Universal Love Barra Leads Freo to the Win over WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't watch it since I was at work but listened to it on my phone and holy mother of God does it feel good right now to support this club. This season so far has been more than we could have hoped. Our veterans and leaders are stepping up as usual, our new recruits have been superb and players that needed to pull their fingers out (McCarthy and Matera) have done exactly that. Let's keep the good times rolling and stay in the top 4 as long as we can!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk about biting the hand that feeds, Bevo.

That’s how you get them on side. WC, North and WB lead the free kick stats over the last few years (longer for WC) and there’s no coincidence that their coaches whinge and moan about how hard done by they are at every opportunity.

- Backline absolutely immense; Nyhuis is best 22. Wilson's best game of the year and Hughes has won me over in the last few weeks.
- Hoges and Tabs disappointing after last week (although Jesse worked bloody hard) but Matera's instincts mean that's not a deal-breaker.
- Despite some great individual performances (Mundy, Hill and Fyfe), the midfield was ordinary for far too many extended stretches. Langdon's ball use stuck out like dogs balls in particular.

All that being said, this goes in the good win ledger for mine. They challenged and gave it everything they had and we responded admirably.

Next week looms as a real litmus test of where we're at IMO - we've had a tendency to go to Adelaide and get our pants pulled down, we need to make a statement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back