Live Event The 2019 NBA playoffs thread - Round 1 and Conference Semi finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are you only mentioning the media? Westbrook has been an outright campaigner to everyone (media, fans, officials, players) he deserves every bit of criticism he gets. Criticism regarding how garbage he's been this season is long overdue, everyone has tiptoed around it but he absolutely deserves to be blasted for everything both on the court and off the court he's been garbage.
A) There's no mention of on-court performance in the original tweet, that's a completely different discussion. And even if there was, Molly writes about MLB, so her opinion doesn't mean a great deal.
B) Even if the discussion was about Westbrooks on-court performance, he is an MVP and has done things no one else in NBA history have done. If you're suggesting he hasn't earned a level of respect for that then I'd question your basketball knowledge.

He has his haters, yes (exhibit A), for the way he goes about things but that's who he is as an individual. He isn't perfect as a player or media personality and he would be the first to tell you that. The reason I disagree with the Tweet is not that Westbrook is a model citizen, its because that's who Westbrook is, that's his brand, that's the reason she is interviewing him in the first place and the cry poor me (publically) when you cop that is soft.

She is trying to get attention. To claim the tweet is anything other than that is intellectually dishonest.

He was contractually obligated to give an interview as part of having a shoe deal.

He obviously doesn't have a beef with her (as you noted she does baseball).

And all she was asking was easy questions.

Just be a ******* gentleman and answer them.

I can't believe you're actually defending him.
I do not agree with his behaviour, I don't think anyone is surprised that he acted that way.

The suggestion I'm making is that the purpose of the tweet is to get attention for herself. She claims it was a waste of her day, was she not getting paid? It's her job to deal with athletes, and my point is athletes dont owe her or the greater media anything.

MLB beat writer trying to make a name for herself with a Twitter essay because an NBA player wouldn’t speak to her. Probably time for her to find a new career.

MLB writer sharing her experience with a entitled chucking ******* that follows suit with everyone else's experience with said *******.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back