AFL Toast Rnd 4: Bombers tame the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

How about all those ins!? My meltdown on Thursday night was completely inappropriate.

Thought the whole defence was good today. Ridley continues to impress me, excellent disposal.

Wonder what changes we will make this week? Myers May be the obvious one out.. who comes in?

Good win. The last half was mostly not that good and that’s a very big positive.

It should be mandatory to have a 2:10 game at the MCG every round. It just feels 'right'.

Also, the AFL has to do something about the umpiring as it's somehow getting worse
It’s laughably bad at this point

Also, the AFL has to do something about the umpiring as it's somehow getting worse
That's largely because the AFL has tried to do something about the umpiring. In particular tried to use the umpires to change the game into what it was like 40 years ago.

That pressure in the middle was what we've been looking for. If we can sustain it, then we will live up to the hype.

Can't think we'll need too many changes.
Depends how Myers is going after the umps ignored the perfect example of why studs up was introduced
if Ambrose gets a week, Francis in.

Other than, its nice to think we dont need to look to the reserves for the 22 next week.

Tempting to give Clarke one more game to grow into some form, and we can weigh up who to drop for Joey on Anzac Day.

It should be mandatory to have a 2:10 game at the MCG every round. It just feels 'right'.

2:10 games are awesome. would be happy to dominate the time slot too.

As for the umps, they were bad. Some soft ones our way.
Hodge slings and drives Heppells head into the turf - nothing
Hipwood slings McGrath - nothing
Hipwood studs up into Myers face - nothing

though i will say, i am liking that they dont call HTB when the player is tackled mid-kick and doesn't connect.
that was a stupid rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing that hasn't had a lot of conversation so far but McGrath has been able to get among the goal scorers a few times this season and actually looks to have bloody good instincts around goal.

Reckon if we were ever short a small forward we could always shove him up there and he would acquit himself admirably. Not saying it should be a goal to develop him down there but I think as a break in case of emergency option it could be something we could use.

One thing that hasn't had a lot of conversation so far but McGrath has been able to get among the goal scorers a few times this season and actually looks to have bloody good instincts around goal.

Reckon if we were ever short a small forward we could always shove him up there and he would acquit himself admirably. Not saying it should be a goal to develop him down there but I think as a break in case of emergency option it could be something we could use.

Came to say this, think he could replace Baguley. Saad, McKenna and McGrath leaves us a little short down back, Redman and Ridley add much better flexibility and just as much drive.

The only downside of this victory is that I won’t be able to resist giving money to the Murdoch empire tomorrow when I go to the newsagent see Walla on the front and back page of the Hun.

Won’t beat Winx

Thought he was better around the ground than TBC today.

My real and only disappointment watching the game live via VPN and Kayo in Philippines. TBC really should be doing a whole lot more. He looks to me like he’s just going through the motions, is slow, fumbles a lot, drops a lot of marks. FFS man, play with balls.

That's largely because the AFL has tried to do something about the umpiring. In particular tried to use the umpires to change the game into what it was like 40 years ago.
Mate, 40 years ago we never had to stick up with the crap we're getting served up nowadays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back