Opinion The Booing of Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. But the umpires take? Well the players probably don't know the rules well enough. Yes, he actually said words to that effect. So 3 (or was 4) times players from both sides didn't know the rules well enough to the point where ALL those in the vicinity assume a free kick has or will be paid.

Yeah just **** off with the lies and patronising validations.
It's infuriating. Players are working so hard not to give away 50m penalties now that they do know the rules better than ever before. That's why they stopped!

That sanction that Jeremy Howe got for his tackle on Ridley... did... did the umpire talk about whether maybe that was a free kick?

Collingwood also booed Shuey as he was collecting the norm smith

Pot kettle black

Collingwood never booed shuey. Ask eagles fans we were very respectful after the game which many eagles fans have stated on Big footy. Unlike your fans who showed total disrespect to one of our greatest champions of our club. When hird won 3 Anzac medals Collingwood fans did not boo hird when he won the medal. Majority of your fans in that moment booing Pendlebury and you can still hear the boos when bucks called them out did not show respect to the Anzacs and was only thinking of themselves.

Anyway bring on next week now

Last edited:
Here’s thing though. If an Essendon player wins the ANZAC Day medal next year, without a shadow of a s**t there will be boos and “cooollinnggwooooods” through it. Who’s going to own that?

Collingwood never booed shuey. Ask eagles fans we were very respectful after the game which many eagles fans have stated on Big footy. Unlike your fans who showed total disrespect to one of our greatest champions of our club. When hird one 3 Anzac medals Collingwood fans did not boo hird when we one the medal. Majority of your fans in that moment booing Pendlebury and you can still hear the boos when bucks called them out did not show respect to the Anzacs and was only thinking of themselves.

careful you don’t fall from your high horse up there mate.

Collingwood never booed shuey. Ask eagles fans we were very respectful after the game which many eagles fans have stated on Big footy. Unlike your fans who showed total disrespect to one of our greatest champions of our club. When hird one 3 Anzac medals Collingwood fans did not boo hird when we one the medal. Majority of your fans in that moment booing Pendlebury and you can still hear the boos when bucks called them out did not show respect to the Anzacs and was only thinking of themselves.

Cue the vid showing pies fans booing Riewoldt.
Pot kettle black.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EFC should boycott Anzac Day next year unless the AFl apologise for its inadequate umpring standard this year, let's see how the AFL spins the Anzac tradition, then!

(PS not really, just still so mad)

You realise the free kicks were 17-14 in Collingwood’s favour. You would honestly think by all the who-ha that the free kick Talley was 17-4 Collingwood’s way

I think that’s true. I wonder how the actual diggers felt about it though. I suspect they would be fairly passionate about their footy too, though conflicted on behalf of the occasion.

As is my want when things like this crop up, I did a quick message around to a bunch of former colleagues to ask them what they thought/if they cared.
Noting that most are either from QLD or have lived there for a while, the major response was "what the * are you talking about?" (closely followed by "shutup and keep drinking"), but none of the 30-odd responses I got gave a s**t about it or felt in any way disrespected them or those who came before.
Pretty small sample size, but their reactions mirrored mine quite closely; we don't care, it's highly likely those that came before us wouldn't have cared, and if you really want to preserve the 'sanctity' of the day then stop playing sporting contests during it....

Collingwood never booed shuey. Ask eagles fans we were very respectful after the game which many eagles fans have stated on Big footy. Unlike your fans who showed total disrespect to one of our greatest champions of our club. When hird won 3 Anzac medals Collingwood fans did not boo hird when he won the medal. Majority of your fans in that moment booing Pendlebury and you can still hear the boos when bucks called them out did not show respect to the Anzacs and was only thinking of themselves.

Jog on dickhead

You've got to stop telling people to go away if you don't like what they are saying.

Disagree, argue if you want, let the mods deal with any rule breaches. But let people speak.

Nice melt.

Your shitty supporters boo multiple players every week. Stop being such a biased campaigner

You realise the free kicks were 17-14 in Collingwood’s favour. You would honestly think by all the who-ha that the free kick Talley was 17-4 Collingwood’s way
What does the number of free kicks have to do with anything?

I just need tp clarify one thing: I wasn't booing Pendles, I was booing the Anzacs. I was too busy buying beer and wiping my arse in the toilets with the Australian flag during the observance ceremony so missed my opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back