Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if umpires stopped prancing around, talking too much to players & believing people give a flying **** about centre bouncing skills they'd be less inept.

I'll say it again! **** up, throw it up & stfu.. simple.

Maybe if the AFL didn't instruct them to make their presence and control on the game known at every available opportunity out of fear there might be a blue if they didn't and this might leave a few soccer mums aghast and their kids playing on a rectangle field only next season, they would.

Anyone else pick up in the broadcast that one Troy Chaplin is the Melbourne defensive coach. They were horrible defensively, figures
The Melbourne defence has now given up 343 points in the first 3 games, or 114 per game. They're on track to concede 2500 points in the minor round - if it happens, I'd say Chaplin will be looking for another job in 2020.

Tippingwuti is the only likeable thing about Essendon
He’s the most annoying thing as well, he wouldn’t have got a chance if it wasn’t for the cheating thing.

Let's not go overboard. People are talking about this like we're at war and he's committed high treason. It's a game of football and there's no evidence that he's crossed any sort of line by simply being present in the Essendon rooms.
He used to play for them. Who gives a s**t!
Would be different if it was some random team, but they are his club as well as Port.

As a board member of Port Gavin shouldn't be in those rooms nor should Essendon accept him in there. However in this day and age everything is acceptable, high-fiivng Seedsman for his hard-luck 6 week injury, Koch consoling Chapman in the come together as one showdown, co-captains, Hinkley encouraging extreme sports during pre-season, Erin stand at AO after 13 game football career, …

He used to play for them. Who gives a s**t!
Would be different if it was some random team, but they are his club as well as Port.

Yay and he can be on the board of both clubs and we can all be friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no issue with Gav being there, catching up with old mates etc, Essendon was a pretty big part of his life too
Indeed it was a big part of his life. But he's a board member for us now, so being in the Essendon rooms is a no go. If he wants the freedom to do things like visit the rooms of both clubs, he should vacate his seat on the board.

I have no issue with Gav being there, catching up with old mates etc, Essendon was a pretty big part of his life too

There is unlikely much to gain from being in the changerooms but you can never discount that either. I don't see it too different if Dew, Francou, Mahoney, Kingsley, Burgoyne, and Lade caught up with Monty and Schofield in our rooms after a match or Eddie entering Sydney's changerooms to care for Goodes or Sam Hayes celebrating in the Collingwood changerooms after a win against the crows (although celebrating that is ok) … there are some boundaries that you shouldn't cross.

About the only time I can say it is a definite ok is when it is family such as Shane Wakelin in the rooms with Port celebrating the flag in 2004. That was great!

Kg: "What's wrong with adelaide this season "

That's not even a question that needs to asked old man.

Edit. People are wondering why Betts isnt kicking goals like he did 2+ years ago.

Hes 32, clearly in some form of physical decline and has no Cameron to pick up his slack.

Last edited:
Relax chaps Wangas is undercover hiding in plain sight Orazio and Francis will be Portsed before morning.
I look forward to welcoming Zac Clarke and the two kids that ran past the ball to get to the interchange then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back