AFL Toast Rnd 4: Bombers tame the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

In hindsight it seems our match committee might actually have a clue. Its going to be harder for the mid week sulk fest after this performance.

Redman for Guelfi - was a good move. Redman just better all around.
Hooker for Francis - Hooker very solid and defensively we looked a lot more solid. I still love Francis but you can't deny this move worked and Ambrose schooled Hipwood.
Brown for McKernan - Brown was terrific and more than made up for McKernan. Not bad for a bloke that supposedly is only capable of crumbing goals at VFL level.
Myers for Mutch - Myers played pretty decent. Didn't dominate but was solid and I don't think too many people had objections with his game.

Obviously Tippa was fantastic, Zac Merrett was brilliant and I thought Shiel and Zaka were great as well. Most of the team was pretty good.

Oh and Clarke was boatloads better this week and his disposal was actually pretty clean. Did a very good job of keeping Harris Andrews quiet.

Stupid club. Stupid players. Stupid coach. I'm done. Blah blah blah. Maybe stick fat for once. Don't even think of getting on here and getting excited... I'm excited. Great performance lads....
It was a great win, but let's not pretend we haven't been here before.

The only thing lacking today (apart from decent umpires) was someone who could clunk a forward pack mark.
Can’t wait to see Big Joe Dan in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Superb first half. Second half was meh. Walla was immense. One of the best individual games from a bomber in many years. Kicking was increadible, pressure fantastic, gut running, marking, and finishing. :thumbsu:

That was alright 😀
Even with the dropoff in the 2nd half we still looked ok and managed to limit the damage they could do.
Merrett and Heppell were very impressive, hurley and hooker worked well down back, walla was fantastic and everyone managed to do at least a few good things.

I think there's still a few changes to be made to really get our best 22, but we're improving amd looking to get back on track. Next few weeks now crucial for our season

Stupid club. Stupid players. Stupid coach. I'm done. Blah blah blah. Maybe stick fat for once. Don't even think of getting on here and getting excited... I'm excited. Great performance lads....
You can't say we're not stupid. GWS looked good but we should be 3-1. Hopefully losing to the Saints isn't the difference between 8-9 or 4-5 on the ladder at seasons end. You are still a stupid driver if you crash into a tree on Thursday but drive good on Friday and Saturday. But yeah great win by the boys. Keep it going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back