members at meetings he doesn't bullshit us. On 3 occasions I have heard him say his job on TV is as a professional bullshiter. He bullshits plenty away from the set of Sunrise.

Remember what he said sometime after last year ended and before the members convention, can't remember exactly when, but he said - at 11 and 4, EVERYBODY thought Ken was a genius.

From 6 minutes into the embedded audio.

Today he said - "Even at 11 and 4, we knew it was a very fragile 11 and 4. Very Fragile 11 and 4. I think the Carlton game was probably a turning point for us, when you know, on either side of a very close game against Carlton, either side they were smashed, of us. And you thought yep, no, I think we've been lucky, we're stretching the friendship, if you like, of what we were doing, so umhhh and it was a collective thing as we do we always take ownership, collectively of the success and also the failures and we had to have a good look at ourselves. And we did, from the board down."

Now its good that Koch and others finally saw the truth, but don't treat us like mugs that all of us fans though Ken was a genius when you and the others didn't see what plenty of us fans saw, or if you did see it at the time, you were too much of a pants wetter to admit it publicly after last season ended because you couldn't handle the criticism of another failure and signing Ken too early. Lockhart Road
Koch was man enough to get somebody else to get somebody else to sack me.

It’s Karl Krupp I hate.

I'm not sure why some peeps here are having a bit of a cry.. That was actually one of his better interviews.
First thing he said was it's only round 1 (not getting carried away). Koch, like most of us, is just happy with how round 1 went.
Yeah I thought he was talking about round 1 specifically too.

I had huge doubts in the off-season, thought we'd get smashed straight off the bat, but we won so that's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back