How could Geelong possibly miss James Worpel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Motlop was your best player in the finals last year.
No, Motlop played well against Sydney. He was atrocious in every other final he played for the club. Very frustrating player to have on the list.

His finals series indicates why Geelong passed on him. Shockingly bad, and I've supported a team with Steven Motlop.

Id say he was about as bad as pretty much every senior player with a dozen or more finals under their belt.

Hard to come down too hard on the kids when the adults were crap.

Wait, a Motlop reference. Should this belong in The Bay ?

And he still would have been the best player in the 2018 finals. So many Geelong players went missing. Including the holy trinity, some people are still looking for them!
They were Geelong's best 3 though.

This thread is about Worpel and the reason Geelong refused to draft him. Please stay on topic.

Reminds me of Langford, played a couple good games and was going to be a superstar then turned into a spud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to hear the story behind this.

Local boy, captain of the Geelong Falcons, touted as a top-10 pick by some draft experts. Geelong have three chances to pick him up (although they did take the excellent Tim Kelly with one of those which is fair enough) and yet they still somehow miss out.

Not sure I would go so far as to say that their recruiting team should be sacked but I think there are plenty of questions to be asked.

Pick 36 Charlie Constable ( sandringham Dragons )

That's what happened took Tim Kelly and Forgarty in the 20's

Worpel went pick 45 only played 13 games so you went pretty early with this thread. Pretty sure everyones happy with what they got I would not be changing the picks

Screenshot_20190422-123127_Chrome_crop_395x546.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back