AFL Toast Rnd 4: Bombers tame the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Brown is such an impressive runner. He works so hard often for no return but he leads hard right up to the wing to provide an outlet for defence. He was my BOG for the day.

And how’s this for a laugh; according to the tracking data, Mark Baguley recorded our highest sprint speed for the day at 31.7 km/h

BOG but for Walla.

They are not a bad team
thatsthejoke.jpg

Yeah strange one. Lefties are usually dead-eye-dicks. Hopefully he can change that.

In regards to his kicking... I think it’s not due to his disposal more his decision making atm to why he is spraying kicks... looks like he second guesses himself when he’s about to kick on which option to hit up. When he gets used to playing with the guys and their leading patterns... oh boy wowee

You can't say we're not stupid. GWS looked good but we should be 3-1. Hopefully losing to the Saints isn't the difference between 8-9 or 4-5 on the ladder at seasons end. You are still a stupid driver if you crash into a tree on Thursday but drive good on Friday and Saturday. But yeah great win by the boys. Keep it going.
We are not stupid.

In hindsight it seems our match committee might actually have a clue. Its going to be harder for the mid week sulk fest after this performance.

Redman for Guelfi - was a good move. Redman just better all around.
Hooker for Francis - Hooker very solid and defensively we looked a lot more solid. I still love Francis but you can't deny this move worked and Ambrose schooled Hipwood.
Brown for McKernan - Brown was terrific and more than made up for McKernan. Not bad for a bloke that supposedly is only capable of crumbing goals at VFL level.
Myers for Mutch - Myers played pretty decent. Didn't dominate but was solid and I don't think too many people had objections with his game.

Obviously Tippa was fantastic, Zac Merrett was brilliant and I thought Shiel and Zaka were great as well. Most of the team was pretty good.

Oh and Clarke was boatloads better this week and his disposal was actually pretty clean. Did a very good job of keeping Harris Andrews quiet.
Exactly this. Exactly. I really don't hate any of our players and celebrate their success and Wooshas success yesterday. Guys like Ridley and Redman will keep their spots in due course. The coaching staff actually have the best interests of the clubs performance believe it or not.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were far cleaner with our skills inside and outside the contest. Pretty simple game really when it boils down to it. I know that good skills stem from pressure around the ball, but it just seemed our decision making was far better today.

Most pleasing aspect was that we actually outplayed the opponent and it wasn't a victory that was due to a poor performance from the opposition, who were full of confidence after 3 straight wins. Even in the 3rd and start of the 4th when they started to get on top (will always happen in a game of footy against a good side) we didn't drop our bundle and managed to defend well deep and with continuous i50 against.

Still room for improvement, as we saw in the second half. If we can play 4 quarters of footy like the first half (pressure around the ball, repeat inside 50s, good defense which sets up transition scoring opportunities) we should be competitive in all games this season.

Ridley and Redman added a little more class to the team. I mentioned in Redman thread how he shook off a tackle and then then smart kick he pulled in the second for a short pass and resulted in a goal.

Ridley can mark, kick and run well...see he acceleration down outer wing in the last quarter. They both look like they can play smalls and taller types. Gives a lot more flexibility.

Well played Today. Bombers way too good and whilst the Lions were a bit down Today your mob was easily the best of the 4 teams we have played this year. Really frightening when the bombers turn the ball over and the speed in which you can move it back down the other end of the field. Made our defensive work in the middle of the ground, particularly in the first half look pretty ordinary.

Fair turn around from your first 2 games. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Brisbane seem to be going places with a good mix of experience and youth and yesterday could have been closer but for a bit of inaccuracy from Cameron and McStay. Then there is McCluggage, has he was the early favorite to be the number 1 draft pick, I watched him and he shows a lot of promise highlighted by that nice goal from the pocket. While he wasn't on McGrath but they were probably about even for the day.

Superb first half. Second half was meh. Walla was immense. One of the best individual games from a bomber in many years. Kicking was increadible, pressure fantastic, gut running, marking, and finishing. :thumbsu:

Who was the last Bomber to kick 7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back